Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney

Watching the England game on ITV and I have just noticed that Wayne isnt playing, you would have thought that the wonderful Clive Tyldesly or that nice Mr Hoddle would have mentioned this. Mind you I have had to nip out of the room twenty or twenty five times and they may have mentioned it then.

Comments

• Halix said:

Watching the England game on ITV and I have just noticed that Wayne isnt playing, you would have thought that the wonderful Clive TyldeslyTyldesley or that nice Mr Hoddle would have mentioned this. Mind you I have had to nip out of the room twenty or twenty five times and they may have mentioned it then.

Coz I can
  • Since Rooney's first cap, 91 players have made an England debut. More than half of those never made it to 10 caps. 21 never played again. Only Welbeck has reached 10 goals in the past decade. In the same period Rooney has scored 44 times.
  • Since Rooney's first cap, 91 players have made an England debut. More than half of those never made it to 10 caps. 21 never played again. Only Welbeck has reached 10 goals in the past decade. In the same period Rooney has scored 44 times.

And?

• I just realised England are playing tonight.
    It's like supporting Charlton.
  • iainment said:

I just realised England are playing tonight.
    It's like supporting Charlton.

That's exactly what I thought and why I didn't bother watching it!

May as well bring back Charlton and Lineker then.
  • Halix said:

Watching the England game on ITV and I have just noticed that Wayne isnt playing, you would have thought that the wonderful Clive TyldeslyTyldesley or that nice Mr Hoddle would have mentioned this. Mind you I have had to nip out of the room twenty or twenty five times and they may have mentioned it then.

Because I can.
    Three can play at that game!!

• As much as i dont particularly rate him anymore, i felt he was the only player who had any real understanding tonight of what to try to do - the rest were just headless chickens.

I agree with you, but I do rate him. He isn't the player that he was but still should be playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rooney not selected to start either through lack of form or change of tactics .. Henderson is appointed captain .. BUT .. as soon as Rooney comes on as a substitute, Henderson runs over and hands him the skipper's armband .. not good enough to start but still captain .. in my opinion .. simply ridiculous ..
  • edited October 2016
  • As much as i dont particularly rate him anymore, i felt he was the only player who had any real understanding tonight of what to try to do - the rest were just headless chickens.

I agree with you, but I do rate him. He isn't the player that he was but still should be playing.
    What position would you play him?
  • I think he is versatile enough to play any offensive position
  • In advanced talks with DC United

Fee is thought to be £12 million

Seems a lot for a MLS team to pay
  • Ruled out for Sunday with a "knee injury"

Funny that his move to DC United is confirmed for when the Window Opens and suddenly he is ruled out of Evertons last game.
  • I think he’s been on the Wayne (if you pardon the pun) since AF left United in 2013. I put his last decent season at the age of 27

What a player he was up until that point though
  • DC seems a bit random. Surely he could have his pick of MLS teams.
  • think its the right move for him now and he will be a success in the MSL
  • Nicking a living in the UK now, no loss to English football whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Regardless of where he is now, he's still the most naturally gifted English player we've had since Gazza.
  • edited November 2018
    Going to play for England against the United States in November's friendly in what will be his last cap and will be part of a fundraiser for Rooney's Charity

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11544609/wayne-rooney-to-make-one-off-england-return-vs-usa
  • 90,000 capacity stadium friendly against a non footballing nation such as USA a v tough sell this is purely to bulk the sales of that, Rooney thanks for the service but he has had his last game for England imo and was applauded for it.
  • The Football Association will not pass on any of the gate receipts from Wayne Rooney’s final England appearance to his foundation and nor does it plan to donate any fixed sum despite the match being named after his charity.

Money grabbers, only using Rooney's name to sell tickets and make more money from a meaningless friendly.
  • I can't imagine that this is Southgate's decision, is that worrying?

Because its an International Friendly I dont think we should worry too much

If though there are demands for it to happen in a proper game like the Croatia match a few days later then I'd agree that there are reasons to be concerned

If though there are demands for it to happen in a proper game like the Croatia match a few days later then I'd agree that there are reasons to be concerned
    Can't help but feel someone like Callum Wilson won't be happy!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I can't imagine that this is Southgate's decision, is that worrying?

Can't help but feel someone like Callum Wilson won't be happy!
    At the same time there wont be a limit on the number of players that Southgate can call up or use as subs