Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Tom Rubashow - New CAFC Head of Comms

Comments

• boggzy said:

God that woman's poison

Hate her with her fibre in my body
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

For the past three years many of you have been moaning at how crap the communication from the club has been, even I'll concede it has been poor. So now RD has hopefully seen the light (and yes, that could well be down to the protests of last year) and employed someone with undoubted pedigree. What he is being paid is immaterial to the likes of you and I, it is RD that is funding it.

He has made changes to the footballing side in players and managers and appears to want to get the club back to the Championship as soon as possible. Slade didn't cut the mustard so he has moved swiftly to bring a young enthusiastic manager that hopefully can get us up. We will have to see in January, but it once again appears that KR will be backed in the transfer market.

Improvements have been made, but it seems at the moment he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

What improvements have been made?

British "manager" Slade bringing in a new era as claimed by KM? Sacked.
    Slade had us languishing near the bottom of the table, sacked before the new window, new young and enthusiastic manager appointed - positive!

New head of comms? Had one of those but she walked out after 45 days when totally undermined by the {....} rant. Now replacing her 9 months later after paying huge amounts to an PR agency and a consultant. Improvement in communication seen??????
    Brought in new staff with pedigree - positive

league position? Relegated and mid-table in league 1
    Two points behind play off spot with a game in hand!

Attendances? Way down
    If KR gets us challenging for promotion attendances will improve

Commercial income? Way down?
    As above

Thomas Driesen still involved in picking players? yes
    Part of the scouting team maybe, picking the players - No

Sorry, them saying they've learnt from mistakes and them actually doing anything better is not the same thing.

Doesn't appear to me to be the same thing at all!
    So are you saying that "a corner has been turned" in the last few weeks (Rubashow and Robinsons and a few decent results) and everything is going to improve from November 2016 onwards? but the previous corners that have been turned over the last few years were false dawns or failures?

I'm really not trying to horrible but is this how you see it, or how do you see the preceding two years? What/who is at fault for the club being relegated and paying the wages of Tony Watt, Naby Sarr, Igor Vetokele etc.?
    Of course, I do not have a crystal ball, but as I have for all of my life supporting Charlton, I live in hope and as I see it at the moment, improvements have been put in place to support that.

The preceding two years were not great at all, RD came with a plan to make us part of his network, which at the time, I thought could be interesting, unfortunately for us, the quality required to complete in the Championship was hugely underestimated and his plan failed. Although it has taken time for him to see what is required at the English level of football, it appears that from this season he has attempted to put that right.

Successful business men will not want to fail, and there is no denying that RD is a successful businessman. If he wants to spend his money on changing things, however expensive, to put that right, then why not?

What are we going to do then, spend the rest of our lives whinging and moaning about the first two wasted years under RD or embrace the changes of this season? I know what camp I am in!
  • KR yet to be manager for a league game. Arguably, the Slade/Nugent combo had turned things around, Swindon excepted. And that was probably the players reacting to the knowledge that Slade was on his way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

For the past three years many of you have been moaning at how crap the communication from the club has been, even I'll concede it has been poor. So now RD has hopefully seen the light (and yes, that could well be down to the protests of last year) and employed someone with undoubted pedigree. What he is being paid is immaterial to the likes of you and I, it is RD that is funding it.

He has made changes to the footballing side in players and managers and appears to want to get the club back to the Championship as soon as possible. Slade didn't cut the mustard so he has moved swiftly to bring a young enthusiastic manager that hopefully can get us up. We will have to see in January, but it once again appears that KR will be backed in the transfer market.

Improvements have been made, but it seems at the moment he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

What improvements have been made?

British "manager" Slade bringing in a new era as claimed by KM? Sacked.
    Slade had us languishing near the bottom of the table, sacked before the new window, new young and enthusiastic manager appointed - positive!

New head of comms? Had one of those but she walked out after 45 days when totally undermined by the {....} rant. Now replacing her 9 months later after paying huge amounts to an PR agency and a consultant. Improvement in communication seen??????
    Brought in new staff with pedigree - positive

league position? Relegated and mid-table in league 1
    Two points behind play off spot with a game in hand!

Attendances? Way down
    If KR gets us challenging for promotion attendances will improve

Commercial income? Way down?
    As above

Thomas Driesen still involved in picking players? yes
    Part of the scouting team maybe, picking the players - No

Sorry, them saying they've learnt from mistakes and them actually doing anything better is not the same thing.

Doesn't appear to me to be the same thing at all!
    So are you saying that "a corner has been turned" in the last few weeks (Rubashow and Robinsons and a few decent results) and everything is going to improve from November 2016 onwards? but the previous corners that have been turned over the last few years were false dawns or failures?

I'm really not trying to horrible but is this how you see it, or how do you see the preceding two years? What/who is at fault for the club being relegated and paying the wages of Tony Watt, Naby Sarr, Igor Vetokele etc.?
    Of course, I do not have a crystal ball, but as I have for all of my life supporting Charlton, I live in hope and as I see it at the moment, improvements have been put in place to support that.

The preceding two years were not great at all, RD came with a plan to make us part of his network, which at the time, I thought could be interesting, unfortunately for us, the quality required to complete in the Championship was hugely underestimated and his plan failed. Although it has taken time for him to see what is required at the English level of football, it appears that from this season he has attempted to put that right.

Successful business men will not want to fail, and there is no denying that RD is a successful businessman. If he wants to spend his money on changing things, however expensive, to put that right, then why not?

What are we going to do then, spend the rest of our lives whinging and moaning about the first two wasted years under RD or embrace the changes of this season? I know what camp I am in!
    Thanks for the polite response, a rare thing on here sometimes.

I'm with you to a degree... everytime they make a change i hope... and hope, but so far it has been really disappointing. I thought the network idea was interesting too, and the notion of break-even was comforting, but they have failed, and failed, and failed. On top of the failure, they have lied and disrespected us.

I hope you are correct and they can turn it around but the evidence of the past two years doesn't make hopeful.
  • Essex_Al said:

I completely agree that it 'should' be an improvement on the communication side of things, lets face it, it can't be any worse. However the cost should bother us if it's another debt that RD is loading onto the club and will eventually want back.

However, how can you possibly think that the changes to the footballing side in players is an improvement? Look at the players we had (the likes of Morrison, Stephens, Kermorgant, Cousins, JBG) who've all been let go yet would all quite likely still be with us if we were a solid top half championship side with ambition.

And i agree with you that Robinson is an improvement on Slade, but aside from giving us a new pitch, i'm struggling to think of any more improvements that they've made during their time.

You're obviously a fan of many years, so i'm genuinely keen to know what improvements you think they've made from the day they walked in the building to now?
  • I have no way of doing it, and I write this based on what I have been told, but I wonder how the costs of the communications and consultants are measured against player wages. I am thinking particularly about Dillon Phillips.
  • All of these new comms guys and yet comms is still poor.......

I wonder why that is..??
  • cafc999 said:

All of these new comms guys and yet comms is still poor.......

I wonder why that is..??

My mum often said to me as a kid "If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all..."
  • So, this despicable regime that doesn't engage in meaningful dialogue with fans and has been caught with it's trousers down on an uncountable number of occasions, has employed the services of some expensive spin men. Do you know what I'm expecting now? An altogether better quality of lie.
  • edited December 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Was the appointment of Slade a "mistake" and if so who made it and why?

Thanks in anticipation.
  • I'm expecting the same quality of low but slightly better written.

Probably in words I don't understand.

No, that's not true, I will understand the meaning of each word, but not the sentence that has been constructed from them.

'The club has embarked on a meaningful discovery of past mistakes and plans to issue guidelines internally to ensure these mistakes never happen again. Fans can rest assured we are looking into it'

(PM me if Tom doesn't do it for you KM/TK)
  • DA9 said:

I wonder if KR knows there is a tunnel cam?

As I said yesterday, reminds me of David Brent :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Club still working with Pitch even though we have poached one of their staff? Maybe we had to pay a transfer fee or he's not very good and they were happy for him to leave.

anyone got a link to this video?

Here you go:
    He's a bit touchy feely our Robbo, isn't he.
    Thought he was going to give KP a frenchy.
    Wonder what he said to the liar to make her piss herself ? brace yourself this is Naby Sarrs replacement
  • The fact that the new Head of Comms refuses to accept invitations on social media such as Twitter and LinkedIn does not exactly make me feel optimistic that he will be 'communicating'.
  • stonemuse said:

The fact that the new Head of Comms refuses to accept invitations on social media such as Twitter and LinkedIn does not exactly make me feel optimistic that he will be 'communicating'.

Just to add, Mel Baroni did so even before she had actually started in anticipation of connecting with the fan base.
  • Essex_Al said:

Thanks in anticipation.
    Actually, I think the appointment of Slade was a reasonable one at the time even though I personally was underwhelmed. What Slade did do was make a lot of changes at the training ground, identified glaring errors in summer training schedules and rehab schedules. He made the players wear club suits to matches, a small thing but all about bringing some pride back to the side. So as KR has already stated, the basics of the club were set up and in place and that was down to Slade.

Where he let himself down was unfortunately on the pitch, too many draws which highlighted his negativity and probably the reason he has never had a promoted side. It may have been harsh on him to be let go, but I really think RD wants success this season, hence KR's appointment.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Thanks in anticipation.
    Actually, I think the appointment of Slade was a reasonable one at the time even though I personally was underwhelmed. What Slade did do was make a lot of changes at the training ground, identified glaring errors in summer training schedules and rehab schedules. He made the players wear club suits to matches, a small thing but all about bringing some pride back to the side. So as KR has already stated, the basics of the club were set up and in place and that was down to Slade.

Where he let himself down was unfortunately on the pitch, too many draws which highlighted his negativity and probably the reason he has never had a promoted side. It may have been harsh on him to be let go, but I really think RD wants success this season, hence KR's appointment.
    I think you are right on Slade but I feel, that Duchatelet not only wanted us higher in the table but wanted O'Loughlin on the staff.

Slade said no and as soon as we lost a game he was gone.

• Essex_Al said:

Thanks in anticipation.
  • Lets just give a chance to KR and not continually knock the club at every opportunity
  • Quite touching to see how enthusiastic KR is at the moment - like an overexcited puppy. Whether that will be still be the case in 15 games time and after the January window only time will tell. RD's ambitions for this year will be plain to see if we can keep hold of our best players in January.
  • Lets just give a chance to KR and not continually knock the club at every opportunity

We are giving KR a chance

I don't knock the club at every opportunity because I'm a fan and the fans are the club.