Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

edited November 2016 in General Charlton
Looking like this won't be as cut and dry as we originally thought with Adkins and Steve Evans now being mentioned as possibilities alongside O'Loughlin.
Thought it could be worth a thread of its own to bring them together.

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

Steve Evans? Oh, God.

He fits the Brussell mould though!!
  • Steve Evans? Then my Charlton will finally be truly dead and buried.
  • As already mentioned ... Steve Evans is apparently on his way to Mansfield
  • Oggy Red said:

Steve Evans? Oh, God.

He fits the Brussell mould though!!
    We'll run out of Buses if we have to keep throwing them under!!
  • I have heard that he will be sacked pretty sharpish...
  • Can anyone see that link? Not entirely sure how to link tweets but had a go.

Apparently in talks with us and them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Evans? Please God no !!
  • I heard O'Loughlin isn't likely - though he may join the coaching team

Really don't want Evans. With a passion.

If anyone wanted a sign of how low we have sunk under Meire and RD, it is that we are in a battle for a manager with Mansfield (no disrespect to them). And a battle we won't win.
  • Swisdom said:

I heard O'Loughlin isn't likely - though he may join the coaching team

I wouldnt mind so much if O'Loughlin joined the coaching team

He might be a good coach and if he can be mentored by an experienced Englishman it might not be a bad approach

Apparently in talks with us and them.
    Is this Keohane's doing? An inside job on behalf of his old catering employer?

Sales werent good enough to Slade, even with Perks on board.
  • edited November 2016
    Steve Evans would be a great signing for the SMT. Each of them would drop one level on the Charlton terrible person scale immediately
  • Big Sam is out of a job at the moment, since the FA sacked him
  • Sponsored links:

• this is more a wishful thinking thread than rumours .. so far ((:>)

Steve Evans .. confession time .. two seasons ago I went to a lot of games at Rotherham after they had been promoted to the Championship through the playoffs, ironically beating Slade's Orient at Wembley ..
    Evans managed the team to some good wins .. and the losses ? .. his sides NEVER give it up, probably they are too terrified of the 'big man' who incidentally has lost a lot of weight
    Evans is no fool and he stands absolutely no nonsense from his players .. he likes to play good football and has a record of finding and signing good players from the lower levels .. I wouldn't mind him at all at CAFC with two caveats ..
    1) His record with younger players is not especially good, he prefers to bring in experience, though Rotherham does not have a particularly strong youth development structure .. all the Yorkie good uns tend to go to the Sheffield clubs or Leeds
    2) Will the CAFC fans (other than me) take to him ? .. he's been a figure of fun and ridicule on here for ages

you forgot the fact he's a wrong 'un

• Swisdom said:

I heard O'Loughlin isn't likely - though he may join the coaching team

You then have a situation where the new manager (non network) has a coach forced upon him. I really don't know why they bother with all this bullshit. Just give it to Nobby - he's coming in at some point so just get it out the way.

Steve Evans .. confession time .. two seasons ago I went to a lot of games at Rotherham after they had been promoted to the Championship through the playoffs, ironically beating Slade's Orient at Wembley ..
    Evans managed the team to some good wins .. and the losses ? .. his sides NEVER give it up, probably they are too terrified of the 'big man' who incidentally has lost a lot of weight
    Evans is no fool and he stands absolutely no nonsense from his players .. he likes to play good football and has a record of finding and signing good players from the lower levels .. I wouldn't mind him at all at CAFC with two caveats ..
    1) His record with younger players is not especially good, he prefers to bring in experience, though Rotherham does not have a particularly strong youth development structure .. all the Yorkie good uns tend to go to the Sheffield clubs or Leeds
    2) Will the CAFC fans (other than me) take to him ? .. he's been a figure of fun and ridicule on here for ages

you forgot the fact he's a wrong 'un

he got caught .. I'm sure that others have got away with similar .. or worse .. If he could bring us success, I couldn't care less if he's done time for anything other than rape or unlawful killing

Yes, he doesn't stand any nonsense. Which is why he will never be joining Charlton, thankfully. Nonsense would be all he gets from Meire/Duchatalet day in and day out.
  • Missed It said:

this is more a wishful thinking thread than rumours .. so far ((:>)

Yes, he doesn't stand any nonsense. Which is why he will never be joining Charlton, thankfully. Nonsense would be all he gets from Meire/Duchatalet day in and day out.
    true .. he fell out big time with the Leeds 'regime'

I went to a fair few of his games at Leeds aswell.
    Was very impressed at the football he got them playing, especially compared to Rosler who had been there before.

Don't care for the man himself and I don't particularly want him to be the Charlton manager, especially when Adkins name has been floated about, but I don't think he's a bad manager necessarily.
  • Would rather Evans over O'Loughlin.