Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'New' Liberal Club

Decided to have a couple of pre-protest beers in the Liberal club on Saturday. It was my first visit to the newly refurbished club and wonder what other Lifers think of the place. It is certainly different from the old one. I thought it a little sterile, almost like a trendy wine bar feeling in the upstairs bar. It may be that it's still a 'work in progress' as far as the décor goes (a few Charlton team photos etc. would give it a more welcoming feel) and also the absence of live football didn't help. The beer is still fantastic value for money of course but I felt like I was drinking in a doctor's surgery.

Comments

• Crikey mate be careful i started a thread simular to this a few weeks ago and got some very childish replies..

It has improved in recent weeks as they have put new furniture in there. There is still not enough staff to serve and no room behind the bar for them to do it.

As usual a lot of the punters are ignorant who just go to the bar and say i am next when they know theres people in front of them. They should introduce a queuing system like they did previously in the back bar.

It has improved though since it was open...work in progress.
  • Been in a couple of times now I really like it especially the upstairs bar after the Rochdale game.
  • Pffft @Chippycafc has farted
  • Didn't they move the whole place a few yards to the right and then regretted it?
  • Uboat said:

Didn't they move the whole place a few yards to the right and then regretted it?

Well the clientele has moved to the right since the Con Club closed down.

The con club my favourite Charlton watering hole ever
  • Uboat said:

Didn't they move the whole place a few yards to the right and then regretted it?

Do you know why it shut?
  • Crikey mate be careful i started a thread simular to this a few weeks ago and got some very childish replies..

Liar Liar pants on fire
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Do you know why it shut?
    I was told that the only time it done any trade was when Charlton played the rest of the time it was virtually empty
  • Uboat said:

Close second for me after the Horse & Groom.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is a work in progress, photos and pictures being donated already, Vince will start the decorating as soon as he gets some free time.
  • @DA9 I did offer some framed pics on loan but no one has got back to me.

• @DA9 I did offer some framed pics on loan but no one has got back to me.

Was that my bald pal you met at the Rochdale game?
  • DA9 said:

@DA9 I did offer some framed pics on loan but no one has got back to me.

Could be. There was a younger guy too. Got lots of framed stuff that can be loaned but will need a signed saying where it's been loaned from.
  • edited October 2016
    Looking forward to seeing the new Lib club once RD has gone.
  • DA9 said:

@DA9 I did offer some framed pics on loan but no one has got back to me.

Could be. There was a younger guy too. Got lots of framed stuff that can be loaned but will need a signed saying where it's been loaned from.
    Will mention it to the right people
  • DA9 said:

It is a work in progress, photos and pictures being donated already, Vince will start the decorating as soon as he gets some free time.

Excellent! Just the point I first made, it will feel more like a Charlton 'watering hole' when some framed stuff goes up on the wall!
  • Popped in this weekend.

Now £2 entry and the Guinness was like black current, very poor pint. Its a shame as could be decent in there.

Back to the ROD for next game.
  • Trick or treat was a lovely pint and at £2.85 a bargain

Back to the Lib for next game
  • DA9 said:

It is a work in progress, photos and pictures being donated already, Vince will start the decorating as soon as he gets some free time.

Mr Cable must have lots of free time since he lost his seat in the General Election, it's always jam tomorrow with politicians.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trick or treat was a lovely pint and at £2.85 a bargain

Back to the Lib for next game

Did see that, should have given that a try. They have done a great job with the build though
  • Any photos available? New upstairs bar??
  • Uboat said:

The Watermans was decent.
  • Uboat said:

The Watermans was decent.
    Loved the Horse & Groom when Irene & Bill had it and big West Ham Pete opened up the outside bar.