Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Funniest/Saddest thing about Charlton Athletic under the current Regime

Is it Liar's ridiculously embarrassing & Constant Lying which is so obviously a whopping lie she really must be thick to think we (or anyone else) believes he or is it the fact that we have the richest owner in our history who unfortunately has no ambition for Charlton and is also the tightest owner in or history. Your comments please.
My own current favourite is the current Attendance figures for games at The Valley - I honestly reckon we are getting no more than 4-5000 at our games yet the idiots in charge seem to use the formula of doubling it and adding 500 for good measure. If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

Comments

• Funny meaning weird, just about everything these clowns do.

Funny meaning amusing, nothing at the moment but I'll laugh hysterically when they are gone.
  • 4 seasons ago, we missed out on play offs to the premier league by 3 points,

we are now 4 points away from both relegation zones to league 2 or play off spots to the championship...
  • I don't find any of it funny.

Agree re the division. Seems to be divided along the lines of the few that have their heads in the sand, the apathetic and those still prepared to try to turn it around. Yesterday's awful attendance and atmosphere sums up the achievements of this regime, frankly.

The glimmer of hope is that, like the Back to the Valley campaign, when we win we will see the club's heart restored and the fans once again come together.

There is no hope of the club's heart returning under this regime, because they have no idea what that means.
  • Saddest came yesterday when I saw our late winner pop up on sky and I showed no emotion.

Can't think of anything remotely funny at all since RD and KM rocked up.

As I've said elsewhere, I despise this regime for the way they have made me feel about my club, utterley fooking hate them.
  • None of this will be funny until they've gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• The regime supporters in the lower west and their performance of The Last of the British Raj.
  • kentred2 said:

The regime supporters in the lower west and their performance of The Last of the British Raj.

One of the sad things is the reminder of just how many people are willing to tolerate (even actively assist) a hostile occupation.
  • Saddest came yesterday when I saw our late winner pop up on sky and I showed no emotion.

As I've said elsewhere, I despise this regime for the way they have made me feel about my club, utterley fooking hate them.

Why were you not reading Redmidland's brilliant match thread?
  • A thread on tea tree oil
  • ross1 said:

Saddest came yesterday when I saw our late winner pop up on sky and I showed no emotion.

Why were you not reading Redmidland's brilliant match thread?
    I was lol. I do sky and the match thread, just happened to see it on sky first because I hadn't realised match thread part two was up and running, I was a bit behind and catching up with the posts when we scored!
  • I think I must be the only person on here and any number of other threads that when we scored, jumped out of his seat and screamed, 'YEEEEEESSSSSS, YA BASTARD! ' at the God of football in the sky above.
  • None of this will be funny until they've gone.

One day we'll look back and...

still hate those fucking Belgians
  • Huskaris said:

My dad isn't a Charlton fan, he is from Leicester, he took me to Charlton because we live a 20 minute walk away and they are our local club, and as such he always tried to get me interested in Charlton. The first time he took me was about 15 years ago when I was 10. I fell in love with them ever since and when my younger brother was of a similar age, he and I started going together, we had season tickets together from when he was 10 for 5 years.

My dad now has early onset dementia and is nothing of his former self, he can't talk, he can't walk, and he is in a care home, and now my brother and I, as of this season don't go to The Valley together.

Sad.

I want to go to The Valley with my brother again. I want what my dad introduced me to to be held in a high regard again.

That is sad in many ways.

My gran died a couple of years ago after quite advanced dementia took hold. Dementia is awful as you have lost the person you knew throughout your life and while you try to keep elements of them for both them and you, in my experience it was futile unless you can live with them 100% of the time, and mostly not then even.

I hope you get to go to the Valley as supporters with your brother again, and ideally also with your dad. While he may not remember the occasion, he may do somehow.

Good luck to you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    The goal today will cost us points as it will make Slade think Magennis and Novak works as a front two despite all the previous evidence to the contrary. I just wish the negative inimaginative idiot would try Botaka, and Holmes wide with Lookman and Magennis through the middle!
  • Oakster said:

We could storm up League One, win The Championship, qualify for the Champions League & win it......

...and I still wouldnt forgive or support this regime & their miserable hangers-on.

See thats where I differ...if that or promotion to the top flight or at least a bit of real footballing ambition e.g. competing to get in the championship play offs or seriously trying to then I would be happy and not really fussed about the silly gimmicks and the general diviness so much.

However the fact that the football side of things has been completely devoid of ambition and is generally catastrophic means footballing success is highly unlikely under this regime regardless of all the lessons learned guff they spout.

If we managed to achieve the highly unlikely feat of promotion back to the championship it wouldnt be a sign of success or improvement as we wouldnt even be back where we were when they turned up, we would still be behind what they inherited on and off the pitch both on the footballing side of things and in terms of goodwill with a large segment of our fanbase.

They are the football equivalent of Donald Trump in terms of business success.
  • The flame that burns for Charlton Athletic in my heart is currently dancing in a hurricane. I have no idea if it will be extinguished and if it is whether or not it can ever be re lit.

That for me is a very sad thing.
  • edited October 2016
    The fact that you post on here suggests it will be re-lit. I do know how you feel. We score in the 87th minute, what was a crucial goal and I'm questioning myself why I'm not that excited! We have been told on a number of occasions by the CEO that it isn't our club and we don't feel that attachment. The club has lost something, but when she goes and the owner goes things are likely to improve!
  • The apathy. That's very very sad.
  • No more tunnel jump... It was stupid, it was silly, but it was for us.
  • Greenie said:

Funniest? - Nothing springs to mind.
    Saddest - The fact that I just don't care if we win, lose or draw anymore, gone are the days when I used to celebrate like a madman if we got a late winner, the joy and that guttural, tribal shout of 'GET INNNNNNNN....YESSSS' has been taken away by the dictatorship.

I really hate what they have done to my football cub, the fact that my kids dont want to go anymore, so we dont have that time together, not because the team is shite (we've never been brilliant), but the owners are shite and the experience of going to football, you know the excitement, the anticipation, is just not there at all. 4 generations of CAFC supporters wiped away in 2 short years, there wont be a 5th generation by the looks of it!
    The Owner and CEO, I hold you both responsible for this, playing with peoples lives just so you can run a business experiment. Look at the cub, and the team and attendances, I hope you are very proud at what you have achieved.

This.