Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce (out for a while...)

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Looks like his injury is a long-term one.

Bauer has commented as well.

Hopefully that means Texeira will become a fixture.

Comments

• Nug said:

That's a shame for him, he's a real battler and leader, hope he recovers quickly. Tex is a good replacement and probably a better footballer with the ball at his feet which may help us until January.

• Sorry he got injured as he was beginning to win me round but if there is a silver lining at least central defence is the one area our squad appears to be relatively strong.
  • LenGlover said:

Sorry he got injured as he was beginning to win me round but if there is a silver lining at least central defence is the one area our squad appears to be relatively strong.

Yes, the one position where we are well stocked

Would Tex have played if this injury had occurred 2 months ago or is RS was still in charge?
  • I imagine that this will affect any chances of Lennon going in January
  • Bad news, but as others have pointed out, we have a more than able replacement with Tex.
  • Damn.

Relief Slade has gone so at least Tex can step in.
  • Pearce has been a very solid signing, shame he's out for a while.

No doubt we'll go and sell Lennon and Tex in January now.
  • The mindless idiots who run the club will probably flog 3 central defenders in the transfer window
  • Sponsored links:

• I imagine that this will affect any chances of Lennon going in January

still have Tex, Bauer, Konsa and Johnson so I can't see if it affects him leaving much, if at all.
  • Thought Pearce had a great game vs MK in the cup, but yeah, it's a sustainable loss for now
  • SDAddick said:

I love that Bauer seems to always seems to tweet at players when they're injured or when it's their birthday. Seems like a nice, down to earth guy.

I'm not Pearce's biggest fan. Don't think he's great on the ball, and his lack of pack and height/heading ability sometimes causes him to give away silly fouls. That sounds a little harsher than I mean it to, I just think he's a bit limited. I think Tex is the better player, and though not the quickest, he's more mobile than Pearce and a far better footballer. Think he'll slot in nicely and may actually improve us. Plus, we still have Konsa who is very mobile and good with the ball at his feet.
    SDAddick said:

I love that Bauer seems to always seems to tweet at players when they're injured or when it's their birthday. Seems like a nice, down to earth guy.

I'm not Pearce's biggest fan. Don't think he's great on the ball, and his lack of pack and height/heading ability sometimes causes him to give away silly fouls. That sounds a little harsher than I mean it to, I just think he's a bit limited. I think Tex is the better player, and though not the quickest, he's more mobile than Pearce and a far better footballer. Think he'll slot in nicely and may actually improve us. Plus, we still have Konsa who is very mobile and good with the ball at his feet.
    Konsa, as you probably know, played right back on Saturday and the CAFC fan experts say that he started as a full back in the juniors ..

given that Solly has his best days behind him and Foley is a short term solution, I am convinced that Konsa will be a long term solution to the 'right back problem' ..
    equally, I think that Fox gets a lot of over the top stick on here, however Chicksen looks to be a very accomplished and more natural left back and I hope that he keeps his spot .. tough on Fox though
  • edited December 2016

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Konsa, as you probably know, played right back on Saturday and the CAFC fan experts say that he started as a full back in the juniors ..

given that Solly has his best days behind him and Foley is a short term solution, I am convinced that Konsa will be a long term solution to the 'right back problem' ..
    equally, I think that Fox gets a lot of over the top stick on here, however Chicksen looks to be a very accomplished and more natural left back and I hope that he keeps his spot .. tough on Fox though
    You deserve the abuse you are going to get for that.
    abuse ????? .. wozat ((:>) .. if anyone who regularly watches us play GENUINELY thinks that Solly is as good as he was even a year ago, they're deluded .. it's a shame but his knee problems have caught up with him and blighted what was a terrific talent ..
    (If anyone wants to send me bullets in the post .. make them .45 calibre please)
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

abuse ????? .. wozat ((:>)
    You know, what you often dish out, Lincs.

Big smiley, though.

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Big smiley, though.

moi ? .. I am ALWAYS the victim ((:>)
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Big smiley, though.

haha ...... poor old Lincsy.

We love you really ..... well, sometimes!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad he's injured, but Tex is mustard and should be playing regardless... Offers a great threat from corners too (when we beat the first man)
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I didn't know Konsa start as a fullback at junior level. He got caught out for the Baldock chance against MKD in the first half, that could be a mistake of youth though. I have him pegged as a longer term solution at CB and maybe even CM, but as far as this season goes, having him as a RB seems to be alright. Robinson seems to rate him, as do Prem sides, so I wouldn't necessarily count on him being here long enough to be a 2-3 year solution to anything.

Regarding Solly, I'd agree that Solly hasn't been as good this calendar year as he was in past. Some of that was picking up injuries in the second half of last season and struggling to get in the side ahead of Motta. Haven't seen enough of him this year to judge, but at 25 (I think), just because he's had an off year doesn't mean his best years are behind him.

He seems like someone for whom the changes in coaching and in defensive partners could really effect. He's a great 1-v-1 defender, but his passing and distribution, to me, feel like they've gone backward a bit. He looked great under Peters, and seemed to have license to get forward more, but since then I think he's had a lot of different roles and instructions as to what to do when we have the ball, and that effects what he does when we don't have the ball.
  • Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Big smiley, though.

Is that you Katrien?
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I didn't know Konsa start as a fullback at junior level. He got caught out for the Baldock chance against MKD in the first half, that could be a mistake of youth though. I have him pegged as a longer term solution at CB and maybe even CM, but as far as this season goes, having him as a RB seems to be alright. Robinson seems to rate him, as do Prem sides, so I wouldn't necessarily count on him being here long enough to be a 2-3 year solution to anything.

Regarding Solly, I'd agree that Solly hasn't been as good this calendar year as he was in past. Some of that was picking up injuries in the second half of last season and struggling to get in the side ahead of Motta. Haven't seen enough of him this year to judge, but at 25 (I think), just because he's had an off year doesn't mean his best years are behind him.

He seems like someone for whom the changes in coaching and in defensive partners could really effect. He's a great 1-v-1 defender, but his passing and distribution, to me, feel like they've gone backward a bit. He looked great under Peters, and seemed to have license to get forward more, but since then I think he's had a lot of different roles and instructions as to what to do when we have the ball, and that effects what he does when we don't have the ball.
    some good debating points here ..

Solly .. 25 years of age, yes he is .. injury pays no heed to age .. his pace has gone but not his determination, perception and desire .. alas, not enough nowadays ..
    neither he nor Fox have given our much maligned midfield much help this season .. lack of pace and finding space ? .. though how much of this was down to Slade's defensive mindset is a matter of conjecture

folk whose opinions I respect disagree with me and think Konsa at full back is a mistake waiting to happen .. to me he has learnt (and is learning) very quickly, you can almost see him improving and learning as a game progresses .. I was not at the MK game, we will see .. weeks ago I was suggesting he be tried in midfield .. maybe that will happen soon .. he's just potentially a very good player

Premier possibilities ? .. more and more foreigners are playing at the top level, the desire for and need to sign English youngsters declines every season .. you've seen the furore surrounding Jenkinson at Arsenal ? .. we could well keep Konsa, dependant on how successful we are in the shorter term

Back to Solly .. he is erudite and clever .. he surely has a future as a coach/manager, hopefully with us

(I hope I'm wrong and that Solly returns with all the pace and vigour he had years ago and that his managerial career is a long way down the road)
  • He is a proper centre back at this level and we will miss him.
  • Previously Solly used to stand out from the other defenders, he was clearly at a better level. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, you have to assume the injury had taken its toll.

That Tex us better than Pearce is hardly a debate, the question with him is whether he wants to play in L1, and whether his wages are affordable
  • edited December 2016
    Laughing at the assumption that Konsa will be staying around for a while and that he'll be sold AFTER Solly.

• DRAddick said:

Is Solly now taking over from JJ as the player some fans say "his legs have gone" every year until 3 years later it finally does happen and those fans say " See, told ya".

Yes
  • Soon Solly will turn up in the underrated charlton players thread ffs.