Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is 10 years old today !

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Curb_It said:

what have been to most posts on a thread? I think the most views will have been the countdown thread :blush:

Taverns posts on the APRAWA thread must break some kind of record.

What does that stand for PBS?
    A Place Repressed Arsebandits Watch Antics
  • Happy Birthday CL. Great website, some very entertaining reading.

Why do people's posts on this thread keep getting edited though?
  • it wouldnt be anywhere near as popular if i didnt post here

so for keeping me coming back for 9 years well done mate

congrats on what you have built you should be very pleased and extremely proud
  • Great opening post Afka.
    I bloody love this site.
    Had lots of laughs reading stuff on here, as well as some genuinely moving threads and posts.
    Well done on 10 years.
    Here's to the next 10. :smile:
  • edited August 2016

Is that actually on your cardie?

And yeah great site @LoOkOuT and @AFKABartram , when you finally let me on :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Fantastic site, been a member for what seems like forever (well I lived in Eltham when I joined!!) and there's not been a single day that I don't look on here...plenty of highlights and plenty of proper laugh out loud threads.

The countdown one will always hold a special place for me

Biggest highlight in the 10 years for me is the game at the Valley
  • edited August 2016
    Happy Birthday CL and all you founder members with special thanks to AFKA and Lookie for developing and running such a great site for all things Charlton and more, which is the envy of others.

I'm a relatively newcomer, 4 years and counting, thanks to my son suggesting I join up. I've only met a couple of you in the flesh but feel as if I know many more having exchanged a few PMs.

It's great to reminisce with some of the oldies and have a bit of banter with the young upstarts, which is anyone aged under 50 because I'm old enough to be your Dad. I must however apologise to those who find my overuse of the winky smiley emoji annoying, I'll try and keep it more under control from now on :wink:
  • Brilliant site. Happy 10th birthday CL!
  • This site is pretty fookin special. Being a member has enriched my life and made me a nicer person. I love you one and all. Mostly.
  • Addickted said:

Problem with Stats, it just leads to demands for more stats.

Who are the magnificent 7, who are no longer active from the first 30 members?

Is Hugo one?

Here you go @Addickted , the not so Magnificent 7 and their last visit

Barn Door - May 15
    Bobbolder- May 11 (mate of mine who no longer goes)
    DJ-3PO - Jan 08
    Les says - Feb 13 (hope he still lurks under Suzi's a/c!)
    DA_6 - Apr 07
    Jimmycafc - Feb 14
    Mortain- Mar 10 (West Ham mate of @MCS )

• Happy Birthday CL - well done to @AFKABartram & @LoOkOuT you have done a fantastic job.

I joined in 2009 when the OS comments page was withdrawn and hardly a day goes by now without me checking in on the forum - it is a first source for news about CAFC and everything else. Keep up the good work, we couldn't do without you.
  • Addickted said:

Problem with Stats, it just leads to demands for more stats.

Who are the magnificent 7, who are no longer active from the first 30 members?

Is Hugo one?

Here you go @Addickted , the not so Magnificent 7 and their last visit

Barn Door - May 15
    Bobbolder- May 11 (mate of mine who no longer goes)
    DJ-3PO - Jan 08
    Les says - Feb 13 (hope he still lurks under Suzi's a/c!)
    DA_6 - Apr 07
    Jimmycafc - Feb 14
    Mortain- Mar 10 (West Ham mate of @MCS )

He doesn't log on himself anymore, but I have lost count of the times i tell him something and he says 'where'd you hear that, charlton life?' It usually is.

Am always reading him out the funny stories when I laugh out loud reading and he asks why.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

Most searched user profile from search engines
    1. @_MrDick (4,318 - lol, that’s a hell of a lot of disappointed visitors!!)

Fame at last ....
    I actually preferred your old handle Valley McMoist !

• aliwibble said:

Had to LOL at the 40-40x0-1 and MrDick bits in that. Highlights that immediately stick out - Golfie and Ketman's dating misadventures, pretty much everything to do with the Upbeats but especially the that time they went on the pitch and milked the experience for all it was worth, and back in the days of the Blog, some particularly bonkers postings such as the Darren Bent karaoke thing.

ETA: Just remembered the CharltonLife Lookie likeys thread, and MCS stalking Darren Bent

Some great memories in there @aliwibble

The @MCS one if I remember correctly he was convinced he had seen Darren Bent riding a Chopper bicycle through the Blackwall Tunnel !

The day you mention that the Upbeats owned the Valley pitch is probably my most proudest Charlton moment. I have a shirt signed by all the Upbeats on my wall and it's one of my most favourite possessions. My write up from that day is here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/58437/new-article-proud-and-upbeat-despite-defeat/p1

The Darren Bent song was a re-write of Meatloaf's Dead Ringer for Love, and was based on McClaren continuing to ignore him for the England squad.

The Looky Likies were brilliant. I can remember one of @Charltonparklane doing a funny jump from the charity game, and another cracker of @T.C.E and a Masterchef winner

Thanks for reminding me ...that Upbeats day was so good
  • edited August 2016
    And the first time a Declan kept a clean sheet in goal!
  • Congratulations & thank you x
  • I love this site.
    10 years is phenomenal.
  • Happy 10th CL.
    The absolute ground zero of Charlton news/updates/tickets you name it it's here.
    I wake up on a weekday, take a piss, drop of water, unplug phone from charge, check whatsapp, check Charlton life.
    Keep up the good work admins.
  • Talking of MCS, I remember being in the office and having to fake a coughing fit to cover up laughing at the thread where he was trying to explain that his space bar on his pc had broke.
  • Happy birthday CL. As always thanks to the Mods for all their effort and time.....

I really enjoy the site and think we've got a great community of posters.
  • Well done and happy birthday. Joined just after you started (in October 2006) and have probably checked the site at least once a day ever since! Thanks to everyone involved in setting-up and keeping the site going. Shame things are generally a bit negative lately (for obvious reasons) and looking forward to more positive times going forward. Thanks again.