Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Back to the Valley Day

Comments

• How time flies by.
  • This day, 23 years ago, is one of the clearest memories I have. Such excitement and anticipation about going Back to The Valley again. Wonderful day.
  • We lived just off Victoria way and such was the excitement we walked to the Woolwich Town Hall just to join the march "Back to The Valley"
  • T.C.E said:

Just as I read this an old favourite came on the radio sung by Smokie. ;)

Living next door to Alice:

I don't know why she's lying
    Or when she's gonna go,
    I guess she's got her reasons,
    But I just don't want to know,
    'Cos twenty-three years ago
    We shared a ground with palace,
    (palace, palace who the f***. Are palace)

Is the first bit about Katrien??
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks for the reminder Henry. A date that strikes at the very heart of every Charlton fan. I was lucky to be at the first home match against Portsmouth and had tears in my eyes just to be back.
  • Happy 5th December everyone!
  • Happy Back to the Valley Day everyone :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy Back to the Valley Day from me too.
  • T.C.E said:

Just as I read this an old favourite came on the radio sung by Smokie. ;)

Living next door to Alice:

I don't know why she's lying
    Or when she's gonna go,
    I guess she's got her reasons,
    But I just don't want to know,
    'Cos twenty-three years ago
    We shared a ground with palace,
    (palace, palace who the f***. Are palace)

Is the first bit about Katrien??
    Not at all, I copied and pasted the lyrics and that's how it appeared, M'lud.
  • A truly great day, we became a club again
  • Oh well, thought it was going to be for a while...
  • LoOkOuT said:

Happy 5th December.

Roland can't take that away from us.

Too right mate
  • 5th December is every Charlton fans 25th December

After the game

In the Oak before the game
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    I'm definitely losing it, woke up thinking 5th December why does this ring a bell, family birthday? No can't remember, then I go and write Gomez instead of Konsa on the post match thread.............MATRON, bring me more tablets please :smiley: .

Happy anniversary everybody, no party today but we will make up for it big time when the circus leaves town!
  • My old man on the tele! Still can feel them butterflies as we walked back in!
  • Let's hope we (fans) can have a proper celebration for the 25th Anniversary, and this current lot (SMT) will be just a distant, if unpleasant, memory.
  • Amen to that.
  • Working in Amsterdam this week and today is Sinterklaas which is the Dutch version of Christmas (or something like that) - so I'll pretend I'm celebrating Sinterklaas this evening with my colleagues but really that mulled wine will be toasting Back to the Valley Day !
  • Dear [ @Anna_Kissed ]

We’d like to wish you a massive happy birthday from all the Addicks players, coaches and staff!
    To help you celebrate your birthday, we are delighted to offer you up to 4 Silver Match tickets for just £10 each (£5 each for concessions)* in the West Lower Stand, to enjoy with friends or family within your birthday month.
    To take advantage of this great offer please call the ticket office on 03330 14 44 44 and quote 110210 - your Client Reference number.
    We hope you enjoy the big day, all your celebrations and we look forward to seeing you at The Valley soon!
    Charlton Athletic Football Club

Thank you. I wish that I felt able to accept. Sadly, I feel that I cannot, as I view the club as being distant and unrecognisable. It hurts to say this, but there we are. I look forward to better times.

Wicked. Mine is July. Oh.
  • So we're clients now, are we?