Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Using 'Foreign' Labour'. . . .

Goes against my principles but I got some ridiculous quotes for some wallpapering from local guys and got recommended a Polish guy

A mate got some artificial grass for his back garden and got quoted 5 grand to lay it from a Millwall mug, where most were quoting between £1500-2500.

He got the job done for £1000 . . . .

I'm all for the local worker but some blokes take the michael.

Your experiences/thoughts please

Comments

• edited June 2008
  • I am doing a bit of work for a local company and the attitude of the English workers is staggering. All proper lazy gobshites.
  • They shit stire all day long its just u cant understand what they are saying.

nice to slag the English off though. take along look at what you have just said and the put in the word african or Irish in and tell me its not racist
  • it is nothing to do with nationality and all to do with the value placed on the work by the individual
  • edited June 2008
  • i don't consider a millwall mug to be an englishman.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i don't consider a millwall mug to be an englishman.
    true
  • Ok guys how about this then " i was doing some work for a local company the workers were Poles/ Irish /African they were lazy and shit stirers" so how do you think its ok to say that about the English then ?

My advice re workers is use people recomended to you. However if it involves gas or electricity i would be very very carefull they need CORGI for gas and to be able to sign off electrical test certs re IEE Regs.
  • I think what we have established here is that you can say things about the English that you can't about foreigners - hold the front page, stop the presses.

I read it that NSS was saying he has 6 Englishmen who work for him, and THEY shit stir, not you GH, not me, not the Duke of Bedford, six particular people of his acquaintance, who are English as opposed to "not English".

Sometimes mate you can be as bad as the idiot immigrants and their apologists who seek rascism around every corner.

Lighten up dude... :oD
  • If my boss didn't employ foreign labour I'd be out of a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry Algarve i dont see its ok to slag the English off while we are hung drawn and 1/4rd if we say f**k all about anyone else.

and for one im f**ked off with the English and our country being everyones footaball. Of course if you dont like it you could naff off abroad ooooooooooooooooooooooo you have (smilly thingy).
  • If people in Canterbury didn't employ foreign labour I'd be about 4 of my best players down in Sunday league!!
  • I think that shite stirring in England can only improve with the influx of European and other international shite stirrers. Just as the general standard of football has improved with the influx of foreign players, so English shite stirring will improve as well with the likes of Scolari etc. turning up.

I've been stirring shite across Europe for the last thirty years and I think I can claim that I can hold my own with anybody now. When Central and Eastern Europe opened up I was ready for a whole new array of challenges. Ok, there are a couple of Aussies out here that are top notch too, but otherwise I think i can compete with the best of them!

My advice: accept the foreign challenge, learn from them and beat them on their home ground!
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorry Algarve i dont see its ok to slag the English off while we are hung drawn and 1/4rd if we say f**k all about anyone else.

and for one im f**ked off with the English and our country being everyones footaball. Of course if you dont like it you could naff off abroad ooooooooooooooooooooooo you have (smilly thingy).

It's always been that way though. It's the same as black guys saying "n*gger" - you can say things about your own race/religion/sexual orientation etc, but just don't even think about saying it about another group!
  • i got quoted 29 grand (english fella) for my extension then 26 grand (paddies) and even 31 grand by english builders. i got a polish builder in quoted 19 grand my budget was 24 including kitchen he did all the work in 13 weeks yes a few probs but nothing that i wouldnt have had anyway.

i had a budget i had to stick too out of need

i chose the pole and tbh i am glad i did great workmanship never stopped all day was polite and curteous i still meet him now to have a beer.

the problem as i see it is greed the work that was done would have been the same no matter who did it just that it costs so much to live in this country that the english guys couldnt afford to drop their quotes and the pole could hit my needs due to him sending the majority of his money back home.

but as much as it costs the builders to live it was is the same for me and unfortunatly for them my needs and my families needs come first
  • i've deleted my original comments,i'm not getting into all this racist stuff.
  • I'm frequently astonished about the bad attitude of people who work for me on my house refurb, even the good ones - if I adopted their customer service approach in my line of work I'd be out on my ear.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i've deleted my original comments,i'm not getting into all this racist stuff.

come on steve give us your words of wisdon mate - don't be shy
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]They shit stire all day long its just u cant understand what they are saying.

nice to slag the English off though. take along look at what you have just said and the put in the word african or Irish in and tell me its not racist

GH in "the poor old English, we are a repressed majority" shock.

change the record or just stick to Charlton Loyal where all that stuff goes down so well. Danny has said so many times he doesn't want it on here. You have another site to spout all these opinions over and over so use it.

And before you say it yes, I am English and proud of it and I hate racism and discrimination from whoever it's coming from so no double standard here. What NSS said wasn't racist as Algrave pointed out in any case.
  • edited June 2008
    Henry i found the phrase semi offensive Ok . Just because u dont dont mean your right. This aint your site so and you aint God so where do you think you have the right to tell me where and what i can post ?
  • Sponsored links:

• chaps i wasn't trying to be racist or anything of that kind if i offended anyone i apologise.Let's not ave a barnie over it,it's not worth it.
  • FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
  • Please continue, it's been over two weeks since i sunk a thread - i've been getting twitchy.

;-)
  • I am English, GH and can say what I like about us.

That's why it's great to be English.
  • We get our shopping delivered to us from Tesco and we tend to get one of two delivery drivers. One Polish and one English.

Guess which one carried the shopping in when he saw my wife was pregnant and which one just dumped the heavy boxes on our doorstep and then started texting on his mobile?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]We get our shopping delivered to us from Tesco and we tend to get one of two delivery drivers. One Polish and one English.

Guess which one carried the shopping in when he saw my wife was pregnant and which one just dumped the heavy boxes on our doorstep and then started texting on his mobile?[/quote]

Hope you gave the Polish bastard a slap, igonroant shi7

'Stupid smiley crappy face thing'
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]We get our shopping delivered to us from Tesco and we tend to get one of two delivery drivers. One Polish and one English.

Guess which one carried the shopping in when he saw my wife was pregnant and which one just dumped the heavy boxes on our doorstep and then started texting on his mobile?

Ah, so you're to blame......bloody workers at Tescos doing the shopping for other people, blocking the aisles and generally being a pain in the 'arris. Lazy so and so...
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]We get our shopping delivered to us from Tesco and we tend to get one of two delivery drivers. One Polish and one English.

Ah, so you're to blame......bloody workers at Tescos doing the shopping for other people, blocking the aisles and generally being a pain in the 'arris. Lazy so and so...

Why would I want to mix with the riff-raff from the likes of The Hollies? ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I am doing a bit of work for a local company and the attitude of the English workers is staggering. All proper lazy gobshites.

I really don't know were all this "all English workers are lazy lets get foreigners in" Bullshit comes from!

I work my arse off 6 days a week as a carpenter. Quite often I'm laid up all day Sunday with a bad back or some shit. Very rarely have a day off sick. Ive been doing it for 8 years now and can only recall a small number of proper lazy bastards and they have mostly been the ones in charge.

I have worked with my fair share of foreigners trust me. And i can tell you 80% don't spend or keep there English earned money in England. its sent back home to there familys. Witch is worrying when we employ so many. no surprise that we are in financial termoil!
  • I'm with Carlsberg here.

Foreign labour is fine if you don't care about quality or standards, I've worked with some foreign lads who fair enough graft their arses off but aren't very good because they don't understand basic commands and pose a risk to themselves. One of the blokes (Albanian) killed at the Fremlin development in Maidstone was killed because he did not heed warnings bellowed at him evidenty and was crushed.

They also have very different work standards to me. An 'it'll do' approach that drives me postal, I have no doubt that some foreign workers are not like this but in my experiance the ones I have worked with are. (I don't include doctors, nurses etc as I don't work with these).

And can I ask how many of you would accept working for £50 a day when you have been used to earning £120 a day. That is not the fault of the homegrown worker who is earning a good crust for work office based media types would not do. The ones who normally moan about foreigners taking all the work are usually layabouts anyway.