Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Magennis

Actually think he is going to turn out to be a great buy.
Think him and Ajose can link up well (They both played a huge part together in JJ's goal)
He seems strong in the air, has pace and actually tried and chased things down, he isn't no Kermo, but he is a huge step forward from Simon IMO
I look forward to watching him play as the season progresses, think he will play a huge part this season

Comments

• He's a poor man's Jonathan Walters
  • Yes, lets not write Novak off. He will get 15 goals.

Lets hope they all do well.
  • Interesting. I thought Novak looked a much better footballer in his cameo. But magenis worked really hard and we will need them both throughout the season
  • Novak might come into his own a bit more when if we get the midfield signings in we need, and once the side is bedded in better and able to play with a bit more confidence and fluidity.
  • I thought it was a very decent debut for someone who only signed on Thursday
  • Different types of player...

McGennis is all action, with pace and power. Novak far more of a thinking footballer, who needs to get into position early, as he has not got the pace. Novak showed one of the best pieces of skill in the whole game against Northampton, with a deft little header to Ajose.

Place for both of them in the squad of course. The key thing is who Ajose gets the best service from.

On Saturday's performance, I can see McGennis getting more goals, but Novak will get more assists.
  • Looks good though he needs to change those 50p shaped boots if he is going to have chances like the one in the second half against NT.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOC64 said:

1StevieG said:

Looks good though he needs to change those 50p shaped boots if he is going to have chances like the one in the second half against NT.

Regarding Josh and boots.

Last year my son, then aged 13, joined Killie' s Academy from Charlton. When we joined we were given access to a website whereby you can order boots direct from Adidas. The terms of purchase were that the boots had to be delivered to the club.

When we went to collect the boots, we established (after a number of enquiries) that Josh had claimed the boots (only the Academy staff had heard of us) and had worn them in the opening league game of the season against Dundee.

Josh came and saw us and was really embarrassed. He asked us to order another pair which he paid for.

He came over as a very decent genuine guy......

So Magennis has the same size feet as your 13 year old?
    Yep = Size 11!!
  • I think people were focusing far too much on his goalscoring record (or lack thereof) when he signed. However, he looks like he's a good team player and will contribute in other ways.
  • "Striker Josh Magennis feels a move to Charlton Athletic from Kilmarnock was simply too attractive to ignore."

Good interview with him on the BBC website.

• cafc-west said:

"Striker Josh Magennis feels a move to Charlton Athletic from Kilmarnock was simply too attractive to ignore."

Good interview with him on the BBC website.

It says a lot about Scottish football, that a 3rd division English team would be more attractive than a PL Scottish team!

Or maybe he couldn't face Lee Clark any more...
  • Killie play on an astro turf pitch in front of crowds of 3.5k. Should get at least 4 thousand at The Valley!!

He will also earn a lot more at Charlton, although will miss the 'Killie' pies......
  • JaShea99 said:

I think people were focusing far too much on his goalscoring record (or lack thereof) when he signed. However, he looks like he's a good team player and will contribute in other ways.

As football fans always do with strikers.

Goalscoring records also don't guarantee quality either. McLeod for example.

Some clubs also help players improve and turn them into goalscorers. Something we don't seem able to do.
  • Opened this thread expecting to see a post saying he was injured.
  • Scoham said:

JaShea99 said:

I think people were focusing far too much on his goalscoring record (or lack thereof) when he signed. However, he looks like he's a good team player and will contribute in other ways.

Some clubs also help players improve and turn them into goalscorers. Something we don't seem able to do.
    Absolutely. As Wenger once said "Sign a player for what he can become, not for what he has previously done".

But yeah, we don't seem to do that much anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

Scoham said:

JaShea99 said:

Absolutely. As Wenger once said "Sign a player for what he can become, not for what he has previously done".

But yeah, we don't seem to do that much anymore.
    Like when Ipswich buy Lookman.

• Opened this thread expecting to see a post saying he was injured.

Give of a couple of games...
  • edited August 2016

Leuth said:

Ok, anyone who slagged off this signing sight unseen is looking a colossal idiot about now

Not as much as the colossal idiots who wrote off Jackson sight seen : - )
    Boom, boom!:smiley:
  • He was outstanding tonight.

Scored again.