Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Smoke bombs

Does anyone believe throwing these on the pitch help the situation? The one thrown on after we equalised left me somewhat dumbfounded. I support the CARD protests but I wonder if the individual who threw that would find his actions endorsed by them?

Comments

• Don't forget Sheff United threw one on after they scored too.
  • Katrien: They still want you to sell up, are you going to?
    Roland: No way, never, you know I don't do failure.
    Katrien: Right ok. Now someone's thrown a smoke bomb onto the pitch.
    Roland: What? Ok ok, fair enough, I know when I'm not wanted, time to sell up.
  • It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.
  • Nothing to do with CARD. I think they're decent.
  • I tend to agree that it wasn't likely to be a CARD tactic but what with the bottle throwing incident last season and some of the antics after the Gillingham game, I feel saddened that there are such morons who tag onto our club and diminish the reputation. Let's leave that behaviour to the neighbours at the toolbox.
  • Was it just a joke shop style smoke bomb?

If so I don't see a problem and the fact it was saved till we scored suggests to me that it wasn't a form of protest, card endorsed or otherwise
  • Sponsored links:

• I tend to agree that it wasn't likely to be a CARD tactic but what with the bottle throwing incident last season and some of the antics after the Gillingham game, I feel saddened that there are such morons who tag onto our club and diminish the reputation. Let's leave that behaviour to the neighbours at the toolbox.

Ooh aren't we superior!

No need to bring them into it then imo.
  • Too easy to blame everything on CARD. Can't imagine this was any part of anything organised 'officially'
  • F*c* me! Precious you lot.
    Ever been to the San siro ???

So why mention them at all then ? May as well say would it be endorsed by AP McCoy or Honey G. Just as irrelevant.
  • Can't believe people are having a pop at card factory, quality birthday cards under a quid!
  • It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.

Not so funny if it doesn't reach the pitch and hits someone in the covered end instead.
  • Missed It said:

It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.

Not so funny if it doesn't reach the pitch and hits someone in the covered end instead.
    How many have done that?

• Sponsored links:

So why mention them at all then ? May as well say would it be endorsed by AP McCoy or Honey G. Just as irrelevant.
    Because he clearly supports the regime and wants to associate the main body that undermines them with some poor behaviour.
  • se9addick said:

I tend to agree that it wasn't likely to be a CARD tactic but what with the bottle throwing incident last season and some of the antics after the Gillingham game, I feel saddened that there are such morons who tag onto our club and diminish the reputation. Let's leave that behaviour to the neighbours at the toolbox.

Because he clearly supports the regime and wants to associate the main body that undermines them with some poor behaviour.
    That'll be it !
  • Addickted said:

Missed It said:

It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.

How many have done that?

None... yet. Do I have to rely on a moron's arm to avoid catching fire? I've been hit by enough spongy footballs, pigs and taxis thrown from the top deck by biffs who never made it on to the cricket team!
  • Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

How many have done that?

None... yet. Do I have to rely on a moron's arm to avoid catching fire? I've been hit by enough spongy footballs, pigs and taxis thrown from the top deck by biffs who never made it on to the cricket team!
    easy mate, we're all charlton fans no need to get so personal!
  • Nothing to do with my cricket or dubious football skills. I was in Afghanistan when we got relegated in 2008/9, missed the whole thing. Got back in time for the last game of the season when we played like Brazil and absolutely smashed Norwich.
  • FFS it's a bit of red smoke. Why do people feel the need to bring up such insignificant things when you there's so much more to be worried about. Please never go watch a game on the continent.

Affects my asthma
  • edited November 2016
    I just have a healthy respect for pyrotechnics. They're not as harmless as people think, especially when people are careless or chucking them about.
  • But no pyrotechnics were thrown on the pitch today.

Please tell me you weren't in REME.