Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Dutch House

Anyone ever drunk in this place?

Gotta go down there later this evening about some bar work, an idea of what to expect about the place would be great!

Comments

• had a few sunday lunches in there was ok. Not sure about after dark though.
  • GH any pubs you not been in?
  • when your old mate u tend to have had a beer or two.

Socailist Workers Arms -- never had a beer in there. Would only let you in with a beard , cordroy jacket with leather elbow patches , sandles and socks on.
  • Chinatown, London or Soi Cowboy, Bangkok?

Assuming the London version, I used to quite like the place but no decent beer, only Orangeboom lager at that time. Of course, most pubs I used to drink in have changed completely since I left London.
  • Sidcup road ;-)
  • seems to be more of a eatery these days from driving past. Can't remember the last time I drank in there.

Interesting mock Dutch gabling on the outside which is a lucky coincidence given the name of the pub.
  • Soi Cowboy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories !! Me and my Mrs took 10 Royal Marines up there once.
  • Its alright, typical Eltham boozer, it is more of a eating place now, used to be a Harvester, very moody years ago when they had Danielles the Nightlcub attached to the side.
  • edited June 2008
    Sorry guys but it's awful.

The pub was originally built to serve the estate there and of course it still does, that should tell you a lot re the majority of the punters.Lot's of Wayne and Waynetta type families, which obviously equals lot's of Wayne and Waynetta type kids having what they probably think is a slap up Wayne and Waynetta type meal, for one of their Wayne and Waynetta type birfdays or the like.

Food is truly dreadful processed/frozen pub grub of the worst order.

Souless and depressing is how I'd describe it, with clientelle to suit, only outdone by The Baring Hotel opposite GrovePark Station.
  • So what ur saying is its our type of pub then !
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry GH, I know you've eaten in there a couple of times, so don't take it personally.
    Maybe they pull out a few stops for Sunday Lunches.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Soi Cowboy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories !! Me and my Mrs took 10 Royal Marines up there once.

Stop it Dan...Dont say anything ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Sorry guys but it's awful.

The pub was originally built to serve the estate there and of course it still does, that should tell you a lot re the majority of the punters.Lot's of Wayne and Waynetta type families, which obviously equals lot's of Wayne and Waynetta type kids having what they probably think is a slap up Wayne and Waynetta type meal, for one of their Wayne and Waynetta type birfdays or the like.

Food is truly dreadful processed/frozen pub grub of the worst order.

Souless and depressing is how I'd describe it, with clientelle to suit, only outdone by The Baring Hotel opposite GrovePark Station.

Sounds like my type of pub then ;-)
  • It's handy for the railway line. Not anywhere near a station mind you - but the railway line is close by.

Hope this helps Stu.
  • The old dear grew up in the estate - Pub is terrible.

My name is wayne... honest ;0)
  • shocking pub....
  • Very much best avoided.

Food is pony and the beer was awful when I last went in there.
  • Haven't been in there since the heavy metal nights stopped!

Anyone remember Angel Witch?
  • yeh the dutch house head banging nights remember them ,,,,,vaguely,,,,,, much booze, zep and freebird.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Its alright, typical Eltham boozer, it is more of a eating place now, used to be a Harvester, very moody years ago when they had Danielles the Nightlcub attached to the side.[/quote]

lol danielles what a place that was. couldn't remember the name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been past it gazillions of times. Only went in once during the head banging era. Always semed a bit of a dive to me.
  • Danielles! I was hoping someone was going to tell me that, otherwise it would have annoyed me for ages. Good for a late drink, a boogie and I could walk home. Was Terrible mind but I did once buy Nicky Johns a beer in there.
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]The old dear grew up in the estate - Pub is terrible.

My name is wayne... honest ;0)

So was I, my first school was Horn Park on that estate, cul-de-sac opposite the junior school.
  • Pulled a few mooses in Danielles in the 80's.
  • Any ideas what's happening to it?

A few years ago McDonalds wanted it but were thwarted.

Now it's closed again, they can't be much future as a pub and would rather see it as a Maccy Dees that lose a lovely building to faceless flats!
  • Should be put back into use as a live music venue.
  • Any ideas what's happening to it?

A few years ago McDonalds wanted it but were thwarted.

Now it's closed again, they can't be much future as a pub and would rather see it as a Maccy Dees that lose a lovely building to faceless flats!

Don't need another Maccy D's so close to Yorkshire Grey
  • Could restart the "Ton up" events along the A20 from the 50's... great way of culling those anoying chavs on their poxy peds!
  • Car wash then a hotel?