Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Midfielder........

edited July 2008 in Rumours
AND I QUOTE!

BRITAIN’S Got Talent star Jeremy Lynch faces a new nerve-racking audition — at a top football club.

The keepy-uppy king has a trial with Charlton Athletic after his soccer skills wowed TV’s Simon Cowell and fellow judges.

The Essex student, 20, will spend a week training with the Championship outfit next month hoping to fulfil his dream of becoming a footballer.

Midfielder Jeremy, who was on Arsenal’s books as a kid, said: “I haven’t given up hope of turning pro.

“When I was let go by the Gunners at 14, I cried. I’ve now got to get into the Premier League another way. But I’m determined I’ll get there.”

Jeremy’s “freestyle football” skills took him all the way to the semi-finals of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent in May.

But he suffered an attack of pre-match jitters and dropped the ball twice.

Viewers still voted the popular rookie in the top three of his heat.

But he narrowly missed out on a place in the final when the judges selected Scottish singer Andrew Muir to go through instead.

Quality

The competition was eventually won by street dancer George Sampson.

Advertisement

Cowell told Jeremy: “It’s like forgetting your words twice — but you are a showman and you have star quality.”

Jeremy admitted: “I was devastated I dropped the ball and failed to make the final. But winning a contract with Charlton will more than make up for it.”

Jeremy starred in last year’s movie documentary In The Hands Of The Gods — about five freestylers going in search of legendary player Diego Maradona.

Hmmmmmm.............Let's hope he's back more talent then just some tricks

Comments

• hmm...didn't we used to have a keepy-uppy star?
    Oh yeah, we sold the greedy fecker or £10m! :-p
  • Jimmy Greaves could only ever do three keepy ups
  • This kid was pretty tasty with a ball actually - and he had good charisma

It certainly can't hurt to give him a try
  • to be fair it's not as if we are picking some rookie up off the streets. He was at Arsenal till he was 14 and many players have been let go at that age who then later go on to play at the top. No harm in giving him a trial and if we didn't and someone else did and he then went on to be a superstar we'd all moan that why hadn't we given him a chance.
  • I actually reffed him down the training ground a few weeks ago.

Good close control and a bit of pace, but would be very surprised if he was good enough to make it seeing as he was marked out the game by someone from Greenwich Council !

Strange how none of these juggling show ponies ever make it as players.
  • Sonny Pike for example what ever happend to that lad?
  • A few years back I played against that Mr Woo a couple of times, I thought he was pony, had bags and bags of skill but didn't understand the game and a 5 yard pass looked a struggle.
  • errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what about Scott parker ? he did the advert for MacSludge Burgers i think as a kid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what about Scott parker ? he did the advert for MacSludge Burgers i think as a kid.

Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqiFBJ7Np4
  • He has also been working as a community coach for Charlton, i believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]He has also been working as a community coach for Charlton, i believe.

I knew I had heard that somewhere else - cheers for that.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I actually reffed him down the training ground a few weeks ago.

Good close control and a bit of pace, but would be very surprised if he was good enough to make it seeing as he was marked out the game by someone from Greenwich Council !

Strange how none of these juggling show ponies ever make it as players.

Who's this lad from Greenwich Council - maybe he's worth a go too!! (or am I being a little bit Jon Acworth there!!)
  • sonny pike found the vigurs of footie to hard and ended up with serious addiction issues
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]sonny pike found the vigurs of footie to hard and ended up with serious addiction issues[/quote]

Football wise, a couple of seasons back,he was playing for Stevenage, not sure if he was in their first team or not.
  • atleast we now know what AP does on a Saturday evening
  • he suffered hugely such a prospect i have seen him out and about and know people who he has played footie with recently and the stories are horrific

all pushy parents should take note that lad didnt need to go Ajax all he needed was a good solid league club i.e an orient or Barnet even a Charlton back then and be allowed to develope slowly

poor bstd
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]atleast we now know what AP does on a Saturday evening
    so first it was youtube for scouting missions, and now it's saturday night tv. ant and dec to sign soon?
  • AND I QUOTE!

BRITAIN’S Got Talent star Jeremy Lynch faces a new nerve-racking audition — at a top football club.

The keepy-uppy king has a trial with Charlton Athletic after his soccer skills wowed TV’s Simon Cowell and fellow judges.

The Essex student, 20, will spend a week training with the Championship outfit next month hoping to fulfil his dream of becoming a footballer.

Midfielder Jeremy, who was on Arsenal’s books as a kid, said: “I haven’t given up hope of turning pro.

“When I was let go by the Gunners at 14, I cried. I’ve now got to get into the Premier League another way. But I’m determined I’ll get there.”

Jeremy’s “freestyle football” skills took him all the way to the semi-finals of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent in May.

But he suffered an attack of pre-match jitters and dropped the ball twice.

Viewers still voted the popular rookie in the top three of his heat.

But he narrowly missed out on a place in the final when the judges selected Scottish singer Andrew Muir to go through instead.

Quality

The competition was eventually won by street dancer George Sampson.

Advertisement

Cowell told Jeremy: “It’s like forgetting your words twice — but you are a showman and you have star quality.”

Jeremy admitted: “I was devastated I dropped the ball and failed to make the final. But winning a contract with Charlton will more than make up for it.”

Jeremy starred in last year’s movie documentary In The Hands Of The Gods — about five freestylers going in search of legendary player Diego Maradona.

Hmmmmmm.............Let's hope he's back more talent then just some tricks
    Nudge nudge...
  • Scottish singer Andrew Muir