Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazing support !

I think we all know that Charlton is now not the club we had in those great seasons with Curbs & Murry and untill circumstances change the team is trying to carry the fight. At least we have one of our own as manager this time, although that also doesn't seem to be ok with many fans, I can remember when Dowie was shown the door and every one was shouting for Pardew, we know what happened next. In all honesty, not sure who would of wanted the job or if they would be any better. Considering the mess he took on, at least we are starting to get results, may not be pritty, but who said playing in the old 3rd division was to be exciting. As for the players, again who wants to join a 3rd division side on the way down, with all the problems that came with us. To score in the final minutes of the game says to me, they will fight to get the right result and how many times do top teams do that week in - week out, I think thats a great time to score the winning goal. The problem we have is with the owners not the players and at this time not the manager, they need all the support they can get if you want us back in the Championship, others wise what or who are they playing for. If I was a player running my guts out for 90min and all I got was slagged off, I wouldn't want to play for that team, is that what we want, sometimes its taken just a bit to far, for a family club. If they all walked, what next Division 4 and goodbye. No doubt there will be some rough replys, but for a 63yr old who has supported since he was 8, I can assure you I feel as strong as you regarding those incharge, but those only, not the guys given the job to turn it around, who may just be doing that.

Comments

• Brussel Slave....one of our own?
  • Pedro45 said:

Brussel Slave....one of our own?

Not a song I can see taking off.

Seriously I'd love to know how Slade has become "one of our own".
  • As much as some people can't stand Pardew he would have kept us up if he had had the games that were thrown away by the club with the appointment of Les Reed. I agree that the players we have do fight to the last as has been shown by late equalisers/winners in games this season. Football fans in general now are impatient and want instant success. They all slag off their players and managers when they don't get that.
  • It was half-one in the morning.
  • It was half-one in the morning.

Good job he put his clocks back then or did he l? :open_mouth: .
  • NOT everyone was shouting for Pardew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's be very simple with where we are.
    If RD wanted to build a successful team and club, if RD wanted to build bridges with fans and progress he would know the barrier to that is KM.
    Thus he leaves KM in the position of CEO knowing that she is a major cause of the toxic nature of the club.
    Work it out for yourselves.

• Let's be very simple with where we are.
    If RD wanted to build a successful team and club, if RD wanted to build bridges with fans and progress he would know the barrier to that is KM.
    Thus he leaves KM in the position of CEO knowing that she is a major cause of the toxic nature of the club.
    Work it out for yourselves.

Totally agree with this post.
    There can never be a good working relationship between the club and fans until KM has been replaced. So much damage has been done since she arrived that can never be put right.
    One solution could be to transfer her to one of the clubs in his network.
    That would let RD save face as he would not be sacking her. It would also allow him to bring in a competent CEO who could build bridges between the club and fans .

But as he seems infatuated by her I won't be holding my breath
  • That sums it up nicely for me too Stig.
  • The problem is that when a lot of fans give up protesting, they will also have given up going to watch their team.
  • E-cafc said:

As much as some people can't stand Pardew he would have kept us up if he had had the games that were thrown away by the club with the appointment of Les Reed. I agree that the players we have do fight to the last as has been shown by late equalisers/winners in games this season. Football fans in general now are impatient and want instant success. They all slag off their players and managers when they don't get that.

If Pardew was that good why did we not do better the championship with him?
  • edited October 2016

The last few posts are very indicative of where we are.
    The regime and the KM cronies (S Parks etc) need to read these and reflect.
    Let's assume for a mega second that the way the club is run is the correct way. If that is so then it's not what fans want, the ground is emptying, the emotion within the fans is ebbing away, basically the club is dying.
    How can this in any light be seen as successful or the correct way forward.

Please regime, recognise it is not working, it will only get worse. If you want a football club this is not how to do it.
    In a few years it is possible Charlton will be playing non league football to crowds of a few hundred.
    Think on please.

Billy this a a really good post mate. I genuinely think the sad thing is though that they don't really care where the club is going!

The ignorance and stubbornness of the owner makes it clear that he (and his cronies) do not give a stuff about the success of the club as a footballing matter and quite clearly, they have no thought, feeling, emotion or attachment for the fans who emotionally invest their lives into CAFC. You see, when your existence is as limited and as sad as theirs is, you really wouldn't have the intellect or ability to fully understand or appreciate just exactly what this means to the supporter. You won't care that you are hurting people because you quite simply are not affected by it.

The main worry is that this is now clearly personal for them. I would imagine that they have an exit strategy, probably only shared with a limited few, but before they exercise that strategy they sadistically want to inflict as much hurt and pain on us as is possible. It's childlike behaviour that is probably inherent, and is something akin to playground bully boy tactics.

They will pick a time to go when it suits and when it can be manufactured in such a way that they appear as a success. The really worrying thing is that the owner quite clearly also lets personal attachment and friendship get in the way of logical decision making from a business perspective. But again, he doesn't care. We are a toy in his dusty old box of infantile playthings and the money he's invested is the equivalent to you or I losing a tenner on a weekly accumulator! It's a big 'so what' in his book.

They don't really care at all about Charlton Athletic Football Club as a footballing entity and never will.

I honestly fear that we have a lot more pain to suffer before we see the back of these. However, as sure as the sun rises every morning and the Maple Leafs continue to fail to make the NHL playoffs, we will see the back of these and they will ultimately crawl back to the obscurity from whence they came.