Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funny Names and Stuff Like That.....

Comments

• I know a Doctor Patient and a Doctor Death (actually D'Eath)
  • Laughing at the US diver Steele Johnson
  • I have worked over a span of 40 years where i must have seen millions of names on payrolls

my favourites

Russell sprout

pistol nym and bardolph (all worked for the same firm)

• I'm closely related to Dr. Dray.
  • As Butt and Fuchs prove, German names can be great for this. Many years ago I was surprised to be on a conference call with a Föcking and a Cuntz (this was the actual spelling, rather than the more usual Kunz). Had to go on mute for five minutes after they introduced themselves.
  • lolwray said:

I have worked over a span of 40 years where i must have seen millions of names on payrolls

Do you do the players wages for the Roly's Network ;)
  • Had a teacher called Mr Dick, his first name was Suckmy
  • Sponsored links:

• The name of the youngest and at the time most attractive female teacher on the staff of the boys grammar school I attended was Miss Hares. The then current headmaster was a dozy chump and his reaction to the audible gasp and giggling from the assembly of 500+ teenage boys when he welcomed her on her first day was a sight to see. I am sure she married within a couple of years but have absolutely no recollection of her married name, strange huh? As if her maiden name wasn't sufficiently titillating for hormonal boys she was of course a teacher of french.
    French lessons from the raven haired, twenty-something beauty Miss Hares was almost too much for some of my peers to handle.
    For my part I was never so enamoured. As a newb she didn't get to teach us in the top set and my heart belonged forever to her predecessor: a brunette kiwi who left to have a baby but remains one of the single most attractive women I have ever met.
  • recently found out that the middle name of my mate Richard is Edward

So he's Adickted ?

Is that Dave?

So he's Adickted ?
    I'm wasted on here. A dick ted ?

Anyone ? Not one lol ?
  • I taught a girl called Lorry Mercedes. In the register she was down as Mercedes Lorry.
  • Met an American at works do called Randy Hands.
  • Our Barclays Bank regional business manager's name is Richard Head. Nominative determinism at its most ironic.
  • Just read an online blog from a lawyer that ended:

Sarah Perry is managing partner and head of the dispute resolution group at law firm Wright Hassle
  • American Football. In the late 80's the Detroit Lions had a quarterback called Chuck Long, the Cincinnati Bengals current kicker is Randy Bullock
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a bump

One of our clients has just made a payment to Wan Kin Man
  • MrOneLung said:

Bit of a bump

One of our clients has just made a payment to Wan Kin Man

When I used to manage part of the intranet for a large accountancy network one of the managing partners was called Wong Kee Kok
  • Huddersfield loanee Izzy Brown. Yes, yes he is.
  • Had a teacher called Mr Dick, his first name was Suckmy

the new Met Police commissioner is a dickless Dick ((:>)
  • I have just moved into a new house and the local magazine that comes through the door informs me my community police officer is Phil Sargent.
  • We have a new bad/great name to enter into the mix.

One of the authorised contacts at one of our clients is Tossi Yoffe

• Had my bike stolen from the garden of the house I lived in in Greenwich around 16-17 years ago. Phoned the police and they sent round PC Pigg to take my statement.
  • Interesting news story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46019429

Made more interesting in that the professor of surgery quoted is called Professor Kneebone.
  • McBobbin said:

Interesting news story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46019429

Made more interesting in that the professor of surgery quoted is called Professor Kneebone.

A real case of nominative determinism.
  • edited October 2018
    McBobbin said:

Interesting news story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46019429

dem bones dem bones dem dry bones .. now hear the word of the lord