Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sailor Browns Daughter speaks out

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
I asked Julie I she would like to comment publicly about concerns she shares with myself about our club, being as computer literate as myself she added them to the Jimmy Seed blog page and asked me to also post them for you all to read........................

Julie Munro
What on earth is happening to this historic and much loved club Charlton,as not only a supporter,but very much a part of its history during its most successful years. I fought along with my lovely dad Sailor Brown to save Charlton and the Valley before..but it is beyond belief what the current owners are doing to this club..dad is no longer here to fight for the club and its loyal supporters but I will fight along side to help as much as I can.
Many of my family are still ardent supporters and go to most home matches..my only suggestion at present which I never thought I would say is boycott matches and let voices and actions be heard..you the supporter's are the club and always have been..the memories I hold of happy times on our visits by myself and Sailor in his later years can never be taken away and I will be working in the background to do whatever I can to help..meantime keep showing solidarity..the club in its history has had many knocks but have always fought back thanks to many who love this club and its supporters...and in Sailor's memory I will back you all 100%

Comments

Thanks Henry, still trying to work out how to do the twitter bit when it appeared. ;)
  • edited October 2016
    As I've posted before one of my late father's favourite players, good on you Julie and well done @TCE
  • Greenie said:

I dont care what she says re boycotting it just does not work. Roland's income as stated is 1.5 % of our club so its not going to affect him and more importantly, since there have been no protests in and around the ground we have lost momentum, so many people I speak to assume that us fans are happy now because we are not protesting.
    Go to the ground protest all match long, this will get the media attention, disrupt each and every match (peaceably), get point deductions and club fines, staying away solves nothing.

Of course I respect your opinion and your right, financially it don't matter. But his ego would be smashed to see the ground empty, they are relying on the love and loyalty of supporters for the redshirt. When you Invest in a football club you must expect to lose money, what you don't expect is your business acumen to take a good hiding and that is where can win this.
  • Agree with you @Greenie on the boycott but central point is relative of another Valley legend, after Jimmy Seed's grandson, is coming out to condemn the regime.

Now doubt some apologist will want Sailor Brown's name and picture banned as punishment.

And yet Katrien still thinks she's done nothing wrong and everything will be OK if we win two games.

Yes of course H, agree, having the relative of another Addicks legend speaking out against the regime is a coup, of course it is, but I cannot agree on boycotting it serves no purpose and simply does not work.
  • T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

I dont care what she says re boycotting it just does not work. Roland's income as stated is 1.5 % of our club so its not going to affect him and more importantly, since there have been no protests in and around the ground we have lost momentum, so many people I speak to assume that us fans are happy now because we are not protesting.
    Go to the ground protest all match long, this will get the media attention, disrupt each and every match (peaceably), get point deductions and club fines, staying away solves nothing.

Of course I respect your opinion and your right, financially it don't matter. But his ego would be smashed to see the ground empty, they are relying on the love and loyalty of supporters for the redshirt. When you Invest in a football club you must expect to lose money, what you don't expect is your business acumen to take a good hiding and that is where can win this.
    Sorry TCE, his ego would not be touched, he just doesn't care. Surely, the substandard players he has saddled us with, the relegation he has just presided over and the position we find ourselves in now would have pricked his ego, the man has the skin of a rhino. If we have no fans in the ground then he can justifiably put plans into place and sell the ground to property developers and I would not be surprised if this was is plan B.
    Be careful what you wish for.....
  • Agree with you @Greenie on the boycott but central point is relative of another Valley legend, after Jimmy Seed's grandson, is coming out to condemn the regime.

Now doubt some apologist will want Sailor Brown's name and picture banned as punishment.

And yet Katrien still thinks she's done nothing wrong and everything will be OK if we win two games.

Yes of course, thats the main reason I asked Julie to put her name to our conversations which she agreed to do. She also has told me once the business of certain football managers is sorted in the press she has contacts that are prepared to pick up the baton (no pun intended) and run with it.
  • Greenie said:

Agree with you @Greenie on the boycott but central point is relative of another Valley legend, after Jimmy Seed's grandson, is coming out to condemn the regime.

Yes of course H, agree, having the relative of another Addicks legend speaking out against the regime is a coup, of course it is, but I cannot agree on boycotting it serves no purpose and simply does not work.
    Well it works for me. The thought of giving him another penny makes me feel physically sick. So not going makes me feel slightly better. So it "works" for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Agree with you @Greenie on the boycott but central point is relative of another Valley legend, after Jimmy Seed's grandson, is coming out to condemn the regime.

Yes of course, thats the main reason I asked Julie to put her name to our conversations which she agreed to do. She also has told me once the business of certain football managers is sorted in the press she has contacts that are prepared to pick up the baton (no pun intended) and run with it.
    It seems a certain newspaper might be starting work earlier then expected. :)
  • Just been sent this, can admin make this members only, please.;)

Julie Munro
    Just posted on Charlton chat lol don't know how long it will stay tho- I'm sure the telegraph will have plenty to say come Sunday on the protest
  • If there was a complete boycott even if for only a couple of matches that would be a protest in its self. The media would slaughter RD and it might also put the football governing bodies under the micro scope with regard to proper and fit owners.

The SMT couldn't pass off a mass boycott as they currently try with general protests.

Unfortunately it will not happen because of the don't spoil my afternoon brigade.
  • If there was a complete boycott even if for only a couple of matches that would be a protest in its self. The media would slaughter RD and it might also put the football governing bodies under the micro scope with regard to proper and fit owners.

The SMT couldn't pass off a mass boycott as they currently try with general protests.

Unfortunately it will not happen because of the don't spoil my afternoon brigade.

I doubt Roland could care less if there was a total boycott.
  • stonemuse said:

If there was a complete boycott even if for only a couple of matches that would be a protest in its self. The media would slaughter RD and it might also put the football governing bodies under the micro scope with regard to proper and fit owners.

I doubt Roland could care less if there was a total boycott.
    He has reacted to bad publicity already and I'm sure the media would go to town on him in the aftermath of an empty stadium.

You can also equally argue that he isn't to bothered about what fans think but he might think differently about a completely empty stadium. There would be pictures of that all over Europe and major headlines here.
  • They would just issue thousands of comps. Add in the people who wouldn't take part and there would be no significant difference.
  • Please see Julie Munro's message at top of page. .. and

"Would have been their birthday today"
  • edited November 2016
    Wasn't it Sailor Brown who, on the formation of the Valley Party, stepped forward to publicly support us at the TV launch?

I missed Julie's fine message first time round. Obviously she's a chip off the old block.
  • Are the Museum after them? @Henry Irving
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Are the Museum after them? @Henry Irving

Thinking about it.

It's a nice collection of autographs and linked to a famous player but it's a lot of money to spend.

Our purchase policy is focus on 1947 and earlier items so it fits into that but we do have player signatures from that era.

It's a difficult one.
  • Just spoke to Julie, they were sold in 2003 by Sailor Brown at another Auction. She's digging out the auction reciept to compare to what they may sell this time. I'd love to be able to help out financially, but sadly not at this moment.
  • T.C.E said:

Just spoke to Julie, they were sold in 2003 by Sailor Brown at another Auction. She's digging out the auction reciept to compare to what they may sell this time. I'd love to be able to help out financially, but sadly not at this moment.

Would be interesting to know the price.

Don't worry about helping out. We have some money in the bank and can afford them, assuming they stay at around that price. Just a question of priorities.
  • Please see the message at top