Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Thread starts here.

First International starts in 48 hours with an ODI against Bangladesh. Gone are the days when we could write the smaller cricket nations off.

P S Can't see the button to select category so its in "General Charlton" by default. Apologies to you non cricket fans!

Comments

• Not much of a warm up schedule, a single match against a BCB Select XI
  • Haven't Bangladesh won their last 8 ODI's at home on the bounce?
  • Well, they lost one to Afghanistan the other day, so no
  • Leuth said:

Well, they lost one to Afghanistan the other day, so no

At home?
  • shame that TMS aren't there for this. The Bangladesh cricket board wanted for four times the amount of money that is usually paid for the coverage.
  • Pedro45 said:

Leuth said:

At home?
    Pretty certain it was, yeah. I don't think many teams visit Afghanistan.
  • Leuth said:

Pedro45 said:

Leuth said:

At home?
    Pretty certain it was, yeah. I don't think many teams visit Afghanistan.
    Ok, I stand corrected....
  • Hope they open with Duckett and have Vince at 3.
  • Thankfully Rashid looked nice and refreshed after his Yorkshire exertions.
  • MrOneLung said:

Thankfully Rashid looked nice and refreshed after his Yorkshire exertions.

Yes, see Englands best spinner had a good game again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not much of a warm up schedule, a single match against a BCB Select XI

Cook to the team......

OK guys do you want an extra 2 weeks in Bangladesh or shall we just get this over with? Show of hands please.
  • MrOneLung said:

Thankfully Rashid looked nice and refreshed after his Yorkshire exertions.

Yes, see Englands best spinner had a good game again.
    He's a big game player. Apart from when Yorkshire need him that is.
  • shame that TMS aren't there for this. The Bangladesh cricket board wanted for four times the amount of money that is usually paid for the coverage.

Really annoys me - I'm in France so I just get the youtube coverage for home tests - no 5Live Extra 'due to broadcasting rights issues' - but youtube says there are only 200 or so listening. The rights for Europe can't be that expensive for so few people and so few serious cricketing countries? And the beeb get the ad revenue... Is it on Talksport or nowhere then?

• A Charlton flag will be in India.
  • edited October 2016

A Charlton flag will be in India.

Marvellous!

Hope it mentions RD and Meire in some way ?

I can flag you now if you don't want to wait
  • South Africa have just chased down 372 in their 3rd ODI against Australia!

That makes it 3-0 to S A and the last two ODIs in the series are, therefore, dead rubbers. Stuffed by Sri Lanka in the Test series, thrashed by S A in the ODIs - no one likes to see the Aussies on their knees.

That makes it 3-0 to S A and the last two ODIs in the series are, therefore, dead rubbers. Stuffed by Sri Lanka in the Test series, thrashed by S A in the ODIs - no one likes to see the Aussies on their knees.

Yes, great innings by Miller - very good player.
    One interesting thing i noticed from that game is that Aus openers Warner bats left handed but throws right handed whereas Finch bats right-handed but throws left-handed. !

I'll get me coat.

One interesting thing i noticed from that game is that Aus openers Warner bats left handed but throws right handed whereas Finch bats right-handed but throws left-handed. !

I'll get me coat.
    Is this from the Boring Milner Twitter
    Feed ?

Of greater interest is Samit Patel that bowls left arm and throws right arm
  • Sponsored links:

• Seb is right handed when he bats, right handed when he throws and right right handed when he bowls but is left footed - which doesn't make it easy for him to kick the ball away from the stumps.
  • If England played a four man attack of Stokes, Moeen, Jimmy and Broad then they would have four right handed bowlers who bat left handed.
  • Woakes or Finn ruin it for everyone really.
  • wmcf123 said:

South Africa have just chased down 372 in their 3rd ODI against Australia!

I'll get me coat.
    Feed ?

More importantly, which hand does Samit prefer when it comes to eating...
  • wmcf123 said:

South Africa have just chased down 372 in their 3rd ODI against Australia!

I'll get me coat.
    Feed ?

More importantly, which hand does Samit prefer when it comes to eating...
    Anyone seen that scene from Beethoven the movie when the dog and owner are in a burger eating contest ? I have in mind Samit, Igor, Novak and Peter Garland doing the same. More entertaining than watching Charlton, no doubt
  • Canters, pm'd you.
  • If England played a four man attack of Stokes, Moeen, Jimmy and Broad then they would have four right handed bowlers who bat left handed.

In fact, if it wasn't for the quota system operated by England, we could have a whole team of left handed bat/right handed bowlers:

Cook
    Lyth
    Ballance
    Morgan
    Ali
    Stokes
    Borthwick
    Mustard
    Tredwell
    Broad
    Anderson

In fact, if it wasn't for the quota system operated by England, we could have a whole team of left handed bat/right handed bowlers:

Cook
    Lyth
    Ballance
    Morgan
    Ali
    Stokes
    Borthwick
    Mustard
    Tredwell
    Broad
    Anderson
    I wouldn't blame the quota system for that team not getting picked :P
  • England win toss and elect to bat.

Duckett (will bat at 3) and Ball make their debuts.

Tough gig for Buttler to keep and skipper. Don't understand why they don't give the gloves to Bairstow and allow Buttler to concentrate on the captaincy.

• For those interested, the game is being shown free to air on sky sports mix. Sky channel 407