Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris O'Loughlin

Comments

• johnny73 said:

IMHO Meire doesn't decide when a manager is sacked. Duchatelet does. Meire would keep Slade on until the end of his contract because the alternative means more work for her. Duchatelet the megalomaniac makes decisions on a whim. Which means Slade will get the boot once Douche gets bored.

Correct
  • Do not know what to make of this.Can only be looking at Charlton to advise Roland from a third party point of view........NOT TO REPLACE Russell or unsettle him.
  • Judging by the wind up comments from Driesen on twitter I wouldnt be surprised if he got invited by the owners to wind everyone up on here and so create a conspiracy theory
  • Do not know what to make of this.Can only be looking at Charlton to advise Roland from a third party point of view........NOT TO REPLACE Russell or unsettle him.

Reporting on Slade to RD sounds about right to me.
  • Sponsored links:

Reporting on Slade to RD sounds about right to me.
    If true it reflects the Fraeye presence under Chris Powell.
  • Ben18 said:

Expect at least 10 mentions of the fact he's British when he's announced on the OS

He;s not . Born in N Ireland but brought up and educated in S Africa. He's a Yarpie.
  • I'm not certain he'd be a step down from Slade. I really think Slade is out of his depth and I can't see us finishing in the top half with him in charge.
  • edited October 2016
    Ben18 said:

Expect at least 10 mentions of the fact he's British when he's announced on the OS

Yet not one mention of the club that he has been recently managing, if it's anything like what happened when we appointed Fraeye.
  • edited November 2016

HandG said:

johnny73 said:

IMHO Meire doesn't decide when a manager is sacked. Duchatelet does. Meire would keep Slade on until the end of his contract because the alternative means more work for her. Duchatelet the megalomaniac makes decisions on a whim. Which means Slade will get the boot once Douche gets bored.

When Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye got sacked, it was after a long run of bad results. While none of us would have appointed them in the first place, the sackings when they arrived were hardly a surprise
    Luzon and Fraeye were expected, not so sure about Peeters though.
    Peeters was slightly unlucky, but a poor run of results, plus "rumours" that things weren't right behind the scenes meant that there wasn't much anger here at his actual sacking

That came later when Daisy interviewed 20 candidates in 15 minutes and appointed Luzon :smile:
    And one of those was our man! I recall the chill when I watched the video of her saying that. Our man FFS, he is the bloke responsible for the fantastic stadium we have and any joy I have had from supporting my team. Disrespectful cow! None of your men have been fit to breath the same air as our man!
  • Some people love a consiracy theory. I mean, a network manager temporarily out-of-work who happens to be British (he might think if himself as Irish). Why not give up a weekend and fly into London to watch a big match between two sides flying high in League One, especially when you have never been to the Valley before and can get free tickets in the Directors box? Absolutely nothing in it and I'm sure Russell Slade was pleased to be introduced after the match, him being a fellow network manager an' all.

The guy was born in County Limerick. Why would he not think of himself as Irish?
  • This is what the Irish Sun wrote about him a while back - http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/6989040/Sint-Truiden-boss-Chris-OLoughlin-I-couldnt-get-an-interview-for-a-club-in-Northern-Ireland.html
    If he can't get an interview in the Irish League where most of the teams, apart from the top 3 or 4, are about 'Conference' level then he shouldn't be considered for managing a club the size of Charlton.
  • My prediction of O'Loughlin being in charge on the 31st December 2016 is looking more likely to happen.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2347548#Comment_2347548
  • SDAddick said:

I'm not certain he'd be a step down from Slade. I really think Slade is out of his depth and I can't see us finishing in the top half with him in charge.

Yet there's several managers better than both of them.
  • centurion said:

This is what the Irish Sun wrote about him a while back - http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/6989040/Sint-Truiden-boss-Chris-OLoughlin-I-couldnt-get-an-interview-for-a-club-in-Northern-Ireland.html
    If he can't get an interview in the Irish League where most of the teams, apart from the top 3 or 4, are about 'Conference' level then he shouldn't be considered for managing a club the size of Charlton.

i.e. He's at the same level as every manager the network has inflicted on this club
  • Sponsored links:

• Slade is currently talking to the Met about launching an investigation into O'Loughlin trolling him by being at the game on Saturday.

Someone with no bollocks told him it's the done thing these days.
  • edited November 2016
    it doesn't matter who comes in, nothing will ever change. i expect us to float in this league for a couple of seasons finishing mid table gradually a couple of positions worse then become a league 2 feeder/business club to the higher leagues.
  • edited November 2016

Next week is a bit of a banana skin for him though - League leaders at home, albeit in a Cup tie, nonsense away match against League Two outfit and then a match that shouldn't be on with potentially four players missing.

I feel that this cup game is almost a "free" game for him. With it being L1 opposition I dont think a loss will increase his sack-o-meter level at all. It might if we were playing Slough at home or something....
  • edited November 2016
    I'm not an advocate of him being given the boot, but if Slade does go, I hope the Belgians get another network lackey in and I hope he's as useless as the others because it will make a complete mockery of the rubbish Katrien spouted on Talksport the other day about RS getting two years and how great it is having him around.
  • HandG said:

I'm not an advocate of him being given the boot, but if Slade does go, I hope the Belgians get another network lackey in and I hope he's as useless as the others because it will make a complete mockery of the rubbish Katrien spouted on Talksport the other day about RS getting two years and how great it is having him around.

have to agree, another network puppet will only aid our cause
  • IdleHans said:

Can I be the first to say O'Loughlin out!

Massive LOL! This brightened up my otherwise dull day
  • I wonder if Meire sold Douche on the idea that the fans want a British manager with the suggestion that this would improve results and make the protests go away. Is O'loughlins appearance a subtle reminder, from Douche, that time is running out?
  • If anything there's not enough sarcasm in this thread.