Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi Injury (p3 - 12/7 out for another 4 months)

Comments

• While they're both half decent players, a midfield of Crofts and O'Hara wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence for next year.

With Jackson, Muldoon and Ba i think that is decent for league 1. And Diarra might be fit sometimes too.
    Ha. Just lost to Bromley, although I grant you the mighty Wah Ba wasn't playing.
    I'll say it again.

O'Hara, Crofts with Jackson, Ba, Muldoon not just Jackson, Ba and Muldoon.
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

Unless Cousins has a buy out clause we do not have to sell.

He maybe unhappy but he would get over it.

Of course he will .... and we might as well stop Gudmunnson joining a prem team sure their both give their all week in week out
    Yeah sure.
  • If we did get promoted - good luck with finding a replacement for Cousins! We'll need it.
  • Well we got rid of the old medical team. Must have been a reason.

• Redrobo said:

Unless Cousins has a buy out clause we do not have to sell.

He maybe unhappy but he would get over it.

For once i agree with Colin.

You can't just refuse to sell a player and say "he'll get over it". Player power rules these days. If we refused to sell Cousins to QPR, a club in a higher division and likely on higher wages too, do we really expect he'd be happy to stay and would be giving his all week in week out.

If you found yourself a new job at a better company and on higher wages and when you handed your notice in, your boss simply said 'no way, get on with your job', how happy do you think you'd be continuing to work there?
  • I think Slade has made it pretty clear he doesn't want players who don't want to be at the club. Solly has signed a contract so that's a plus (Solly now has to rediscover his form) but if JBG Cousins Bergdich & Tex want to go, then they should go.
  • I know this has been talked about on other threads, but why is it taking Kashi so long to come back from his injury.
  • Me too - and where's Diarra ?
  • edited August 2016
    I mentioned it b4 and surely someone close to the club must know - he has been out best part of a year and we suddenly have another four months. That seems specific. Not "a while longer". Has he had an op that the normal recovery is 4 months. If not, why not, rest hasn't worked?
  • I think it's time to give up hope with Kashi. Even if he does come back, he won't be the same player after so long out.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

I think it's time to give up hope with Kashi. Even if he does come back, he won't be the same player after so long out.

David Beckham, Steven Taylor and Christian Benteke, amongst others would tell you otherwise.
  • JaShea99 said:

I think it's time to give up hope with Kashi. Even if he does come back, he won't be the same player after so long out.

Well most thought he was upper championship / Prem class so he might hack it in the third division.
  • edited August 2016
    Simon Barker had his comeback against Derby (ex team) for Burton
    as a sub After 4 and a half years out ! what a spirit to Keep going and doing rehab for that long. (on Channel 5 league show)

I hope Kashi is back sooner rather than later as he was decent if i remember correctly.

• edited August 2016
    Ahmed who? IF he gets fit I'll welcome him back with open arms but I'm not holding my breath I've already moved on.
  • Me too - and where's Diarra ?

Retiring soon no doubt.
  • I thought Diarra was meant to be off for about 6 weeks with hairline fracture, the average time for healing is said to be 4 to 8 weeks so sholud not be far off a return.
  • We must be relying on the nhs for their treatment
  • edited August 2016
    Redrobo said:

I thought Diarra was meant to be off for about 6 weeks with hairline fracture, the average time for healing is said to be 4 to 8 weeks so sholud not be far off a return.

When I had a hairline fracture of the tibia it took about a year to fully heal. There was an ossified growth over it while it was healing, but that growth jutted out of my leg awkwardly and caused a tremendous amount of pain. The risk of re-injury are very, very low, but the amount of pain it can cause is immense.
  • I think when Diarra went back for ok x-ray, other damage was discovered. (ITTV) But if foot was in cast, cannot see how both wouldn't heal.
  • I mentioned it b4 and surely someone close to the club must know - he has been out best part of a year and we suddenly have another four months. That seems specific. Not "a while longer". Has he had an op that the normal recovery is 4 months. If not, why not, rest hasn't worked?

Didn't Slade say a while back that his new injury was pretty much a result of not being properly treated the first time round? Remember him saying something about a 'historical injury'.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

I mentioned it b4 and surely someone close to the club must know - he has been out best part of a year and we suddenly have another four months. That seems specific. Not "a while longer". Has he had an op that the normal recovery is 4 months. If not, why not, rest hasn't worked?

Didn't Slade say a while back that his new injury was pretty much a result of not being properly treated the first time round? Remember him saying something about a 'historical injury'.
    Yes his foot/toe still had a break/fracture at the end of the season, but the club sent him on his hols and provided NO MEDICAL STAFF ALL SUMMER. So consequently Diarra, Lennon and possibly others were still injured 2 months later. Mind you, as none of the players were told when to return, it's lucky that we found out as soon as we did. You couldn't make it up.
    These are the sort of situations that should be put to Latrien by supporters groups for an explanation / clarification. Still I doubt whether the more vociferous fans representatives will get an invitation.
  • RedChaser said:

Yes his foot/toe still had a break/fracture at the end of the season, but the club sent him on his hols and provided NO MEDICAL STAFF ALL SUMMER. So consequently Diarra, Lennon and possibly others were still injured 2 months later. Mind you, as none of the players were told when to return, it's lucky that we found out as soon as we did. You couldn't make it up.
    These are the sort of situations that should be put to Latrien by supporters groups for an explanation / clarification. Stil I doubt whether the more vociferous fans representatives will get an invitation.
    Doubtless there will be an excuse for that too
  • When Russell came in, the players weren't even set a pre season date, due to no manager being in place. I would've thought something would have been arranged, obviously not.

The players were never assigned a proper/detailed summer program to keep lean and fit for the upcoming season. Again, as no manager was there, no initiative was taken to get this sorted.

Alou, Harry & Ahmed injuries were 'historical' due to players being rushed back too early and without proper rehabilitation.
  • _nam11 said:

When Russell came in, the players weren't even set a pre season date, due to no manager being in place. I would've thought something would have been arranged, obviously not.

The players were never assigned a proper/detailed summer program to keep lean and fit for the upcoming season. Again, as no manager was there, no initiative was taken to get this sorted.

Alou, Harry & Ahmed injuries were 'historical' due to players being rushed back too early and without proper rehabilitation.

Amateurish, shameful, and a disgraceful absence of duty of care towards players, two of them young people in this case.

This shower make ashamed to be a Charlton supporter.
  • I'm expecting Diarra to be released by the end of the window and then when fit in a months time will sign for Rennes, Lens, etc etc
  • _nam11 said:

When Russell came in, the players weren't even set a pre season date, due to no manager being in place. I would've thought something would have been arranged, obviously not.

As professionals, very experienced in Diarra's case, you would expect them to say something or do themselves, but that doesn't excuse the club at all! We all know how badly it is being run. That the owner is happy with this is beyond weird!
  • _nam11 said:

And some people are surprised when our players want to leave.....