Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR view on matches being moved for Sky TV

Comments

• Brilliant article. Really enjoyed reading that.
  • One day SKY will understand that the match they show is actually far better viewing when there's a full house of fans cheering the players on. Night games for live non-PL fixtures should primarily be derbies to make the journey easier for away fans and the match ticket price should be heavily subsidised to encourage attendance. There should be financial penalties for clubs that can't get a 75% attendance for a live TV match.
  • Excellent read
  • This a wonderfully composed thought provoking article. Have Sky answered the questions asked yet?
  • Great article and very well written. There surely has to be a top end price before people stop subscribing. Also Sky should pay more attention to articles like this because it's for the good of sport, which everyone cares about.
  • Very good. Not enough fans care like he does though. Including Charlton fans.

Probably the most stonkingly ridiculous timing for a Charlton game in recent years was Orient away at 1.25 on New Years Eve. Hardly a murmur of dissent on here. Heaven knows what the viewing figures were.
  • There should be financial penalties for clubs that can't get a 75% attendance for a live TV match.

We'd struggle to get 7.5%!

Probably the most stonkingly ridiculous timing for a Charlton game in recent years was Orient away at 1.25 on New Years Eve. Hardly a murmur of dissent on here. Heaven knows what the viewing figures were.

Sheffield United away in the cup 2014 was worse. First train from London got to Sheffield 20 minutes after kick off if I remember rightly.

Ridiculous that sky made it a Sunday midday kick off.

• Fans who can't get to away matches, fans who can't use their season tickets.
    Clubs, pubs and businesses who depend on a Saturday crowd for their survival.

Every supporter who cares about their club needs to read that article.
    And so do Sky.

• "And thirdly because we like watching it. It’s fantastic that somebody is paying such attention, offering such coverage, to our divisions. "

Would probably knock the 's' off of divisions - no proper highlights programme for Leagues One and Two and no live League Two football shown so far this season (as far as I'm aware).
  • Sponsored links:

was worse than that - 5.20pm on New Year's Eve 2011. Was a terrible match too.
  • Brilliant article.

My favourite line is "I think you know you've paid too much for Thierry Henry to say not very much at all". He nailed the pundits.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2016
    Very well written & enjoyable article. Thanks @Algarveaddick for posting that up. It's a very well observed article.
  • fantastic article
  • Superb.

I've never had it (Sky) personally though for these exact reasons.
  • Brilliant.