Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney raring to go

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32512&newstype=p

..its just like having a new signing, right gang?

Comments

• good to see that he's psyched up already
  • he'll be off then
  • u cynical lot.

:D
  • I like Luke, and i hope he gets a lot more action this season. He was brought on too late and used far too sparingly considering he often looked the one most likely to make something happen.
  • I'm sure Luke is raring to go but we have a lot of competition in the striker department.

Good luck Luke.
  • Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Hate articles like this, stop the hype and promises, wait until August 9th and let your football do the talking. Got sick & tired of reading in last seasons programmes this player & that player saying we will be fine and blah blah blah blah, I'm sure we will kick on this season, blah blah blah, all we need is a bit of luck blah blah blah, we have a good squad blah blah blah, we have a lot of talent blah blah blah.
    I'm sure if someone can be bothered to trawl the OS site we would find an identikit article from Varney & others this time last season, sorry but it pisses me off, taking me and others for mug punters, deal with the facts, dont waffle.
  • varney's gonna be top scorer next season for us and the league confident of it.
  • I agree with DA9, its the same old chit chat every season either current or new players.
    Its all very scripted for us fans feel good factor
  • Better than than saying, "I agree with the fans, we're crap and how they were persuaded by crewe to pay that amount of money ROFL, and you should see my pay packet, what do I care"

But you are right it is all bs but if nothing goes on the oS then we complain.
  • Its kind of silly season stuff, wish Luke all the best though, I think he's got big potential hope he can impress this season
  • Sponsored links:

• So Varney is raring to go...another slow news day at the Valley.
  • come on what else they got to print, its just the preseason build up.

Let's all put our cynical hats away till the season begins in earnest?
  • Yeah come on Guys lets not moan before a Ball has been kicked I am sure after we have not won the first game 5-0 everyone will be on here whining straight away :-)
  • I'm a bit annoyed i havent got my season ticket yet.

What the hell are they doing down there?
  • i thought this was going to be about Peter!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i thought this was going to be about Peter!
    You should get him to come along as a punter to City Addicks for him to grill Steve Waggott with some really hard questions. He could wear a comedy disguise to hide his identity.
  • I thought PV was hand holding for a while, perhaps he will be there...???
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Its kind of silly season stuff, wish Luke all the best though, I think he's got big potential hope he can impress this season

Got nothing against him, I rate him personally, but please any club officials reading this, spare us the patronising shoot magazine style garbage.

How about some articles on what the players do during the summer, a blog on a few chosen players, thoroughly enjoyed Parkeys blogs last pre-season, some of the best stuff I have seen on the OS.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I thought PV was hand holding for a while, perhaps he will be there...???

think the "hand holding" has been going on for the last few months. he finishes this week.
  • jeez its better than mistakenly catching items about the womens team and thinking they were about the mens aint it?
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah I wouldn't expect him to sit on the panel holding his hand, te he he he. Perhaps propping up the bar..
  • I really felt for him last season when he wasn't getting the run of games - of all our players I thought he looked the most 'up for it' and the one who had the ability to actually put the ball in the net....he had a directness about him when everyone else tried to keep going sideways...really hope that he a) plays much more next season and b) starts where he left off...
  • think the "hand holding" has been going on for the last few months

Is there something we should know? Can they perform civil partnerships in the Millenium suite?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Its kind of silly season stuff, wish Luke all the best though, I think he's got big potential hope he can impress this season[/quote]

Got nothing against him, I rate him personally, but please any club officials reading this, spare us the patronising shoot magazine style garbage.

How about some articles on what the players do during the summer, a blog on a few chosen players, thoroughly enjoyed Parkeys blogs last pre-season, some of the best stuff I have seen on the OS.[/quote]

Yeah that would be great

Meet a few of the lads after the final match went on a bender old Gray was of his face , Thomas lamped some bird in the club and big Chris could not get in as his pockets were full of weed.

Monday
    Sick as a dog stayed in Bed until 3 ordered Pizza and sent the mrs done the off licence for some Stella and 20 B&H

Tuesday
    me and the lads decided to invade Halfords flat as we heard he got his hands on some cheap coke, we all stopped off in Asda as beer was 3 for £20.00
    All of us were watsed so we will skip Weds
    Thursday

Decided to stay at home with the mrs and go dogging in the evening Pards told us about this great spot in the East side

Friday Pards was having a party so we all took Vodka and Charlie.

Some of the lads are no good on the pull so Pards laid on some hookers.
  • hmmm, have you got a good lawyer?

;)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]hmmm, have you got a good lawyer?

;)[/quote]

Nope as im sure its all true except Halfords place its a semi detached LOL and not a flat ;-)
  • Leftbehind, click on BBCode format comments before you post your quote.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Leftbehind, click on BBCode format comments before you post your quote.

like that
  • Indeed sir, much neater :-)
  • looks teh same to me my end maybe its my settings LOL