Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT: protest plans for November

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet will not be organising any protests at Charlton’s next home League One fixture against Port Vale on Saturday, November 19th.

The decision has been taken to avoid sending any mixed messages on what the club has declared Armed Forces Day, which includes remembrance of those killed on active service.

However, CARD is also announcing that protests will be ramped up the following weekend for the visit of Sheffield United to The Valley, and encourages its supporters to attend this fixture. Further details will be disclosed later in the month.

CARD also makes clear that there is no general suspension of its activities in the intervening period, although it has no specific plans for Saturday’s FA Cup tie against Scunthorpe United.

Comments

• Excellent decision
  • Good choice... I know nothing has been done previously but I also hope nothing will be done away @ Swindon which'll be Rememberance Weekend
  • Good choice... I know nothing has been done previously but I also hope nothing will be done away @ Swindon which'll be Rememberance Weekend

we could all just not go and watch it on TV? Making a stand then aint we
  • Quality as usual.
  • Onlyme said:

I understand that the army will be firing their cannon on the pitch that day, hopefully the direction it is aimed in could be guided by the fans. (Golden Shot style).
    I would advice any fans not to buy tickets anywhere near middle of the lower west stand!! :smile:

Could be in trouble for this one....
  • These are the kind of brilliant decisions that our club used to make, back when we were made proud by it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's also International Men's Day, World Toilet Day and my wedding anniversary (divorced). Well avoided, CARD

With the Sky cameras in, I hope the opposite.

With the Sky cameras in, I hope the opposite.
    Dont be so bloody selfish!!
  • So we have Armistice Day on Friday 11th November. Remembrance Sunday 13th November. Charlton live on TV on Saturday 12th November- would seem a protest opportunity to me (not that i'm going to Swindon)
  • Should have ordered an airstrike on the directors box in honour
  • So we have Armistice Day on Friday 11th November. Remembrance Sunday 13th November. Charlton live on TV on Saturday 12th November- would seem a protest opportunity to me (not that i'm going to Swindon)

I really don't understand why we can't be respectful of the fallen and have some form of protest at Swindon. Not that I will be there myself.
  • Not sure if the protests are really worth it anyway. The atmosphere at the Valley has dropped off so far I think we have lost fans for good. Perhaps if no one turned up at all they might get the message.
    I cannot believe that after supporting my team for nearly 50 years me and my family don't have season tickets any more and arrange family days out now instead of going together to a game.
    We will be at Swindon though as I have a relative involved at that club.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do agree, but many will return just because RD and KM have gone.
    It's then up to the new regime to build that support to remain.
  • Redrobo said:

I do agree, but many will return just because RD and KM have gone.
    It's then up to the new regime to build that support to remain.

...and any new regime will have a fantastic set of fans with a well run communication system, organisers and doers ready to re-engage with those lost souls.
    and it would be good if CARD then re-branded itself and actively worked alongside the new owners to boost attendances
  • The other negative about people coming back is the lack of continuity in the side year on year. Imagine having to buy new kit for the kids each August because the name on their old shirt has been moved on. So you have a new favourite each year but never really get to know their qualities.
  • TelMc32 said:

Onlyme said:

I understand that the army will be firing their cannon on the pitch that day, hopefully the direction it is aimed in could be guided by the fans. (Golden Shot style).
    I would advice any fans not to buy tickets anywhere near middle of the lower west stand!! :smile:

Doesn't someone have a banner with a very helpful downward pointing arrow that might come in handy for this???

For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever...this is a joke!!!!! :neutral:
    Officer! Officer!
  • Not directly protest related but..........

Turned over my CAFC calendar today, the player for November is Naby Sarr.
    30 days staring at that clown.

Gave me an idea though -
    Why don't CARD do a 2017 calendar using pics of various protests/marches/old pics that fans have taken themselves etc.

Then I won't have to spend any money in the club shop to give to RD.

15-games and two goals for Red Star see them just five points above the Relegation Zone, seeing that Andy Delort could hack it in Ligue 2 but not in the Championship says a lot for Naby Sarr.

As for the Calendar thats a great idea, be easy to put together wouldnt it? (i.e. Photobox / VistaPrint / OptimaPrint etc.)