Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sonos Discount - 15%

I know that there are a few people on here who have Sonos gear. I am able to get 15% off their stuff at at the moment. If anyone is interested then please inbox me.

Comments

• Anyone got the inside track on why they haven't done a portable one yet?
  • edited November 2016

Anyone got the inside track on why they haven't done a portable one yet?

I think the problem is that it runs off or creates its own wireless network from a router.
    Not sure if Sonos want to go down the Bluetooth route.
    l've got 4 play1 around the house ( one in the garden during the summer) running off a boost. I've been meaning it get the soundbar, just the thought of £500+ puts me off.
  • Anyone got the inside track on why they haven't done a portable one yet?

I think the problem is that it runs off or creates its own wireless network from a router.
    Not sure if Sonos want to go down the Bluetooth route.
    l've got 4 play1 around the house ( one in the garden during the summer) running off a boost. I've been meaning it get the soundbar, just the thought of £500+ puts me off.
    They're have done firmware updates on Sonos hardware, so bridges are not always necessary.

The reason they have never done and probably never will do a portable Sonos speaker is because they are very much about 'in home listening'. It's part of their USP.
  • Nearly messaged you for a sub but checked my bank balance. Next time...
  • Check your inbox, I'm after a playbar
  • Highly recommend the playbar. Does anyone have the sub? Worth the money?

I've spent a lot of time reading reviews but never quite pressing the purchase button. They are uniformly good but I expect it really depends on the size of your room, the music you play, how loud you play it etc as to whether it's worth it.

Soundbar plus 2 x play 1s plus a sub would make an awesome home cinema combo

I've got the sub, very well mate and heavy duty. The sub and the playbar are my favourite combo.
  • Bloody great bit of kit, teamed with a streaming subscription it's been a life changer on the music front.
  • It has come in a bit better than 15%.

Playbar £500
    Sub £500
    Play 1 £140
    Play 3 £220
    Play 5 £360
    Connect £240
    Connect:Amp £340
  • Sponsored links:

• Spotify and Sonos combined are bloody awesome - I've got a couple of Play 3's and a Play 1 and the sound quality is great, the build quality excellent and the ease of use make it perfect - if a little costly
  • Swisdom said:

Spotify and Sonos combined are bloody awesome - I've got a couple of Play 3's and a Play 1 and the sound quality is great, the build quality excellent and the ease of use make it perfect - if a little costly

Agreed, I have two play ones and boy I love them. Keep eyeing up the soundbar, tempted but I have other priorities right now.

Now that you can use Spotify directly with your Sonos (Beta) which is a great add-on, so you don't have to use the Sonos app. Also means any Spotify off-line tracks you have play immediately without having to buffer if you have slow speeds like me.
  • Yes, Sonos Play 5 and Spotify make an awesome combination but . . . one evening we heard a crash and it went very quiet . . . discovered that the Sonos speaker had shaken itself of the (quite wide) window ledge, bounced off the cupboard underneath and was face down on the carpet! (Missus take note)

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Wedge something solid underneath the front of the Sonos so it can't shake itself off
    2 Sonos need to redesign
  • The Flexson Sonos play 1 bracket normally £25 each are now available on Amazon for £20 a pair.
  • edited February 2017
    Big price increase for all Sonos products.

Our prices are defined regionally. In the UK, this includes local taxation and import duties, but we pay for everything we make in US dollars.

Over recent months, there has been a significant change on the US Dollar to GBP exchange rate. As a result, our existing pricing has become unsustainable and, like many other companies, we have to increase prices for all products priced in GBP.

Soundbar now £699.
  • 30% off upgraded speakers (you keep your original speaker) Era 300 in a pair reduced to £628.