Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dash Cams

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options

What's a dash cam?

Ask your chauffeur. ;)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

How come you're so angry Dave?

He's Scottish
    I'm eagerly awaiting @cafcdave123 to retort "See you Jimmy...."
  • Options
    Talal said:

These days you gotta watch out for those buggers that reverse into you or stop so you go into them so they can make a claim. Had that to me recently though he was just a shit driver and no details needed to be exchanged.

I did a job with a debt collector recently who had one fitted. He told me that he had some Herbert's reverse into him at the lights and then get out rubbing their necks. He pointed at the cam and they pissed off pretty quick. He also said he left it on whilst his car was being serviced and could prove his car was worked on for an hour less than the invoice said which saved him a decent wedge. I keep meaning to get one.
  • Options
    This guy does lots of reviews.

http://www.techmoan.com/guide-to-dashcams/

Has a whole you tube channel full of reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan

Also the forum for dashcams is here. Everything you need to know.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/
  • Options
    Here from the argument thread where people have been disrespecting my username - great stuff gents. I love the fast angry flair ups, and this was a good one
  • Options
    ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Here from the argument thread where people have been disrespecting my username - great stuff gents. I love the fast angry flair ups, and this was a good one

Piss off Cobbles.
  • Options

What's a dash cam?

Really?
  • Options

What's a dash cam?

Evidence the Police will use against you if you cause an accident.
  • Options

Christ, I was going to ask on here about the best kind of fertiliser for my Rhododendrons but I am now scared of sparking up WWIII.

Bullsh*te.................. Just wait around this dispenser for next delivery and apply liberally. ;)
  • Options
    Don't think a dash cam would look good in my DB11, and if any c*** reverses into me they'll have more than a f***ing sore neck!!
  • Options
    This really is a golden age.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    In Russia they are mandatory. If you're a sad bastard like me, look up Russian car crashes on YouTube. They are completely nuts.
  • Options
    It's the last prime minister when he's got the trots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently popular in the Dartford Heath area
  • Options
    Got this one a few years ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-Night-Vision-Car-DVR-Vehicle-Camera-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-/171967721093?hash=item280a132e85:g:NHIAAOSw9mFWHSg3

The picture quality is actually very good for a cheap cam. It can record in continuous mode or with movement sensor. It can be used with 12v connector or even plug in an old motorola charger and this will provide suitable power. I have it on whilst driving but also have it on whilst parked in iffy places (i.e at home).

I have used it at home to check what the animals get up to whilst i'm at work (always wondered why my sofa cushions were on the floor when i got in, filthy little dog, tut tut) and again focused on the garden to see what wildlife came through during the day (or night). It takes a cheap SD memory card (mines 2GB) so are as big a memory as you want to spend. It records on loop in one minute segments so after 10 minutes recording it just carries on.
  • Options
    I've had a lovely time on this thread. Thanks everyone
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ChiAddick said:

In Russia they are mandatory. If you're a sad bastard like me, look up Russian car crashes on YouTube. They are completely nuts.

The videos make it seem like it is an entire nation of shit drivers looking for a fight.