Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: protests will go ahead against Sheffield United (26/11/16) regardless of management situation

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler - just incase you're being serious:

"The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet - an umbrella for Charlton supporters' groups campaigning to rid owner Duchatelet from our club"
  • Options

I no longer go to the Valley also I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time for geographical reasons. According to this site about 5k still do go and they deserve respect as fellow Charlton fans. There are many ways that CARD can protest and stopping the game has been done and done well. It is now time to find other forms of protest and allow those who do attend to "enjoy" their match

One more thing, I never want Charlton to loose whoever the owner may be and I do find it difficult to understand those of you who don't care about the results of our club, but each to their own.

Post of the week!
  • Options

I no longer go to the Valley also I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time for geographical reasons. According to this site about 5k still do go and they deserve respect as fellow Charlton fans. There are many ways that CARD can protest and stopping the game has been done and done well. It is now time to find other forms of protest and allow those who do attend to "enjoy" their match

One more thing, I never want Charlton to loose whoever the owner may be and I do find it difficult to understand those of you who don't care about the results of our club, but each to their own.

I agree I have joined in with the protests and think they have been well thought out and delivered. I do think now they need to be outside the ground or before and after the game and we need to start to rebuild the match atmosphere. Take Leeds as an example they never stopped supporting the team during the games and slowly slowly they are winning their club back. We need to do the same
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Post of the week!
    What would those other forms of protest enatil then, any ideas? Oh that's right you don't agree with any of them do you. Quite happy with the way the club is progressing? Happy that crowds are disappearing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Post of the week!
    seconded .. I am travelling a long way to see the Blades match this Saturday .. I'd like to watch this very important game uninterrupted by any 'disruptions' other than chants and banners
    I am sure that the thousands of protesters will resect your request lincs.
  • Options

Yeah let's have 3 or 4 hold ups.Lets see if we can get a Points deduction.FFS.I want the regime out as well - but the team comes first .Great job what CARD did in Belgium and more of the same really brings it home to him.Stopping a game he probably is not watching won't!

The hold ups may not have been seen by Roland but he will certainly have heard about it. My friends in America and Australia have heard about it through social media such as Twitter. None of them support Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I completely disagree.
    If you think that there are many ways that CARD can protest, other than stopping the game and still be as effective in the eyes of the wider world, then please contact CARD with your suggestions.
    I personally think that every one of the protests that have resulted in match stoppages have been a success and I hope that there will be more to come.
    I do respect those fans that still go, my brother is one of them, but I cannot bring myself to give money to the regime (other than the Coventry game, when CARD asked boycotters to attend).
    With regard to never wanting Charlton to lose then I have to say, as much as it hurts me, that I do. As long as we do not get relegated (that would just hurt too much) then I am happy to see us lose matches (except Millwall!). I really don't want Meire or Duchatelet presiding over a promotion, because we would never hear the last of how his lordship's vision is working and we would never be rid of them (I don't accept that he is more likely to sell if we are a Championship club).
    Did you just climb into my head and read my mind?