Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Hunt

Good to see Andy Hunt there today, he must have been shocked at how bad things have got.

Comments

• Why was here there?
  • Can't you edit anything whilst on your phone.
  • The blokes a legend.

Of course he would be in the know prior to attending, about the protests etc.

I actually feel embarrassed.

Embarrassed by the thought of our decent ex pros witnessing what it now is.
  • Martin Robinson was there as well.
  • My hearing's not the best, and I couldn't hear a word from Andy Hunt - what was he saying?
    He was one of my favourites in that 99/00 season. Bloody hell that was a long time ago.
  • All I could here was the excited club man followed by muffled talking.
    I was left wondering what Andy Hunt thought of his visit to the Valley and also why did he bother.
  • I would think that when Andy Hunt or any other player from the curbs era comes to the valley nowadays that they can only shake their head at how far we have fallen
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Why was here there?

Some of you might recall that I had stayed at his place earlier this year, and he'd mentioned that he'd taken his boys back to West Brom last year. He'd hoped to make it back to The Valley some day, and I said I was sure the club would love to see him back there.

For sure it was as low-key a day as you could possibly imagine, but I think he enjoyed the day nonetheless. When you're on a 2-month holiday you have time for these things!

• https://t.co/SrowzS8vsu
    His interview from Saturday, What a signing he was.
  • edited November 2016

https://t.co/SrowzS8vsu
    His interview from Saturday, What a signing he was.

I just had a comment removed from the youtube page. I feel honoured.
  • Good interview and article with him in VOTV a few weeks back.
  • When was Andys last match for us? If memory serves me correct he didn't finish the 00-01 season.
  • PopIcon said:
    When was Andys last match for us? If memory serves me correct he didn't finish the 00-01 season.
    1-0 win over Coventry at the Valley - Got subbed straight after scoring
  • I *think* this was his last match

• Unofficially it was for our reserves in 03/04
  • Am surprised, I always thought that was the sole goal in that game
  • Sponsored links:

• Am surprised, I always thought that was the sole goal in that game
    JJ’s overhead kick was sensational 
  • Johansson was a proper aerobatic striker wasnt he!!
  • What terrific technique by Johanssen for the late equaliser.

• I think that was Andy Hunt's last ever touch in senior football. He was subbed immediately after heading that goal in and had been a complete passenger due to his illness. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Am surprised, I always thought that was the sole goal in that game
    JJ’s overhead kick was sensational 
    Low down version of Rooney's goal against Man City almost
  • Talal said:
    On the highlights video for that season I remember Hunt mouthing "I'm fucked" to whoever was sat next to him when he was substituted. Surprised he managed to last an hour really. 
    Yes, I remember that too. 
  • edited September 2020
    Am surprised, I always thought that was the sole goal in that game
    We didn't beat Coventry in the top flight.  Perhaps the only team we played consistently during our three spells from the '80s on.
  • Didn't we beat them 2-1 at Highfield Road with Minto and Andy Jones scoring?
  • edited September 2020
    iaitch said:
    Didn't we beat them 2-1 at Highfield Road with Minto and Andy Jones scoring?             
    Yes. The winner was Kevin Drinkell OG I think. Came back off keeper and onto Drinkell and back in.