Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gazza

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37406549

Sorry but way over the top in my eyes.... political correctness blah blah

Comments

• If people got up and walked out over his 1st joke then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place. It's hardly Bernard Manning!
  • Swisdom said:

If people got up and walked out over his 1st joke then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place. It's hardly Bernard Manning!

?
  • Police involvement in this case seems excessive; he should have just had to walk off the stage in utter shame to a completely silent audience, and had his cut withheld
  • Leuth said:

Police involvement in this case seems excessive; he should have just had to walk off the stage in utter shame to a completely silent audience, and had his cut withheld

So mild! When I saw you had posted I had my itchy "Flag" finger ready!

I don't know what UK laws are around this, so I'll comment with "It's a sh*t thing to say."
  • What has the alcoholic wife beating c**t been wrongfully accused of?

Remember that goal in Euro 96 tho. Ahhhh.......

Remember that goal in Euro 96 tho. Ahhhh.......
    Fuck off, that makes it worse for me!
  • Ridiculous case. Why couldn't they have just let it go ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeez.. I do a bit of work for his after dinner speaker agent, who happens to be black, I'll ask his views on it next time I see him
  • Being branded a racist ( which I don't believe he is for one minute ) is the last of Gazza's problems .
    The so called football family should be helping him throughout his problems .

I can only imagine how many ex-footballers have really difficult times adjusting to life after football for any number of reasons. Because they weren't as good as Gazza we don't hear about them (Dallian Atkinson before his death to name but one). There have been a lot of former pros (and as I understand it various organizations) who have tried to help Gazza without success. That is not to blame Gazza, he has from what I've read various mental health issues that he cannot control. But it seems that his problems are so severe that football in whatever capacity as some sort of unified entity is simply not set up to help.
  • Pretty poor taste joke from Gazza, but I am not sure that the police should be getting involved in something that like that - I mean is that really a race hate crime?

On your second point, I believe he has already had a lot of help from the likes of Gary Mabbut and Chris Evans, but he always seems to end up back at square one. As others have already said on here, addiction is a very powerful and complex issue, and certainly it looks like Gazza is losing his battle at the minute.

To your broader point though, you could easily argue that it was Italia 90 and the Gazza tears, that really brought the mainstream British public back in love with football again, and that the success of Sky and the PL has been built on the back of that.

I remember the pre-Sky days when the likes of Carl Leaburn and Tommy Caton, would frequently be seen getting the Number 75 bus to games at Selhurst park - imagine that these days!!
  • But who drove and who collected the fares?
  • Pretty poor taste joke from Gazza, but I am not sure that the police should be getting involved in something that like that - I mean is that really a race hate crime?

On your second point, I believe he has already had a lot of help from the likes of Gary Mabbut and Chris Evans, but he always seems to end up back at square one. As others have already said on here, addiction is a very powerful and complex issue, and certainly it looks like Gazza is losing his battle at the minute.

To your broader point though, you could easily argue that it was Italia 90 and the Gazza tears, that really brought the mainstream British public back in love with football again, and that the success of Sky and the PL has been built on the back of that.

I remember the pre-Sky days when the likes of Carl Leaburn and Tommy Caton, would frequently be seen getting the Number 75 bus to games at Selhurst park - imagine that these days!!

Leaburn was often late claiming he'd missed the bus. No one ever questioned him.
  • I don't get it
  • Is Paul Ince's story about Gazza saying he looked like a pint of Guinness when he got a head injury in that nil nil in Italy a race hate crime too?
  • I don't get it

Leaburn - Missing things
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Is Paul Ince's story about Gazza saying he looked like a pint of Guinness when he got a head injury in that nil nil in Italy a race hate crime too?

sssshhh .. this could turn into another multi thousand pound crime fine or six months inside
  • Carter said:

Is Paul Ince's story about Gazza saying he looked like a pint of Guinness when he got a head injury in that nil nil in Italy a race hate crime too?

No it isn't a 'race hate' crime. Neither was Gazza's. It was racially aggravated abuse. You don't have to hate to abuse.
  • edited September 2016
    Gazza could at times be a genius on the pitch, but has always been a boy
    off the pitch. The Adult world have always been a step too far for Paul.
    The players union and Ex team mates have tried to help on so many occasions but YOU have to be able to help yourself.

The Raoul Moat episode When Gascoigne, after having lines of Coke,
    turned up in his dressing grown, with a fishing rod and a food delivery for his "Mate"; showed that Gazza was a couple of chicken wings short of the Bargain bucket.

The comments made by Paul may of come from our own Jim Davidson's act from 35 years ago, but that is where Gazza wants to be; a 14 year old boy with no Responsibility.
    Because the truth is, Gazza never stopped being a 14 year old Kid.

Leaburn was often late claiming he'd missed the bus. No one ever questioned him.
    I remember him hitting a few buses when playing in the reserves at Welling.

Gazza beat up his missus, but never got sent off for England.

Beckham got sent off twice. Maybe if Becks gave posh a bit of a slap we might have won the world cup.

(I reckon 5 flags by this afternoon.)
    i reckon if he gave posh a good shoeing id respect him a bit more
  • Sad state of affair when harmless jokes are taken to this extreme. It's all about context but that seems to be a missed point in this day and age.
  • Gazza could at times be a genius on the pitch, but has always been a boy
    The players union and Ex team mates have tried to help on so many occasions but YOU have to be able to help yourself.

turned up in his dressing grown, with a fishing rod and a food delivery for his "Mate"; showed that Gazza was a couple of chicken wings short of the Bargain bucket.

The comments made by Paul may of come from our own Jim Davidson's act from 35 years ago, but that is where Gazza wants to be; a 14 year old boy with no Responsibility.

You know he is bipolar right ?
  • shine166 said:

Gazza could at times be a genius on the pitch, but has always been a boy

You know he is bipolar right ?
    Yeah he is,

No I'm not

Alright, you got me

Bollocks is he

:blush:

• Diane Abbott gets away with Racist comments all the time

Double standards