Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• cabbles said:

Rooney is so bad now - £300,000 a week for that.

This. A complete pile of shite that has been hiding since AF quit. I find it abhorrent that he stills gets to wear the England shirt.

He should be at West Brom or somewhere now given his decline in ability and physique
    They've spent £90m on a guy who they are playing out of position to accommodate him too. Crazy.

Thought Mourinho might have the guts to bin Rooney but I guess not.

They look a mile behind the likes of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Man City.
    Agreed. I think Mourinho will drop him though. Watching the Sunderland game I think Rooney should be loaned out to them, about his level now. He befits a player playing for a team struggling at the wrong end of the table
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Rooney is so bad now - £300,000 a week for that.

This. A complete pile of shite that has been hiding since AF quit. I find it abhorrent that he stills gets to wear the England shirt.

He should be at West Brom or somewhere now given his decline in ability and physique
    They've spent £90m on a guy who they are playing out of position to accommodate him too. Crazy.

Thought Mourinho might have the guts to bin Rooney but I guess not.

They look a mile behind the likes of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Man City.
    Agreed. I think Mourinho will drop him though. Watching the Sunderland game I think Rooney should be loaned out to them, about his level now. He befits a player playing for a team struggling at the wrong end of the table
    Think he might not even be good enough for them!!

You'd think someone like Herrera or Blind in midfield with Pogba given a bit more freedom would be an obvious move.
  • Female-like
    Male-loathe
  • The bloke is a complete tosser - boring to listen to his stream of excuses.
  • The worrying for Jose is that he is normally a quick fixer, and then things start to unravel when players get bored/frustrated with his rigid planning and repititive approach.

It is unusual for him to oversee such a slow start, and I am sure that he will have to start making some big decisions very soon.

As others have said, Rooney is a busted flush and I cannot understand how others cannot see that. It seems obvious that Ibra and Rashford would dovetail nicely as a partnership.

Elsewhere they lack a quality defensive midfielder that can dictate the play, and I would say they also need an experienced centre back to help Baily - Smalling is the new Joleon Lescott.

Interesting times ahead at United, as their failure is exacerbated by the early success of their noisy neighbours!!

• Loathe.

I heard him one described as "a winner, nothing more, nothing less". So, as soon as he stops winning, he's got nothing to fall back on.

He suits Man United. I hope they're together a long, long time.
  • Mourinho needs to make a statement to say, "Right, this is my club now and I am doing it my way."

To think that they are pissing around with Pogba - a genuinely world-class player in order to accommodate that fat, prostitute granny shagging, monosyllabic Scouse twat is incredible.

The front three should clearly be Ibra and Rashford with Pogba in behind them, you've got two greyhounds there and Ibra's goal scoring + aerial power.

Rooney cannot cut the mustard at the top level any longer, sure he can make an impact against the likes of Hull and Bournemouth but against the top EPL sides and in Europe (and for England) the bloke has all the pace of Jeremy Corbyn with a 1,000 copies of Das Kapital in his back-pack.

Rooney has to go, but has Jose got the balls to do it?
  • The Odious One.
  • He definitely needs to drop Rooney and Fellaini. Laughable how those 2 get picked ahead of Mata, Herrera and even Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know what's happened to Schneiderlin - was a very good player for Southampton.

Maybe Unitedised is the new Charltonised?
  • Don't know what's happened to Schneiderlin - was a very good player for Southampton.

Maybe Unitedised is the new Charltonised?

Guess there are some players out there who play better when they're part of a weaker squad and I guess not part of a squad who expect to win every single week as one of the better teams in the Division (i.e. Nicky Ajose with us springs to mind as a similar case)
  • Like.

United need to drop Rooney though and I'm pretty sure they will.
  • edited September 2016
    When the most famous Swedish sportsman of all time signed for United,
    (Not heard of Bjorn Borg, Zlatan ?)
    He said i'm a winner and Jose is a winner.
    Was he talking in the past tense ?
    Mourinho left Chelsea in disarray on and off the field last season.
    Why would someone at 34 sign for a team not in the champions league,
    when he believes he is the dogs bollocks ?
    A massive 2 year Million a month contract plus sighing on fee so his Grand kids never have to work in their lives.
    Don't loath Jose, but you won't get 2 years of winning Sweet FA Like Fergie
    before you will be out the door.
    American owners are more ruthless.

If you call yourself "the special one" and he was in the short term at most of his clubs, folk are waiting for you to fail.
    It's human nature.

• Mourinho needs to make a statement to say, "Right, this is my club now and I am doing it my way."

And then if he is successful he can sing 'I did it my way' to the thousands of fans after the last game of the season?
  • The Cobblers equalise v United from the penalty spot just before half time
  • From what I've seen of the 2nd half Rooney is hardly in this either. I've down graded my appraisal of him going to somewhere like West Brom. He's now looking at Port Vale or Burton
  • cabbles said:

From what I've seen of the 2nd half Rooney is hardly in this either. I've down graded my appraisal of him going to somewhere like West Brom. He's now looking at Port Vale or Burton

He's absolutely terrible - can't control a football anymore, let alone do anything with it.

Crazy how bad he is for a 30 year old who was a very good player.
  • cabbles said:

From what I've seen of the 2nd half Rooney is hardly in this either. I've down graded my appraisal of him going to somewhere like West Brom. He's now looking at Port Vale or Burton

He's absolutely terrible - can't control a football anymore, let alone do anything with it.

You could actually argue he's been done since 2013 when Ferguson retired. Got the England record granted, but that's a hollow record for me given the goals have largely come from penalties, friendlies and mediocre qualifying groups.

Great article by James Olley in the Standard tonight basically saying he's been playing off his reputation.

He's completely past it and for the good of England, Mourinho should drop him so big Sam can't justify picking him. That he had the arrogance to say he would wait until after 2018 before he retired, amazing
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

You could actually argue he's been done since 2013 when Ferguson retired. Got the England record granted, but that's a hollow record for me given the goals have largely come from penalties, friendlies and mediocre qualifying groups.

Great article by James Olley in the Standard tonight basically saying he's been playing off his reputation.

He's completely past it and for the good of England, Mourinho should drop him so big Sam can't justify picking him. That he had the arrogance to say he would wait until after 2018 before he retired, amazing
    Yeah I think Ferguson saw it coming and set it up for them to cash in while they could.

Shame Moyes gave him a 5 year contract instead!

• Sponsored links:

• Can't stand the man and think he is bad for football wth the way he behaves. Doesn't seem to command the respect of his team anymore as they probably think he's a tosser too. Hope he gets the bullet at United and its costs them a bomb to do it
  • Back around 10 years ago, I reckon Mourinho would have dominated players and got them to do what he wants.

Now I reckon they are all making wanker signs at him as soon as he turns his back.
  • I never had a lot of time for Mourinho...

He's welcome around mine for a cup of tea now...
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I never had a lot of time for Mourinho...

Out of interest @JohnBoyUK who's the Spurs teen that's presumably (judging by the headline) eligible for both England and the USA? And is he any good?
  • It seems truly bizarre how Mourinho straight away decided that Schweinsteiger was past it, when realistically he'd be a lot better in midfield than Fellaini, yet Rooney gets 90 minutes each week.
    The guys not stupid, he can obviously see that Rooney offers nothing in a midfield (or any) role so why pick him?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I never had a lot of time for Mourinho...

Out of interest @JohnBoyUK who's the Spurs teen that's presumably (judging by the headline) eligible for both England and the USA? And is he any good?
    I'm assuming its Cameron Carter-Vickers, the 18yo centre-back who played on Wed night against the Gills. He's in the 1st team squad this year so Poch must rate him.

But then again Ceballos was in the 1st team squad a couple of times...
  • Looks to have finally seen sense as he's dropped Rooney and Fellaini today
  • Best XI in my opinion for them would be

De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Blind Herrera
    Mkhitaryan Pogba Martial
    Ibrahimovic

With the likes of Mata, Lingard, Rooney, Fellaini, Valencia, Carrick and Rashford waiting in the wings
  • Fuck me Leicester have forgotten how to play football here, 3 goals from corners already
  • Balls to Drop Rooney
    Response 4 nill up