Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match View: Charlton v Chesterfield

Well it was 4-4-2 wasn't it ?

Comments

• Need to win our 6 pointers.

• Just logged in after the match. What has happened deleting thread wise?

That aside.

Thought we did well second half and should have been the clear winners.

A win is a win
  • Only half empty mate it looked worse than that
  • edited October 2016
    Lookman was pants, especially at corners.
    Homes was better than everyone else.
    Magennis battled again.
    Everyone else was ehhh.
    At least we won.
  • First half was dreadful, second half much improved, and we were deserved winners.

It says a lot that two of their three most dangerous players (Gardner, Evans and Ayibri?) got subbed off.

Lookman was dreadful, he was getting bullied all match. Crofts got better as he went on; Ulvestad did the opposite. Botaka was a breath of fresh air.
  • Had to work hard to grind out a bit of an ugly win but they all count.

Katrien the banner messages were clear. Maybe it's time for you to go and have a baby sweetheat.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought our crossing was pretty good today. Maybe a strategy focusing on getting the ball in from wide would be a decent stopgap until we work out something a bit more continental
  • goals in the last five minutes in consecutive games show that at the very least we keep right on to the end (of the road) .. wasn't there so can't comment further .. except .. this win, any win will have greatly improved morale
  • Had to work hard to grind out a bit of an ugly win but they all count.

Katrien the banner messages were clear. Maybe it's time for you to go and have a baby sweetheat.

That might be difficult.
  • As posted on the match thread :

Unfortunately , really couldn't care less what the result was today! With news of police action, dwindling attendances and what sounds like naff performances - I beginning to think the 'curse' has almost been broken!
  • Fumbluff said:

I'm disappointed, seriously disappointed. I'm sure I've missed out on a tonne of lols today after my Harry Potter quip at @Leuths expense on the match thread. Tsk

Shall we relive the magic, my friend?
  • Weren't great, first half was particularly meek. They persevered and got a win. I can't and won't get excited until we put together a run of about 5 wins on the spin. Not win today and follow that up with a point at the county ground.

I don't think we're good enough for promotion, but I expect nothing less Katrien. After all you said we turned the corner in the summer.....
  • Been out working all day, so apologies for coming in so late, but have to ask given the curtailed match thread if anything exciting happen off the pitch with protests (given it sounds not much to write home about happened on it)
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

Been out working all day, so apologies for coming in so late, but have to ask given the curtailed match thread if anything exciting happen off the pitch with protests (given it sounds not much to write home about happened on it)

Not that I could see
  • Been looking at a uni at Bath Spa, sounds I picked a good one to miss, but we won, and as mad as it seems are 4 points of bottom 3 and 4 points off of play offs, crazy league
  • Bath uni is the mutts mate we do loads of work there
  • Piss poor papering over the cracks , Holmes decent cross for the goal maybe my pal fired u up while taking the corner but let's be honest your corners where piss poor till then , you got some stick but gave it back , alls fair , Slade Novak saved your Arse with that header , the team just ain't good enough , we badly need a player who is gonna drive us forward , how many of our midfielders get beyond our front 2 , we need a leader the team has no direction ,it worries me that a decent side would give us a hideing .
  • Groundhog Day...

Please go Russell, we'll even hold the door for you.
  • Flat and boring match.Had 0-0 all over it,until Holmes ,who does try to make things happen,did a successful run and knocked it in to Novak to score.Lookman looked off the pace.Botaka looks a live wire,give him a longer go Slade.
  • Am I the only one who at first glance thought that Russell Slade was playing number 6 for Chesterfield?
  • Am I alone in thinking we played quite well? Dominated possession and generally avoided pointless long balls towards Magennis. Were patient and eventually some magic from Holmes created the goal.

The move which played in Ajose in the first half was outstanding....

There were too many sideways passes and if Chesterfield were any better they would have punished us as they were strong going forward...

Like everyone else in the League; Teams just cannot score... Every team I've seen so far will struggle in the Championship