Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Majorca 2017

Went this year and stayed in Porto Colum very nice. Looking to go back next year

Anyone recommend another place to stay looking for something with a little more going on as Porto Colum is very quiet, but not wanting anything like Magaluf

Comments

• Calla D'or was alright when I went. Was a good few years ago though.
  • Alcudia. Best beach in Majorca And a good selection of bar's And restaurants
  • Been to Alcudia twice and going next year, love it there but probably best for families.
  • edited September 2016

Calla D'or was alright when I went. Was a good few years ago though.

+1 for Cala D'or. Ideal if you've got children.

Palma Nova is also nice, about a 20 min walk to Magaluf. So far enough away to avoid but close enough if you want to roll back the years.

• Sa Coma is nice and quiet with a great beach, Calor Millor up the road is a bit livelier if your after that though.
  • Alcudia. Best beach in Majorca And a good selection of bar's And restaurants

Been to Alcudia twice and going next year, love it there but probably best for families.

Both of these. First went to Alcudía July 2015, and went back in May this year before just coming back from Alvor in Portugal.

Alcudía is very nice, beautiful beach, good strip with plenty of bars and restaurants, can get a bus into other towns for a market etc. Highly recommendable.
  • Esmeralda park or Cala Azul park/gardens in Cala dor. Been going with my family for over 20 years class little place and so much to do ,see, eat drink . Something for everyone. Would recommend to anyone 10 times over
  • Loads of nice villas around Pollenca. Nice little town. Just in from the coast.
  • cafc4life said:

Esmeralda park or Cala Azul park/gardens in Cala dor. Been going with my family for over 20 years class little place and so much to do ,see, eat drink . Something for everyone. Would recommend to anyone 10 times over

Weird. We went there about 10 years running, until the kids were no longer kids.

10/10 if you have kids under the age of 18.
  • Depends how old you are. I think Puerto Pollenca is fab, but you might think it's a bit sedate. Echo comments regarding Alcudia. I also think Port de Soller is lovely, though I haven't been for about three years.
    This website is really useful:
    https://www.seemallorca.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• we have no young kids anymore
  • Love Majorca and I think you'll find it difficult to go wrong mate.

Of the ones i've been, I reckon you'd probably like Alcudia, Cala D'or, and the Cala Bona / Cala Millor / Sa Coma stretch.

Very jealous, was hoping to take kids abroad next summer and been looking last few weeks but just don't think we'll be able to do it.
  • IdleHans said:

Depends how old you are. I think Puerto Pollenca is fab, but you might think it's a bit sedate. Echo comments regarding Alcudia. I also think Port de Soller is lovely, though I haven't been for about three years.

Agree with all this.

I'm off to Puerto Pollenca on Tuesday :smile:

Went to Alcudia for my (1st) honeymoon in 1976, was a fair bit smaller then.
  • Alcudia no question, stay as close to the old town and harbour as possible, the strip ay the other end is too British and touristic for my liking
  • Davo55 said:

IdleHans said:

Depends how old you are. I think Puerto Pollenca is fab, but you might think it's a bit sedate. Echo comments regarding Alcudia. I also think Port de Soller is lovely, though I haven't been for about three years.

Agree with all this.

I'm off to Puerto Pollenca on Tuesday :smile:

Went to Alcudia for my (1st) honeymoon in 1976, was a fair bit smaller then.
    Puerta Pollenca is lovely , we've been three times now . I'd happily go there every year.
  • Family lived in Puerto Pollensa for 10 years. Lovely resort and so easy to get to other resorts too. Short flight.... love Majorca.
  • And going myself in a
    few weeks
  • Santa Ponsa is very nice. A good mixture of bars and restaurants. It's not too far from magaluf either.
  • Sa Coma is nice and quiet with a great beach, Calor Millor up the road is a bit livelier if your after that though.

Went to sa coma a couple of years ago for a cheap and cheerful few days with the missus and it was great, nice and quiet and clean.
  • Love Majorca. We have stayed in Porto Cristo a couple of times recently and Costa del Pins. Stay away from the Brit tourists traps and you'll find many beautiful places. Places like Port d"Andraxt are lovely. The swish money places like Portals Nous are worth a look to see how the other half live
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    We stayed in Sa Coma a few months ago and that was nice. We took a trip over to Soller (pronounced Soyer) and loved it. We did the tram and train rides through the mountains back towards Palma. We intend to stay in that part of the island next time.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Love Majorca. We have stayed in Porto Cristo a couple of times recently and Costa del Pins. Stay away from the Brit tourists traps and you'll find many beautiful places. Places like Port d"Andraxt are lovely. The swish money places like Portals Nous are worth a look to see how the other half live

We spent our honeymoon in Portals Nous following our wedding 46 years ago today !

It was nothing special back in 1970 & def not swish !

• IdleHans said:

Am replying now from Port de Soller. Love this part of the island. Spent a couple of nights in Palma first as we always like to do when we come here (which is pretty much every year nowadays).
  • Last visit with the kids (then 16 and 18) we had two nights in Palma, a week in a beach apartment in Puerto Pollensa and finished off in a lovely hotel overlooking the main square in Soller. It couldn't have been better.
    Have taken holidays on the east coast in the past but I think the north and west are the most beautiful and less crowded. Palma is well worth a couple of days, or a long weekend.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Love Majorca. We have stayed in Porto Cristo a couple of times recently and Costa del Pins. Stay away from the Brit tourists traps and you'll find many beautiful places. Places like Port d"Andraxt are lovely. The swish money places like Portals Nous are worth a look to see how the other half live

Andraxt is great. Some lovely restaurants too. Off to Pollentia soon.
  • IdleHans said:

Last visit with the kids (then 16 and 18) we had two nights in Palma, a week in a beach apartment in Puerto Pollensa and finished off in a lovely hotel overlooking the main square in Soller. It couldn't have been better.
    Have taken holidays on the east coast in the past but I think the north and west are the most beautiful and less crowded. Palma is well worth a couple of days, or a long weekend.

Did a weekend in Palma and get the train to soller, brilliant place
  • IdleHans said:

Am replying now from Port de Soller. Love this part of the island. Spent a couple of nights in Palma first as we always like to do when we come here (which is pretty much every year nowadays).
    Me too - go most years at some point. Palma is one of my favourite cities and we tend to stay in or around there when we go, overlooking the marina.

Also been to most points north, east and west too - a simply wonderful island and if it's good enough for the King of Spain's holiday palace then it's good enough for me!!
  • Just had nine nights in Soller and we're finishing off with a couple of nights in Palma. A lovely and relaxing part of the world. Soller's also only half an hour from the airport by taxi or a scenic hour and a bit on the old mountain train from Palma (as covered on YouTube by Michael Portillo).
  • Blucher said:

Just had nine nights in Soller and we're finishing off with a couple of nights in Palma. A lovely and relaxing part of the world. Soller's also only half an hour from the airport by taxi or a scenic hour and a bit on the old mountain train from Palma (as covered on YouTube by Michael Portillo).

Lucky git.
    I'd say also that I found the buses on Mallorca very convenient and cheap - think Palma to Pollensa Port was about €9. We did all our travelling on the island by bus and I didnt miss having a hire car at all.