Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BURGLED

edited November 2016 in Not Sports Related
Live Bexley near Three Blackbirds, popped out to get a Chinese tonight, and saw couple mates in pub opposite. So went in had a pint, then just over an hour later got home. Unlocked chub and Yale on front door. Walked in lounge and thought whys the TV that I had left on got no sound ? Then hold on stuff moved about. Then feck it iv been burgled, I'm 59 live alone never happened to me before. I'm a bit of a piggy bank man, had about 6 around the house, all smashed torn open and money gone about £600. Police really good, excellent pair of officers. Looks like came across gardens onto my flat roof and broke through window, then legged it out patio doors as I pulled up. I have baseball bat in bedroom, which had been moved to top of stairs, to bash me if I had came in ?
I'm a proper man, and can handle myself, but I was numb and helpless, had to go next door and ask for help. I will never again feel the same in my home.

I was and still may be in a state of shock, that this has happened to me.

But, if I find out who did this " I will make you f'ing pay" ! Petty crime ? Not when it's your house it isn't !

Comments

• W#nkers
  • Live Bexley near Three Blackbirds, popped out to get a Chinese tonight, and saw couple mates in pub opposite. So went in had a pint, then just over an hour later got home. Unlocked chub and Yale on front door. Walked in lounge and thought whys the TV that I had left on got no sound ? Then hold on stuff moved about. Then feck it iv been burgled, I'm 59 live alone never happened to me before. I'm a bit of a piggy bank man, had about 6 around the house, all smashed torn open and money gone about £600. Police really good, excellent pair of officers. Looks like came across gardens onto my flat roof and broke through window, then legged it out patio doors as I pulled up. I have baseball bat in bedroom, which had been moved to top of stairs, to bash me if I had came in ?
    I'm a proper man, and can handle myself, but I was numb and helpless, had to go next door and ask for help. I will never again feel the same in my home.

I was and still may be in a state of shock, that this has happened to me.

But, if I find out who did this " I will make you fucking pay" ! Petty crime ? Not when it's your house it isn't !

Sorry to read this.

The sense of violation is as bad if not worse than the loss of what's been stolen.

I hope you can recover from it soon.
  • Bloody hell, RM !

SO sorry to hear this. Hope they catch the buggers.

Only consolation is that you're OK & that you didn't disturb them when you came back.

Chin up, mate.
  • This is a dreadful thing to happen, i would be very nervous about things too.
    I hope you can get insurance help. cameras and signs might help in the future.
    Utter bastards.
  • That is just so shit.

Sorry to hear this.
  • Really sympathise. Got burgled twice in a short amount of time 16 yrs ago just after I moved into my new house. I live next to a path and neighbours only on one side. Hadn't got alarm fitted, but got a security fella in who sorted me out with a good system and changed all the locks to more robust ones. Haven't been broken into since, and the changes I had made reduced my home insurance bill. I'm assuming from what you wrote you don't have an alarm? If so, first thing you should think about for some peace of mind.
  • Sorry to hear about this RM, I hope they catch the bastard/s and just as importantly you are able to deal with intrusion into your home.
  • I live in a terraced property and to get in through the front is pretty hard. Always taken the view that no one is going to try to get in from the back and security there is not great.

Fuc***g arseholes.

Been burgled twice in a different house, it took a while to sort ourselves out and hope you get there.
  • Terrible news, hope you recover soon.
    Interesting that they burgled a house with a TV on - so they were either prepared to face the occupant or they knew the house was empty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear this, so so petty, they have a shit life and are wankers to be truthful.
  • edited November 2016
    Sorry to hear that. I had a couple of attempted break-ins a few years back, over the Christmas holiday period - I think it was actually a couple of teenage boys who came round "carol-singing" the first time.

It sounds like a distinct possibility that they knew you weren't in. Could they have watched you go out, or seen you in the pub and known where you lived, for example?
  • Got burgled 3 times in the space of 2 years a few years back, one took fuck all, was a drug user as a needle was found on the floor - only hope for them is that he/she overdosed, the other time completely cleared the house of all jewellery money anything of value, the 3rd time a neighbour actually caught them he's about 6ft 5 and a massive gym head, couple of pikeys they were about 13/14, they didn't actually take anything, as they were caught before doing anything. It's a horrible feeling that someone's been through your house, get an alarm fitted there not that costly and set it all the time, as some of them show a different light sequence when they are set even it's popping out for 5 mins set it, know a bloke local to the area if you want his number?.
  • Do you know if there have been any other break ins around your area reported? Seems a bit unlikely this was just a random break in, as you say you were only out for an hour and the tv was left on.

Not very nice to know but they must've been watching your place and seen you leave. But then why watch your place and not anyone elses? Have you had any work done on your house recently or even just had people round to quote, where they would've known you had all those piggy banks lying around?
  • I hope you get things sorted mate. Not sure how proactive police are at going after these c*nts.

Have you had the fingerprint/DNA people round?
  • Scumbags.
  • Dirty little bastards, hope they're fingers fall off and contract a horrible itching disease. Hope you get back to normal soon
  • edited November 2016
    sorry to hear this RalphMilne, Burglars are the lowest scum.

We got burgled about 5 years ago whilst we were on holiday, had a phone call from neighbour the day before we were due to come home. They took quite a few grands worth of bits and pieces but nothing that couldn't be replaced, but what proper got to me was the absolute mess they'd made trashing my kids bedrooms.

Luckily I knew about it before we'd arrived back and we were able to drop the kids off with family and go home and sort out a bit first so that they never knew it happened, I just had to explain where the playstation and TV had got to and made up a story !!!

We subsequently got a new alarm and 'touch wood' haven't been hit since.

I'd definitely advise some sort of security lighting that automatically comes on when approaching the house.

Hope they catch the w*nkers
  • Sorry to hear that Ralph. There are some real oxygen thiefs out there. I hope you gain some equilibrium soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really sorry. One thing I can add to others is that the cost of security cameras has been going ina favourable direction last few years. Cost coming down, quality improving. Had them fitted last autumn, four different HD cameras £1500 all in (somewhat lower labour costs here, but the hardware costs similar now across EU). You could just fit dummies as a deterrent, but when the real thing is so much cheaper than before, think it's false economy...mine give off an infra-red glow when they inspect you at night, it is nicely intimidating. If you go down that route, I can ask my installer for advice about the hardware. He's a top guy who has the country's richest oligarch as a client.
  • Do you know if there have been any other break ins around your area reported? Seems a bit unlikely this was just a random break in, as you say you were only out for an hour and the tv was left on.

Not very nice to know but they must've been watching your place and seen you leave. But then why watch your place and not anyone elses? Have you had any work done on your house recently or even just had people round to quote, where they would've known you had all those piggy banks lying around?

Can't imagine why this post attracted an LOL....seems pretty sensible comment to me
  • the dummy cameras you can also get with a battery led that emits a red light, so do look the real mccoy, easy to fit 3 screws and some plugs.
  • F***ing pond life scum.

Stay strong RM, you'll be fine.
  • Sorry to hear this RM. Happened to me a few years back now but still haunts me. Your home should be your safe comfortable place. See if you can borrow one of TCE's mutts for a week, should do the job :)
  • edited November 2016
    The thing that gets me the most is they took the baseball bat ready to use It. The cheek of breaking into someone's house and going through and taking hard earned and personal belongings is bad enough but to then use severe physical false (if caught) is disgusting.

I hope that they get caught, locked in an air tight room and have the plague pumped in.
  • edited November 2016
    Gutted for you mate it's not at all nice when your personal space has been violated.

I know it's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but an alarm. security lights and or cameras, real or dummies is the way to go for peace of mind. They may have seen you go out or it may just have been a random choice.

A couple of houses got done around me a few years back which didn't have security systems so I reckon they went for the easier quick in and out targets in my street.

Keep your pecker up and good luck.
  • asked a police officer the other week about it, if for example your asleep and someone was in your room and you hit them with the bat and killed them - no charge, if they were running down the stairs away from you and you hit them and killed them - you would be charged, i remember my grandads house got done 10-12 years ago twice in the space of 6 months one was a distraction burglary people posing as greenwich council, the other was a standard burglary whilst him and my nan were out shopping - grandad come in and found him in the bathroom he managed to hold on to him whilst the police were called - he was 76 at the time, time served royal marine though - so the junkie scum had no chance :smile: after this he put gripper rods all along his side gate, the police on a follow up visit said he should take it down.
  • Yes, you are still in a state of shock and it does take some time to get back to normal, but you will. I was burgled nearly 40 years ago and I can still recall coming home from work late one winter's night and going into the sitting room and noticing the curtains were flapping and thinking what's going on and then realising the patio door was wide open. He had gone for cash, cameras anything that could go into a holdall. Amazingly he had been stopped by police earlier who searched him and found mine and stuff from other houses. Even though he had been caught it was a long time before I got back to completely normal and not think about it. When I came back from work I used to quickly go round all the rooms to make sure everything was okay. I also saved up for a burglar alarm and have had an alarm at every house since. It is a very unpleasant experience to say the least but you are obviously made of stern stuff.
  • For example your asleep and someone was in your room and you hit them with the bat and killed them - no charge, if they were running down the stairs away from you and you hit them and killed them - you would be charged

What if you say you were sleep walking?

The moment someone comes uninvited into your house its your rules, maybe the police should put together a set of laws which protect the home owners but dont cause silly feuds and claims (i.e. I killed him because he stole my TV remote not because he slept with my wife) - Keep it simple at the same time e.g.

- If you open the door and let someone into your house, they can press charges against you if you injure them etc.
    - If someone is in your house who you didnt invite in (i.e. whilst your sleeping or whilst your not there) then your free to do whatever you like (provided that you've got proof to back up your actions).

i.e. there is already so much technology on the market these days that can do this

- Nest have a camera out that connects to your WiFi which you can view whilst your out
    - Samsung have SmartThings which'll send you a notification if someone opens a window or door without you knowing about it (motion sensors have to be placed by the entry option for it to work I presume)