Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Bull (interest in an English club)

123457»

Comments

• The Valley will always be known as this whatever name change it would be given.

• RedChaser said:

Ha ha ha Tim Sherwood new Swindon manager is the breaking news.

Not even manager...
    Well he is in all but name.

Current Swindon head coach Luke Williams said that Sherwood will "head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team"

Sounds like a manager to me.
  • MrLargo said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Are there many examples of pre-existing stadiums that had their names changed, that we use the sponsored name for? It works on new stadium (The Reebok, The Emirates) but it doesn't really work on a stadium that was named 100 years ago.

Stoke.

Used to be the Britannia but it's now the bet365 stadium
    Exactly - I still call it the Britannia. Had no idea it had changed.
    And Dean Court is now called the Fitness First Stadium, but only by commentators and journalists (and I've heard them call it Dean Court by accident occasionally)
    Dean Court is called the Vitality Stadium by commentators these days. :wink:
  • I know it's nothing to do with sponsors but when did the Boleyn ground become Upton Park?
  • I see Brentford are changing there badge from next season. I wonder if there is a melt down on one of their forums on something that is actually happening instead of something that is just rumour
  • Would welcome investment, but no ground moves or name changes.
  • RedChaser said:

Ha ha ha Tim Sherwood new Swindon manager is the breaking news.

Not even manager...
    Well he is in all but name.

Current Swindon head coach Luke Williams said that Sherwood will "head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team"

Sounds like a manager to me.
    If he walks like a manager and talks like a manager, he IS a manager !

Quack quack !

• With the £ falling daily and staying down owning a UK club (or buying a UK club) will be a cheap option for European or global owners in the future.

Whatever Roland's losses are, they will be less in Euro terms as a result: therefore less reason for him to sell up, even if he were minded to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 British Pound =1.26 US Dollar/1.16 Euro (Therefore it is currently on the up again...
  • Redbull linked with a £200 million takeover of West Ham in today's paper

Would you have a link? Gullivan have valued the club in the books at 400m so they must be getting rattled if there is any truth at all in that. And the BBC will want to be all over it for the upcoming Inside Out programme, re what it means for the taxpayer.

I wouldn't rule this out at all as a story, but would like to see what the article really has.

Would you have a link? Gullivan have valued the club in the books at 400m so they must be getting rattled if there is any truth at all in that. And the BBC will want to be all over it for the upcoming Inside Out programme, re what it means for the taxpayer.

I wouldn't rule this out at all as a story, but would like to see what the article really has.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2474484/west-ham-200m-takeover-bid-by-red-bull/
  • Let's hope Gold & Sullivan fancy taking us on again!
    If only it wasn't W.Ham they picked lady time!

• edited December 2016
    Difficult one, wouldn't want to be rebranded but would take being in the same position as RB Leipzig. But to be honest if we still had PV as our owner and not RD then none of us would consider this
  • Red Bull East London Hammers...yeah..got a nice ring to it.
  • I'd take gold and sullivan.
  • Red bull irons.
  • Sponsored links:

• So David Gold says he is unaware of any communication, yet Sullivan's son says they turned down an offer. Mmmmmm, rather contradictory.
  • Not really West Ham anymore now they play in a new stadium in a different borough. Might as well go the full hog now they've sold out anyway! Stratford New Bulls!
  • Assuming Red Bull did buy a club here, would they be allowed to change the name of a club? You look at the problems the Hull owner had in trying to change the name would they have to do similar to what they did with Leipzig?
  • edited December 2016
    The only reason Gullivan were interested in us when Varney was touting us to them was the possibility to move us to the Peninsula, and make a quick buck that way. We have nothing to offer them now. In my view, mercifully.
  • Still possible Prague, never say never ;).

Although I would expect they would want to have flogged off London Stratford arenaand the Spammers to Red Bull first.
  • The only reason Gullivan were interested in us when Varney was touting us to them was the possibility to move us to the Peninsula, and make a quick buck that way. We have nothing to offer them now. In my view, mercifully.

He also used us to force the owners of WHU to sell to him.