Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bloody hooligans and 2%'ers
  • Looking forward to that CARD response to the invite. Not that in a million years KM would ever turn up for the meeting...
  • Nah fuck em!
  • Note the club's reply says "challenge for promotion". Isn't that already a downgrade of what they said over the Summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen big Tony in Matalan's bulk buying underpants. ;)
  • Well this is a turn up for the books. Question is what will CARD do? In any dispute, Union/Employer, NI, South Africa, it was talks in the end that moved the dispute forward one way or another. Its not for me to tell either side what to do, and this could be looked at 2 ways-:
    A cynical attempt by the club to say " we offered to talk to CARD but they turned us down" or
    CARD has finally exerted enough pressure to force them to talk.

Difficult decision now to be made by CARD, however if I was advising, (which I'm not), what harm is there in talking, if it turns out to be a publicity stunt Im sure it will be seen through, if however it is a genuine basis to start talks then maybe, just maybe CARD are winning.
    Just my opinion based on many years of watching disputes eventually settled by talking.

I know many wont agree with me, but I would see what they want before dismissing it. Beginning of the end?
  • I'm sure their request for a meeting is as genuine as Merde's reply to Peter Varney, that is if a genuine request actually exists and it's not just PR bullshit as usual.
  • Unfortunately it's in the Daily Mail so everything in the article can automatically be rubbished.

Hahahahaha! Now THAT is original comedy.
  • This has the hallmark of the PR machine written all over it as if CARD decline the offer then NightMeire can say that she has held out the olive branch.

• Still trotting out the usual crap about the protests impacting results. With the dismal tailspin Captain Slade has us trapped in, they better hope the protestors turn up in force as its proven that we do much, much better when they are there.

The players at least have something to react to rather than the portly, sanctimonious headmaster boring them to tears.
  • We should only attend any such meeting if Roly is there.

with biscuits and tea....
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited October 2016
    Good article from the Mail.

It was good to be reminded of Meire accusing Charlton supporters of committing criminal offences against her. I had forgotten about that.

'Over the summer we have worked hard to start rebuilding the club'. That pre season was the SMT working hard ? The squad is thin and undercooked. The pre season diabolical. No lessons appeared to have been learned there. Its just PR bullshit.

'A Charlton Athetic spokesperson confirmed the club has written to CARD to invite the group to meet with the club's Senior Management Team at The Valley:

If they can live screen / make that that meeting open and not pre vet the questions. Maybe running a what question, would Charlton supporters most to like to ask them most thread might help. Would Meire and the SMT open themselves to directly critical questions with an agenda on which they don't have control, ? That I find very doubtful.

It is more likely to be just public relations / roll out the platitudes management to try and look good to the media and the EFL. Sending the email out at 6pm yesterday and announcing it that they have made an approach the next day does make it look like just a publicity gimmick without any substance.
  • nothing will change until rd sells