Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

578 members and 330 guests online?

Surely a testament to Slades exciting style of football that nearly 1,000 people are online to discuss it... ;)

Comments

• Might explain why the ground looked so empty today.

• Yep, I was wondering also ..... more people on this forum, than at the match.

• Might explain why the ground looked so empty today.

It wasn't empty you know.....there was over 10,000 there dont you know!

• cafckev said:

Might explain why the ground looked so empty today.

How many complimentary tickets handed out?

How many of those actually attended?

• LuckyReds said:

Surely a testament to Slades exciting style of football that nearly 1,000 people are online to discuss it... ;)

That's a lot of police overtime!
  • Oggy Red said:

cafckev said:

Might explain why the ground looked so empty today.

How many complimentary tickets handed out?

How many of those actually attended?

10,000 obviously!
  • Sponsored links:

• Finally read this at the 3rd attempt,it said you don't have permission to view .What's it's all about?
  • Finally read this at the 3rd attempt,it said you don't have permission to view .What's it's all about?

The mods are out in force today...

• vff said:

Everything about the club operation is rubbish at present. Rubbish inept CEO trying to pretend engagement whilst doing everything possible to block engagement with potentially critical supporters. SMT going after posters on a forum. Supporters being strangled by security for carrying a flag, ABC contracts. The club constantly saying one thing and doing another. Building a team to get promoted whilst providing an abject midfield & negative manager with an amateur pre season. Ridiculously inflated attendances, boring poor quality football. A club with the soul ripped out of it.

Meire says that Duchatelet is not planning to go. Just another lie in a succession of lies and misdirection. You cannot trust a word that Meire or Duchatelet says . It will be an excellent Christmas / New Year gift when Duchatelet goes. Charlton supporters will get the club back. Keep the faith.

God, I hope you're right vff.

Not a wind up I hope.
  • Russell Slade is just the perfect foil for RD & KM. He seems to prepare the teams in such a way to wind up the fans. He has the nucleus of a good team but for reasons best known to him, he refuses to play some of our better players. Pleased to report I've still not given the Regime any of my money bar admin fees for away games. The only way we will really get the message across is to show them a near empty Valley.
  • Spanish said:

Russell Slade is just the perfect foil for RD & KM. He seems to prepare the teams in such a way to wind up the fans. He has the nucleus of a good team but for reasons best known to him, he refuses to play some of our better players. Pleased to report I've still not given the Regime any of my money bar admin fees for away games. The only way we will really get the message across is to show them a near empty Valley.

I think the next step ought to be a protest for the duration of the game outside the ground.
    Not sure there will be enough people at the next game to protest.
  • stonemuse said:

Spanish said:

Russell Slade is just the perfect foil for RD & KM. He seems to prepare the teams in such a way to wind up the fans. He has the nucleus of a good team but for reasons best known to him, he refuses to play some of our better players. Pleased to report I've still not given the Regime any of my money bar admin fees for away games. The only way we will really get the message across is to show them a near empty Valley.

I think the next step ought to be a protest for the duration of the game outside the ground.
    Not sure there will be enough people at the next game to protest.
    Quite. Sub 4000 for next weeks game. I certainly won't be anywhere near Se7 next weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:

At the match today it finally dawned on me, when the goal went in - this is not my club anymore. I've given up my season ticket but have now decided the only way to win - as Meire describes it - this war - is to use the only weapon I have. My support (and my money). I hope Card go for a boycott of matches, as I don't think anything else will have an effect. Let the ground be filled with the 2,000 or so who will go whatever happens, plus the freebies they give out. Surely that will not be sustainable long term. My boycott starts now.

Personally, I'm more convinced than ever that boycotting is not the way to go. Duchâtelet must already be losing a lot of money, and has already been thoroughly embarrassed. I'm not sure that the crowd falling to 2,000 (which I don't think it ever would anyway) would significantly increase the financial loss/embarrassment to him.

I'm convinced this regime would rather have lower attendances than people protesting in the ground. They've shown time and again through their actions how uncomfortable any kind of dissent in the ground makes them. We need to keep the pressure up at every game, because we know that's what bothers them most.
  • Gillis said:

Mrkinski said:

At the match today it finally dawned on me, when the goal went in - this is not my club anymore. I've given up my season ticket but have now decided the only way to win - as Meire describes it - this war - is to use the only weapon I have. My support (and my money). I hope Card go for a boycott of matches, as I don't think anything else will have an effect. Let the ground be filled with the 2,000 or so who will go whatever happens, plus the freebies they give out. Surely that will not be sustainable long term. My boycott starts now.

Personally, I'm more convinced than ever that boycotting is not the way to go. Duchâtelet must already be losing a lot of money, and has already been thoroughly embarrassed. I'm not sure that the crowd falling to 2,000 (which I don't think it ever would anyway) would significantly increase the financial loss/embarrassment to him.

I'm convinced this regime would rather have lower attendances than people protesting in the ground. They've shown time and again through their actions how uncomfortable any kind of dissent in the ground makes them. We need to keep the pressure up at every game, because we know that's what bothers them most.
    What was the show of dissent in the ground yesterday exactly? What made them uncomfortable?
  • boggzy said:

Gillis said:

Mrkinski said:

What was the show of dissent in the ground yesterday exactly? What made them uncomfortable?
    The flags, not as many as there could have been but enough for her to see and have a think about. She knows we can do a big demo when WE want.
  • But the protesting in ground over the past two games - whilst giving them £26 per match - has achieved what? Apart from not wanting to give them any more money, I felt so emotionally disconnected during the match yesterday that I started thinking what my £26 per match would pay for. Things that I can enjoy - like meals with family / films etc as opposed to unenjoyable matches at the valley. It's been a cumulative effect over the past few years - but this is the point when I say I've had enough, I'm out.
  • boggzy said:

Gillis said:

Mrkinski said:

There was a show of dissent in the ground yesterday, through the banners, people wearing black and white and anti-regime chanting. Did that make them particularly uncomfortable? Possibly not. Would they have rather it hadn't happened? I suspectct so.

But my post wasn't about the success or otherwise of yesterday's protest: my point was that it's my belief that the regime would rather take the lower attendances and associated loss of revenue, than have supporters protesting in the ground. Their ludicrous over reaction at Coventry and continued attempts to silence fans show that.
  • Mrkinski said:

But the protesting in ground over the past two games - whilst giving them £26 per match - has achieved what? Apart from not wanting to give them any more money, I felt so emotionally disconnected during the match yesterday that I started thinking what my £26 per match would pay for. Things that I can enjoy - like meals with family / films etc as opposed to unenjoyable matches at the valley. It's been a cumulative effect over the past few years - but this is the point when I say I've had enough, I'm out.

That's entirely understandable, and I don't think any reasonable person would argue against it. Everyone should be free to take the course of action they think best.

However, as a general direction for the protest movement as a whole, as it were, I think attending and protesting is a better strategy than boycotting.
  • I originally thought boycotts but then realised it gave Squirrel Face and her cronies an easy time. The assumption she and Roland care about attendances is false; to them , it's all about the media and how they are perceived. So protests, inside and outside, hurt them more than the (relatively) insubstantial lost income.

The media impact of the pigs outweighed all the spin of Meire and the new PR company since the start of the season and showed the media remains, generally, against them. So perhaps the way ahead is the planned one-in-five type protests. Allied to a more subtle media war, keeping sympathetic journalists onside in the knowledge that Meire seems incapable of not putting her foot in it.

I would also suggest targeting Duchatalet is a waste of time. Meire is the figurehead and has shown she is rattled when not in control of what is happening around her.