Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLADE: Jumping Ship ?

Paul Hurst has left Grimsby to manage Shrewsbury Town, Hurst's temporary replacement is the club physio, Dave Moore.

There's an article in today's 'Grimsby Telegraph' quoting Moore and I quote verbatim: 'One of my former managers, Russell Slade, used to say to me "do well and jump ship" (and I think Paul has done very well in getting this club back to the Football League') .. UNQUOTE

So my brothers and sisters, as soon has Russ has got us back in the Premiership, we can expect him to jump overboard, that is if he hasn't already been made to walk the plank

Comments

• I don't know, to be fair, but I'd imagine he'd need one hell of a run up....
  • LoOkOuT said:

"Do well and jump ship."

No danger in that I'm afraid. Our Russ is still working no the "do well" part.

precisely ((:>)
  • Are we talking about the Woolwich Ferry?
  • Are we talking about the Woolwich Ferry?

More like the Titanic
  • Paul Hurst has left Grimsby to manage Shrewsbury Town, Hurst's temporary replacement is the club physio, Dave Moore.

There's an article in today's 'Grimsby Telegraph' quoting Moore and I quote verbatim: 'One of my former managers, Russell Slade, used to say to me "do well and jump ship" (and I think Paul has done very well in getting this club back to the Football League') .. UNQUOTE

So my brothers and sisters, as soon has Russ has got us back in the Premiership, we can expect him to jump overboard, that is if he hasn't already been made to walk the plank

I should issue a Tsunami warning if he does jump ship if I was the club...
  • Job for life at Charlton aye Russell .....
  • I can see the headline now "Thames empties as Slade makes a big splash at Charlton"
  • My money is on Slade. The ship would sink.
  • Sponsored links:

• The f***** better stay till January 1st 2017.

Otto bet me £20 that he'll be gone by then.
  • I wonder how many draws constitute success. Does he jump ship after he's broken the club record for draws in a season. a kind of success
  • Russell Slade has had more draws than you would find in a Laundry Basket.
  • The f***** better stay till January 1st 2017.

Otto bet me £20 that he'll be gone by then.

Easiest £20 he's ever gonna get ,as he told you Saturday :)
  • edited October 2016
    If he did jump ship, I wonder who would be shortlisted.
  • Can Russell even jump?
  • For sure. He walks out onto a gang plank off the side of the good ship Charlton and someone jumps up and down on the other end.

He has jumped.
  • Giving advice that he's never had to act upon himself!