Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Pritchard

Comments

• Options
    Strange really, you'd have thought he was better than the Ryman South, but in all fairness Gary Alexander recently turned down an assistant role at Stevenage to stay on as Greenwich manager, they have a good thing going!
  • Options
    Also have Peter Sweeney and a certain Charlie McDonald on their books.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    HandG said:

Also have Peter Sweeney and a certain Charlie McDonald on their books.

His 18th club . That's impressive
  • Options

It's a funny old game.

RIP greavsie.

When did Jimmy die?
  • Options

It's a funny old game.

RIP greavsie.

Jimmy Greaves is dead???
  • Options
    Pointed this out a few weeks ago but they have a good side there. Back in the Borough as well at what was the Badgers ground in middle park plus still trying to build a new stadium in Avery Hill.
  • Options
    Pritchard was good for two seasons but then chronically lost confidence
  • Options
    When Fredrik Ulvestad signed and they described him as box to box with a good engine, i thought of Bradley; one of the fittest guys to play for CAFC.
    Where did it go wrong ?

I would say the first game of the season at Bournemouth, after he had the season with all thou assists. It wasn't Chris Powell's finest selection when for some reason Cousins and Stevens were left on the Bench and he played the old legs of Hughes and Gower in midfield against young Harry Arter and Co. This was the match when Yann got a cracker but Lewis Grabbon scored a brace. (JJ failed a late fitness test)
    Pritchard was told to play on the right and only on the right, that wasn't his game. he got so frustrated that he ended up doing a late tackle and was sent off. (in the middle of the pitch ironically after hardly any involvement in the game)
    The rest of that season, went from bad to worse as his confidence dipped and Cousins and Stevens at least until he was sold were the midfield.
    TBF to Powell this was the season when the CASH had been pulled and Chris knew we would struggle on the season before.

At the end of the season before, i chatted to Bradley and mentioned his assists. what ever figure i said, he looked at me and said i was one short.

Bradley Pritchard was a Stats man, 100% and lived the dream for a few seasons. He has another career to fall back on unlike lots of other players from the lower leagues.
  • Options
    I'm surprised he's not been snapped up by someone like Welling i.e. Damien Matthew would know him from his time with us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read somewhere that he was training to be a lawyer - perhaps he could take over as our Chief Executive!
  • Options
    B hell - I remember talking to him in Marbella, him saying that he was so fortunate to be in Pro football - lovely guy - good luck to him.
  • Options
    Terrible first touch made a player due to his engine, commitment, energy i would have thought the fact he knew he was at the right club at the right time to get a chance to play league football for a limited period he was brilliant to have around the place,

I found him a refreshing change to mant pro footballers I had the displeasure of meeting genuine nice fella
  • Options
    sm said:

Read somewhere that he was training to be a lawyer - perhaps he could take over as our Chief Executive!

I was just thinking myself that he's signed for Greenwich Borough because he's found a decent job outside of League football.
    If he's gone back to studying/training, that would explain everything.

Bright lad, Bradley Pritchard - good education and ambitious.
    Not for him pinning all his hopes on a season at Accrington.

• Options
    sm said:

He could be one of those people who decided that his career outside of football was his priority, rather than going around the country, signing short term deals with struggling L2 teams

• Options
    He struggles when our pitch was a quagmire. Played better away I believe.
  • Options
    I have a feeling Pritchard may go on to great things in his career either a manager or administrator in football. I think he has that kind of energy for some reason.
  • Options
    His sudden decline is as odd as that of Poyet. When I saw him at Craven Cottage, he looked Premier League class and there were rumours that Villa were after him. When I saw him a year later as a sub at the Valley I didn't recognise him as the same player. He looked like he had lost a lot of weight and had grown his hair. He looked far too lightweight and didn't seem to want to get involved in the action. It was very strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well he had the dream, I doubt anyone on here can talk about playing at that level.

Now he gets the option to continue normal life.
  • Options
    Glad as well though Pritchard has no intention of retiring or giving up playing at a higher level either
  • Options

Didnt know where else to put this yet a good insight into Out of Contract Players which includes a player who went out to India (Sort of explains why Johnson did it) and whats happening with Bradley Pritchard...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10610023/out-of-contract-sky-sports-originals-follows-five-footballers160in-search-of-a-club

Good read that. Couple of players that were connected with us. Sordell and Sanoupe.
  • Options
    He's almost too nice, intelligent and sensible for modern day football but hopefully he'll get a deal in January. Actually we could do worse than having him back right now given the state of the midfield.
  • Options

Talal said:

He's almost too nice, intelligent and sensible for modern day football but hopefully he'll get a deal in January. Actually we could do worse than having him back right now given the state of the midfield.

It would never happen - the Interim CEO would see him as a major threat to her position as legal eagle no 1.
    Has a CEO ever played for a Club?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Talal said:

It would never happen - the Interim CEO would see him as a major threat to her position as legal eagle no 1.
    Has a CEO ever played for a Club?
    Waggot was on Newcastle and Hull's book