Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fitbit

Comments

• Curb_It said:

And I love mine too. Good gadget without being too difficult to work and I'm still using it constantly after getting it for Christmas. I've walked 990 miles, to New Zealand.

To New Zealand? From where?
    Fitbit knows where you live.
  • Curb_It said:

And I love mine too. Good gadget without being too difficult to work and I'm still using it constantly after getting it for Christmas. I've walked 990 miles, to New Zealand.

Putting me to shame!
  • Curb_It said:

Think it might mean that Curb it has walked the length of New Zealand.
  • Curb_It said:

So you'd better do what it tells ya...

Curb_It said:

Quite, if it's only 990 miles from London to New Zealand, that 24 hr Singapore Airlines flight I took to Auckland must have taken a more convoluted route than your average unlicensed mini-cab driver.
    My Fitbit doesnt tell me what to do. But my wife's Fitbit does. If she sits doing nothing for two hours, it beeps and tells her to get up offa that thing and do at least 250 steps. And invariably, she obeys. I am very jealous of her Fitbit.

• edited September 2016

Curb_It said:

So you'd better do what it tells ya...

Curb_It said:

Quite, if it's only 990 miles from London to New Zealand, that 24 hr Singapore Airlines flight I took to Auckland must have taken a more convoluted route than your average unlicensed mini-cab driver.
    My Fitbit doesnt tell me what to do. But my wife's Fitbit does. If she sits doing nothing for two hours, it beeps and tells her to get up offa that thing and do at least 250 steps. And invariably, she obeys. I am very jealous of her Fitbit.

I have the charge HR and it doesn't give me instructions. It would be useful though. I do have an app on my iPhone though that buzzes every 45 mins or so to remind me to move about a bit.

I realised my fitbit wasn't syncing with my phone properly last week so I didn't even register in the competition, but had I, I would have been plumb last in Derby County style proportions. I am 6'4" so have a longer than average stride, but even then, on a work day, even with a lunch time walk and an evening dog walk I struggle to get much beyond 7500 steps. On a weekend if I'm pottering around the house, or can get on a proper dog walk, I can get nearer to 12,500. I'd have to be walking all day to get the numbers some of you lot do.

Edit, of course I could just cheat and wave my arm around as it seems to count that even if I'm sitting down.
  • @Exiled_Addick

You've dodged a bullet, not joining the group. Despite meeting my 10k steps each day his week, I face relegation. Right now I am 3rd from the bottom, but the two people below me have not synched for hours.

I think I am going to resign and hand my place to my brother in law. He will "crush" them all. He's a postman. He does 125k steps a week. And by the heavens, has he lost weight since he took on that job. It isn't just hype, this stuff works.
  • I used to be able to average 15k+ steps per day during the work week when I worked up town, alas now:

(a) I work from home predominantly (I may begin working from an office for 2 days a week or so next week);
    (b) I order shopping online and rarely need to go out;
    (c) I live right on a town center, so if I drag myself out for coffee I usually only walk a few hundred yards at best.

I bought a FitBit a few weeks ago, mainly to track my sleep (which is atrocious) but I've now realised just how sedentary my lifestyle is. I go to the gym 3x a week but realise that probably isn't enough still! Struggling to make excuses to leave the house at the moment, and going out on the lash with friends is probably the most exercise I'm getting..
  • Curb_It said:

I was wondering if it's the total amount of steps they've done in 4 days? I don't get the second Column

I think the second column may be the last time they have updated data.
    Correct... Yet thats only over two days... the Workweek Hustle challenge is only from Monday to Friday
    effectively a day and a half when I posted that up.

My 10k steps a day is no match for this lot. I managed to take three of them out last evening by walking around the room while talking on the phone, but then I sat down to get my fix of Scandi-drama, and within an hour was back in the relegation zone :-)

are you dino?

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Putting me to shame!
    No I got mine in December so I am 4 months ahead of you so you are doing very well. I do a lot of walking and I was faffed off as I did some mountain and coastal walks in Corfu last week - and my fitbit had run out as I was supposed to have packed my charger. I hate not being able to log it. I found my charger when I opened up my suitcase to go home.

What one beeps you?? Mine tells me its time to get ready for bed.

• kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

I was wondering if it's the total amount of steps they've done in 4 days? I don't get the second Column

Correct... Yet thats only over two days... the Workweek Hustle challenge is only from Monday to Friday

My 10k steps a day is no match for this lot. I managed to take three of them out last evening by walking around the room while talking on the phone, but then I sat down to get my fix of Scandi-drama, and within an hour was back in the relegation zone :-)

are you dino?

I wish. He's 10k ahead of me. Actually I am not bottom. But Kinga, who is, has not synched for a day. Soon as she does, I am toast.

• i'm Dino and so's my wife !

but i really am
  • @Exiled_Addick

You've dodged a bullet, not joining the group. Despite meeting my 10k steps each day his week, I face relegation. Right now I am 3rd from the bottom, but the two people below me have not synched for hours.

I think I am going to resign and hand my place to my brother in law. He will "crush" them all. He's a postman. He does 125k steps a week. And by the heavens, has he lost weight since he took on that job. It isn't just hype, this stuff works.

I did join but I guess I got kicked back off again because my fitbit wasn't syncing so I didn't register a single step in the competition.
  • I would have joined buy had no idea how as I'm a luddite...
  • kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

are you dino?

I wish. He's 10k ahead of me. Actually I am not bottom. But Kinga, who is, has not synched for a day. Soon as she does, I am toast.

kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

are you dino?

Kinga is on holiday in Burma so either she hasn't got wifi or she is travelling. She is back at work next week.
  • kimbo said:

kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

are you dino?

kimbo said:

Curb_It said:

are you dino?

Kinga is on holiday in Burma so either she hasn't got wifi or she is travelling. She is back at work next week.
    Well that saved me from finishing bottom :-)

Is there going to be another Weekend Warrior this weekend? I've got to provide all the walks for the dog, and boy does she walk. I might actually finish half way up...

• Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

Putting me to shame!
    No I got mine in December so I am 4 months ahead of you so you are doing very well. I do a lot of walking and I was faffed off as I did some mountain and coastal walks in Corfu last week - and my fitbit had run out as I was supposed to have packed my charger. I hate not being able to log it. I found my charger when I opened up my suitcase to go home.

What one beeps you?? Mine tells me its time to get ready for bed.
    How frustrating! Same happened to me in Vienna, battery went at over 28,000 steps that day.
    I get really annoyed that it doesn't really log the cycling I do as steps, but at least it counts in the active hours for the fat burning and workout. I do quite a lot of walking but it has really motivated me to push myself - infact, I think I am killing myself! I also found it so revealing how little sleep I was having and how many times I am restless each night! Explains why I felt tired all the time.
    Not sure what the 'beep' is? Am I missing a reminder function?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Passed the 4 millions steps for the year, last week, over 2000 miles so far. Approaching 10 million steps since getting my jawboneup24 in under 21 months.
  • Passed the 4 millions steps for the year, last week, over 2000 miles so far. Approaching 10 million steps since getting my jawboneup24 in under 21 months.

Can't believe you haven't sent a postcard yet G!! :-(
  • edited September 2016
    I've got the Samsung gear 2 and it's absolutely brilliant. So accurate, has gps built in so you can go running without your phone with a big enough internal memory to save music. Takes your heart rate regularly in the background and populates all of these stats on Samsung s health, where you can compare your previous days/weeks etc, and you will also be given a comparison with your age/gender group and against users overall.

Love it. Just don't drop it like my girlfriend did or it breaks completely...
  • Hit the 10 million steps mark today in 662 day, averaging over 15,000 steps a day.
  • If anyone's interested I've started a Charlton Life group on Fitbit: https://www.fitbit.com/group/22YQNJ
  • I'm in. Only because I am having a very good walking week as on a bit of a dry out health kick.. those stats wont last.

• I'm in. Had a poor week after coming off the bike last weekend but got out yesterday for a couple of hours and play nights going on walking up o'er t'moors today
  • Fitbit lost in Sofia. Would say it was pick pocketed but the IPhone was in the same pocket. Damn, might not have come bottom of this Weekend Warrior