Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best places to eat in SE London

Would recommend the Golden Chippy on Greenwich High Road for some superb fish and chips. Went there the other day after reading reviews on Trip Advisor - definitely worth a visit. Doesn't look much from the outside(have driven past it for years) but the food wont disappoint.

Comments

• Not in SE London but had lunch in The Lady Luck in Canterbury on Monday.
    Only found it as I was looking for somewhere to go with my daughter who is a vegan and normally has little or no choice. It was good pub grub with loads of vegan options and I am reliably informed that the vegan chocolate brownie with dairy free ice cream was to die for.
  • For a laid back but nice meal, I always liked the Fire Station on Waterloo Rd near London Bridge.
  • Shish Co takeaway in Bromley.

Easily the best kebabs I have heard from a straightforward takeaway gaff.
  • Cau - blackheath
    Ferraris - bexley
    Chez Pascal - sidcup

Good to see this place being promoted. What they are doing for the homeless / elderly at Christmas is great
  • Reginella's, Italian restaurant at the bottom of Vanbrugh Hill on the Woolwich Rd, superb, real local gem, service occasionally a bit 'slow' but the food more than makes it worthwhile....

Always been closed when I've attempted to go in there
  • Sponsored links:

• Coach House at Ruxley manor
  • RG's restaurant, Rowhill Grange
  • Zero Degrees obv

Lucked out massively with Cinquanta in Sidcup a while ago. So good I returned with my parents a few weeks later. Best Italian food I've had in London more or less
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Lucked out massively with Cinquanta in Sidcup a while ago. So good I returned with my parents a few weeks later. Best Italian food I've had in London more or less

Zero Degrees actually any good mate? Our work Christmas meal is there this year - hoping there's a decent bar more than anything.
  • Oh, and The Blue Nile! Famously topped Tripadvisor's London charts at one point. A really great dining experience. Woolwich at its finest
  • Pizzeria Italiana in Catford.

Located near to where the Catford Gun Shop used to be at the bottom of the tower block on the one way system.

Been there for years. Family run and very reasonable prices. The menu is extensive and the service great.
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Zero Degrees actually any good mate? Our work Christmas meal is there this year - hoping there's a decent bar more than anything.
    They do some of the best pizzas you can get in this country, and the beer they brew is actually really tasty so you've lucked out
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

They do some of the best pizzas you can get in this country, and the beer they brew is actually really tasty so you've lucked out
    A ringing endorsement then, lovely!
  • Greenie said:

My brothers house in Hurst Road, Sidcup, he's a real fat bastard and always has loads of food and beer.

I think I've been there, I highly recommend the Griddled fillet of seabass with braised Jerusalem artichokes, wild mushrooms, parsley purée, red wine and Port jus.
    Ha - just dont queue up BEHIND my brother and you'll be fine.....!
  • Sponsored links:

• As for Charlton itself, I feel that Kasturi has toppled Cattleya for number one now (Valley Cafe aside)
  • Disappointed with the menu st Katsuri. Taken off my 15 year favourite Nepali murg.

Anyway the Green Pea cafe next to Hardys topped Trip Advisor as one of best London restaurant. It means nowt.
  • The Green pea serves good food, it's run by an Irish fella called Tom, He Used to have a cafe on Grenwich south street about 20 years ago.
  • Assos . Crayford high street
  • Meze Mangal on Lewisham road.

Buenos Aires in Blackheath. (Cau good too!)

Melluci in Bexley is good.

Maggie's in Lewisham is a good cafe.

Think the restaurants are generally of a very poor and bland standard in SE London.
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Foodie
  • Arment's Pie & Mash, Westmoreland Road, Walworth
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Foodie
    What on earth are you talking about young man?