Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is 10 years old today !

Comments

• Happy birthday.

Always enjoyed being on here and the people. Now more than ever its important because it's the only link I really have to my club now that those dickheads have taken it over.

Here's to many more years and many more happy memories

• edited August 2016
    Happy Birthday CL.

A truly incredible forum in all honesty for the sheer volume, variety and (relative) quality of discussion.

I don't think you'd have a chance in hell of finding a comparable football forum that offers so much.

It says a lot (maybe about me) that hardly a day has gone past when I don't look on here and most days it's a scary amount of time. I'm actually slightly concerned that the blame for Maidstone's appearance in the above stats may lie at my door!

Maybe the ex who i was in Lanzarote with in Sept 2006 (I think) was justified in giving me jip for leaving the sunbeds to go and (pay to) get my Charlton life fix in the hotel internet room most days. In my defence I'm sure something major had recently happened so I was glued more than usual.

Bizarrely despite nearly 10 years lurking (mainly) and contributing I think I have only met one or two people off here (by accident I may add - I don't usually arrange to meet strange men online) and would not know what any member looked like if I saw them in the street.

Keep up the good work chaps - you'd be surprised how regular and important a part of all our lives this site has become.
  • Whatever did happen to Netaddicks? One day it was just gone....
  • edited August 2016
  • Congratulations for the 10 years and thanks for continuing to spend so much time and effort to make this wonderful forum available.
  • Scoham said:
    Can't believe I missed that as well. Not surprised though. Interesting that he planted the seed (troll that he is) and then disappeared when it started heating up.

Great site, by the way. Lots of drama of course but I guess that's what makes it the addicting site that it is.
  • @AFKABartram & @LoOkOuT only 10 years? it seems longer :)

Happy Birthday CL!
  • Sponsored links:

• what have been to most posts on a thread? I think the most views will have been the countdown thread :blush:
  • Nice one Callum!!! What a cracker.
  • I tried to join in 2012 and I didn't get 'approved' or whatever it was.
    Very glad I finally did in 2014 although I wish I'd found it sooner then I wouldn't be stuck with Leeds in my username.

Here's to the next 10!
  • Happy Birthday.
    It's under a year since I joined, but would not miss a day now
  • WSS said:

Some of my best friendships created as a result of this site being born.

Those friends have helped me through the toughest times and celebrated with me the best ones. Always be thankful for that.

Love you, football fwend
  • edited August 2016
  • Great achievement lads, well done.

Lots of hard work in the past 10 years to keep this going
  • Sponsored links:

• Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!! Keep up the good work you are doing to keep this great forum going. I wonder what the next 10 years will bring us?
  • Congrats and thank you guys. I only joined in 2007 which is probably not long since we got our first season ticket. I am sure this site has made me feel more connected to Charlton. Don't agree with everything and everybody but often LOL.

Great work done and money raised for for many good causes

X
  • what have been to most posts on a thread? I think the most views will have been the countdown thread :blush:

Taverns posts on the APRAWA thread must break some kind of record.

• Having a split personality CL comes in very handy. The twat side of me can come on here and the normal s..i..d... hold on, I think that's the wrong way around!
  • Can't believe it's been 10 years! So much has happened Charlton related and non Charlton related in that time.

So much for you to be proud of that wouldn't have happened had it not been for this site. Money for good causes, humour during dire situations, knowledge and friendships, help and support.

Every time something happens in the world I want to know about or learn about I visit this site before I go on to Twitter or the BBC news/sport website! Rarely lets me down!

Well done! What a jolly good idea!

What does that stand for PBS?
  • Curb_It said:

what have been to most posts on a thread? I think the most views will have been the countdown thread :blush:

What does that stand for PBS?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/4748/alan-pardews-red-white-army/p1