Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
NEWS | Charlton agree five-year partnership with Danish sports brand hummel https://t.co/ivvjizz31A #cafc https://t.co/xJBHAi0MMA

NEWS | hummel will work with supporters to design a special, bespoke kit for next season to mark 25 years back at The Valley #cafc

NEWS | As well as kitting out our first team and academy sides, hummel will produce kits for @CAFCTrust and @CAFCWomen #cafc

NEWS | Charlton Athletic and hummel agree five-year partnership
Wed 26 Oct 2016 10:45

Hummel to work with Charlton fans to create bespoke kit to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the club’s return to The Valley

Charlton Athletic and hummel have agreed a five-year partnership which will see hummel supply bespoke kits for our first team and academy teams, the award-winning Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) and Charlton women’s team, as well as a range of leisurewear.

As part of the deal, which begins at the start of the 2017/18 season, hummel will work with Charlton fans on a special home kit to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the club’s return to The Valley. Charlton and hummel will ask each of the club’s official fan groups to nominate one member to join them at The Valley for workshops on the kit’s design.

As well as meeting with the fans, hummel met today with Manager Russell Slade, Assistant Kit Manager Ben Kirk, women’s team captain Kim Dixson and CACT’s Safeguarding Officer Barry Simmons to get their input on performance and style.

Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel UK and Ireland, is looking forward to the collaboration: “Through this exciting new partnership we hope to expand further our presence in the UK football market. It would be hard to find a better suited partnership than Charlton Athletic and hummel. Both brands have wonderful histories, place great value in tradition, character and local ties, and we are extremely proud to be working with Charlton over the next five years.

“I was especially pleased to see the club’s desire to get the fans involved as early as possible in the consultation process regarding kit designs for next season, hence the announcement of this deal somewhat earlier than would normally be expected.”

Charlton CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are excited by our new partnership with hummel who have a great pedigree in football and share the club’s objectives of supporting football at all levels. We’re also very pleased that the deal brings together Charlton Athletic, Charlton Athletic Community Trust and the Charlton Athletic Women’s team with one kit for the club.

“Having a bespoke kit is something our fans have been asking for and we’re delighted that the club’s fans will be involved in the kit design process.”

Next year also celebrates 25 years of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and the Trust will also get the opportunity to factor in to the design. Jason Morgan MBE, Charlton Athletic Community Trust CEO, said: "2017 is a big year for CACT as we celebrate our 25th anniversary and this is one of the new initiatives we are very excited about. From our full-time staff and coaches delivering sessions in the community, to the range of young people taking part in our football programmes, it's great to have a new kit and supplier of hummel's pedigree on board."

Charlton Athletic Women’s Team will receive a fitted kit as part of the deal and Chairman Stephen King said: "This is great news for the women's team and for all the juniors in our Regional Talent Club. Being able to wear the same kit as the men's team further demonstrates that we are an integral part of the club. We are very grateful for the support of hummel, and for the opportunity to be involved in this long-term partnership."

hummel was founded in 1923 and is a privately owned Danish sports brand. hummel begins and ends with sport. From concept development and product design to company culture, sport is the most essential part of hummel’s DNA. The energy, dedication and team spirit that define sport is the strong foundation on which hummel base their history and growth. hummel has a strong legacy in football, and proudly support teams such as The Danish National Team, Deportivo Alaves (La Liga, Spain), SC Freiburg (Bundesliga, Germany), Brondby IF (Super Liga, Denmark) and FC Utrecht (Eredivisie, Netherlands). Through their Karma projects and their Change the World through sport mission, hummel support grassroots football in the UK and around the world.

Comments

• Hummel? - Deal stinks if you ask me!!
  • Do they know about the merchandise boycott? I think they need to be told.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummel_International#Club_teams

Not a brand I've massively heard of but a list of all the Clubs they're involved with... Means we've now got "links" with Afghanistan and Nagorno-Karabakh (an region of Armenia not recognised by FIFA or UEFA)
  • Their marketing/pr email is as@hummel.dk

I'm going to write a bit later when I have some free time.
  • Sunday League gear

These are the latest kits they have made for Denmark. I personally hope they bring back the purple and green at one point.

And this was the BTTV shirt that will inspire the new home kit, so expect an old school collar.

Deportivo Alaves has an old school collar this season....

• Sponsored links:

• I know we all moan about the regime but for once I think they deserve a little credit here. I like the idea, I am dubious about how much fan involvement it will have but if we took this in isolation it is a good idea.

If they think letting fans pick what shade of Red is 'charlton' makes up for the 2 & a bit years of utter shit, then they're more stupid than we have given them credit for!
  • Actually pleased with this news, I reserve judgement on the kits until I've seen them though - Fans groups will be Target20k, Sue Perks & the East Kent Addicks

We should await "Jus Rol" as the Shirt Sponsor with baited breath then?

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=265890547

• Lewes

Nice little Charlton related picture there!
    Glen Tilbrook's squeeze AND our friends at coco5!
  • Pleased with us getting a bespoke kit, it's boring knowing your kit comes from a catalogue and that several other clubs will be wearing the same template

Hummel were big in the 80s/90s, I remember Spurs wearing Hummel kit, I'd forgotten about them. Those kits above look fine, even with Chris Difford modelling the Lewes one!

5 years is a long deal. What will happen to the club shop?
  • sam3110 said:

“Having a bespoke kit is something our fans have been asking for and we’re delighted that the club’s fans will be involved in the kit design process.”

Yeah that is the main thing I've been constantly wanting over the last few years, glad to see they have finally listened. If the players look good they will play good.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we all moan about the regime but for once I think they deserve a little credit here. I like the idea, I am dubious about how much fan involvement it will have but if we took this in isolation it is a good idea.

Agree. A good idea, I honestly think the message is finally getting through, but it's hard to forgive an abuser, even if you wanted to and they have abused the fan base (apart from Sue Parkes who has received the opposite).
  • I think this is really good news. I've hated the generic Nike designs. Although last seasons with a collar was the best for a while. A bespoke kit is much nicer...

Does this mean we are bringing the club shop back in house?
  • sam3110 said:

Yeah that is the main thing I've been constantly wanting over the last few years, glad to see they have finally listened. If the players look good they will play good.
    To be fair, many people have been calling for us to have a bespoke kit, in fact most fans at most clubs want unique kids for their teams, and if you look carefully even all the biggest clubs have templated kits, so having a smaller kit maker that doesn't make 300 different kits means we're more likely to have something truly unique.

At least it's not Sondico
  • I wanna know who installed those Lewes seats!!...

Far right... second row going back, the seats for four and five look proper pissed

Good spot......................and don't get me started on the Specsavers sign, whoever lined that up needs shooting.
  • I think this is really good news. I've hated the generic Nike designs. Although last seasons with a collar was the best for a while. A bespoke kit is much nicer...

Does this mean we are bringing the club shop back in house?

Agreed... Hopefully this means we can face teams each season with the approach that no one has something similar

At the moment its a case of: Oh look at Peterborough's kit, thats similiar isnt it? - Oh look at the Southend kit, that looks familiar?
  • some big clubs in there, Boldklubben Frem & Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa are absolute footballing powerhouses.What a deal!!!
  • se9addick said:

Is it me or is it strange to announce this a couple of months or so after the new kit goes on sale in the club shop ?

Chelsea have already announced a 15 year deal with Nike worth 60m a year for next season, so no, not really.