Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking near the o2

Chaps,

I'm being taken along to Monty Python on Friday at the O2. Official parking is around £25, which I could do without spending.

Does anyone know anywhere near'ish I can park for free? I could chance is in the Sainsburys car park if I don't find anything

Comments

• RevRufus said:

Chaps,

I'm being taken along to Monty Python on Friday at the O2. Official parking is around £25, which I could do without spending.

Does anyone know anywhere near'ish I can park for free? I could chance is in the Sainsburys car park if I don't find anything

not free but cheaper, if you got to the Holiday Inn Express just down the road they have car park, prices might of gone up since I was last there but it was under a tenner
  • North Greenwich Underground car park is a lot cheaper & is even closer. I think it was £11, when I went a few months ago. Pay by card. If you park close to the entrance/exit, you can also make a quick get a way.
  • Again, not free but N Greenwich station should be cheaper.
  • Your best bet is to park at the Odeon cinema (It's free) and get a bus/walk to north greenwich, it's only a 5 min. bus ride or a 15/20. min. stroll to the 02.

The maximum time you can park there is 4 or 5 hours though, so just double check The prices near the 02 are an absolute disgrace, far too expensive.
  • edited July 2014
    Park in tunnel avenue, down by the old tunnel refineries. Cross over the foot bridge by the entrance to blackwall tunnel. It's free. Or past the pilot pub west park side and jump on a bus.
  • When you pull up at the car park, they'll ask you what you're there for, say you're there for the cinema and you'll pay the regular tariff. Not particularly cheap but a lot cheaper than £25.
  • Lurker said:

When you pull up at the car park, they'll ask you what you're there for, say you're there for the cinema and you'll pay the regular tariff. Not particularly cheap but a lot cheaper than £25.

you then have to show a cinema ticket to get out later on
  • Park halfway down tunnel avenue, cross the footbridge which brings you out by the cinema/nandos, 10 min walk
  • do NOT park in sainsburys trust me!
  • You could kill two birds with one stone here , I know of a good dogging spot nearby PM for dets
  • Sponsored links:

• Anchor and Hope pub. Couple of pints and a cab.
    £ 5 E/W
  • Park by The Valley walk to the station and jump on the bus
  • North Greenwich Underground car park is a lot cheaper & is even closer. I think it was £11, when I went a few months ago. Pay by card. If you park close to the entrance/exit, you can also make a quick get a way.

It's now £18 at the station. Better, but if there is somewhere I can park for free and walk I'll do that
  • Park in tunnel avenue, down by the old tunnel refineries. Cross over the foot bridge by the entrance to blackwall tunnel. It's free. Or past the pilot pub west park side and jump on a bus.

Could be a good shout! How far walk is that?
  • Lurker said:

When you pull up at the car park, they'll ask you what you're there for, say you're there for the cinema and you'll pay the regular tariff. Not particularly cheap but a lot cheaper than £25.

Not sure if you're joking... but you need to show a cinema ticket if you want to claim free parking for being a cineworld customer but doubt that would work here as it's 4 hours max.

Just need to use the pay and display machines dotted around.
  • Lurker said:

Lurker said:

This. They will ask to see your cinema ticket
  • Lurker said:

Lurker said:

Who will? You go to the ticket machine and pay, there is no one to ask to see your ticket. The o2 is full of bars and restaurants, cable car, underground station, clubs - there's loads there. Anyone can park there, the concert parking is just a trick to get people to pay more.
  • Lurker said:

Lurker said:

Who will? You go to the ticket machine and pay, there is no one to ask to see your ticket. The o2 is full of bars and restaurants, cable car, underground station, clubs, a university - there's loads there. Anyone can park there, the concert parking is just a trick to get people to pay more.

Little tip, if you lose your car park ticket, you can get a ticket for £5 from the machine inside the ticket office.
  • Lurker said:

Lurker said:

Lurker said:

Who will? You go to the ticket machine and pay, there is no one to ask to see your ticket. The o2 is full of bars and restaurants, cable car, underground station, clubs - there's loads there. Anyone can park there, the concert parking is just a trick to get people to pay more.
    My recollection is that when it happened to me about a year ago, you had to get your ticket electronically checked in the cabin before the boom would rise.
    Also, if your ticket was timed after 6 , i think, then you are regarded as a O2 visitor and charged accordingly.
    I could be wrong though, but i certainly got caught with the cinema parking for sure. (Luckily, we had gone to the cinema).
  • Sponsored links:

• Can one still park in the station car park and save a few quid as opposed to the O2 car park?

Not been for a while but heard a rumour that the station bump their prices up the evening?

Any other suggestions?
  • Since they build all the new flats around West / East Parkside you can't park around there anymore. I would say Anchor and Hope Lane and get the bus back to the O2.
  • Can one still park in the station car park and save a few quid as opposed to the O2 car park?

Not been for a while but heard a rumour that the station bump their prices up the evening?

Any other suggestions?

I always park in the Station car park, it is still there and plenty of room whenever I go. The machines are always on the blink though so be prepared to pay by card and others that park in there always seem to get confused how to work the machines so be prepared to wait in a line.

Any other suggestions?

Went about a month ago & the prices have gone up. It's still much cheaper than the O2 car park. Open a dash a/c, & you pay the advance price which is automatically debited. It's much cheaper & works on reg no recognition, so you don't have to faff around paying on the night. Also, park near to the exit & be the first one out.

https://ukparking.dashcardservices.com/dashtube/client/tube2home.aspx
  • I used North Greenwich twice over the weekend.
    Saturday after the game cost me £11 (£25 if you get there after 7pm) and Sunday morning at 11am was £6
  • Park at the Odeon and jump on any bus to O2.. Makes getting home much easier as not fighting to exit car park
  • edited September 2016
    I take my yacht up the river and weigh anchor right outside the Tent
  • Drive to Canada Water and make the most of a surplus of free parking before jumping on the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich.
  • I take my yacht up the river and weigh anchor at poo bay

• Park at the Odeon and jump on any bus to O2.. Makes getting home much easier as not fighting to exit car park

Alternatively, 20 min walk