Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

edited August 2015 in Not Sports Related
What's the next big release that ticks those boxes that make you really enjoy a game.

Mine is Fallout 4

[ X ] Post apocalyptic
[ X ] Open World
[ X ] decent back story and acceptable storylines (normally)

[ X ] Very importantly - One man with one dog vs the world.

The fact I'm a big fan of Bethesda's console releases helps.

Close second is FIFA, it's a you know what you get game, slightly improved graphics... slightly better physics etc...

Comments

• Oh to add to Fallout

You don't get those annoying kids chatting crap on the headset, when they're too young to even be playing said game.
  • The last guardian. Not sure if I've mentioned that before...
  • Uncharted

THPS

assassins creed: Cockney Victorians edition
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • sam3110 said:

THPS

Star Wars Battlefront

These!
  • Star Wars Battlefront

Although gutted to learn it is only coming out on XboxOne and PS4!
  • Mainly Star Wars Battlefront tbh. I will get FIFA but I'm not excited about it.
  • No man's sky looks really interesting.
    I have been playing fallout since the 90's and I was crushed when the original fallout 3/van buren was cancelled and interplay went bust. This was before message boards and you had to rely on magazines for info and cheat codes. So glad Bethesda bought the rights to it, they did a bang up job of bringing it up to date 20 years later. Even loved the buggy mess that was New Vegas, as it was closer in feel to the originals.
    For anyone interested in the originals, Bethesda is going to release all the previous games together ( Fallout to New Vegas) for the PC in a funky looking mini nuke case for £40. If you enjoy a bit of retro RPG gaming, you can't go wrong.
  • Only 2 games I care about:

Football Manager
    Fallout
  • sam3110 said:

Uncharted

THPS

Assassins creed: Cockney Victorians edition

From the home of @creepyaddick

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

Star Wars Battlefront

Although gutted to learn it is only coming out on XboxOne and PS4!
    it is on PC too.

Long ass link
  • Candy Crush Saga!!
  • Candy Crush Saga!!

• I have 2 beta access codes from Ubisoft for the upcoming "Steep" winter sports game if anyone is interested?

The game is like a ps4 version of SSX, but the tricks are more realistic, like the Skate series.
  • Got skyrim remastered the other day, graphically stunning.
    Anyone know when Day Z is coming out on console?
  • Loving Modern Warfare Remastered.
  • I've just had the NES mini delivered.
  • Qbert on the C64.
  • WSS said:

I've just had the NES mini delivered.

I've asked for one of these from Santa

Such a shame you have to spend 65 quid to get it. I am not interested in infinite warfare...i would just buy modern warfare remastered though

• Sponsored links:

• Largely enjoying Gears of War 4 when I'm in the right mood, but the cut scenes are shit. They make the game feel like it's on rails and what you do between those cut scenes is incidental.

• WSS said:

I've just had the NES mini delivered.

Love this, just a shame the content is locked and there have been some licensing issues. Some glorious games missing and you think with the age, they should be freeware.
  • Got skyrim remastered the other day, graphically stunning.
    Anyone know when Day Z is coming out on console?

Really enjoyed getting back in to skyrim. Marvel at the world, mechanics and the 'Conan' soundtrack is still stunning. The storyline is just pants though and I have realised why I completely forgot it.

Such a shame you have to spend 65 quid to get it. I am not interested in infinite warfare...i would just buy modern warfare remastered though

I tried to be open minded with it, but Infinite Warfare is absolutely terrible.

I hate the way the franchise has gone but MWR is a complete blast from the past and, so far, well worth it.
  • I'm absolutely loving the new Doom on PS4.

Looking very forward to Resi Evil 7 when it comes out in January.
  • Battlefield one is different gravy.
  • Civ XI is pretty shit, thankfully I'm still hooked on Total War: Attila, so it's not all bad.
  • Currently playing Skyrim Remastered, FIFA 17, also trying to complete all the trophies on Hitman, which I have found to be super enjoyable. Haven't played No Man's Sky in a while will have to fire that up again soon, oh and also playing a lot of Madden and MLB The Show right now.

Looking forward to Watch Dogs 2, the first one sucked story wise but this one looks miles better
  • edited October 2017
    Come on FFVII Remake... I need you to wipe away the pile of shit that was FFXV.... I so looked forward to that game and you ruined it for me... Weak story, great gameplay - ZERO replay ability unlike all the previous games.

COD WW1 looks decent too.
    Anthem could be the destiny killer we keep hearing about.
    Shadow of War looks beautiful
    Days Gone another good looking one.

Any others?
  • After building myself a decent PC I've just purchased an Oculus Rift. Wasn't impressed when I looked at it a few years ago, but it's come on leaps and bounds since then.
    Got myself Star Trek:Bridge crew to play online with mates soon, should be a laugh. Also "obduction", from the creators of Myst and Riven to those gamers like me of a certain era, is looking amazing.