Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
On a personal level it is extremely disappointing that our Under 23's are seeking permission to play their matches at Beckenham Town this season. Although 5 matches will be played at the Valley, that is too far for me to travel.

Of course Beckenham is far from being "Charlton heartland", but of course the regime are probably unaware of that. Most likely they simply don't care. Sigh.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athlteic-development-squad-fixtures-u23s-3239104.aspx?

Comments

• 3 miles from Selhurst, 10 miles from The Valley
  • The regime are just sussing out alternatives for the first team in the future, so that RD can press ahead with his Valley housing scheme and get some money back.

Remember - RD owns the lot and we are powerless to stop him implementing his scheme.
  • To be fair, Beckenham Town are about the same distance from The Valley as VCD where we played last year
  • should use somewhere like Badgers in Middle Park Ave
  • To be fair, Beckenham Town are about the same distance from The Valley as VCD where we played last year

True but my point was there are charlton fans in Crayford. Probably more than in Beckenham!!
  • I'm not sure what was wrong with VCD's pitch - and they did a cracking burger there too

True but my point was there are charlton fans in Crayford. Probably more than in Beckenham!!
    It's all part of our cunning plan to steal Palace supporters :-)
  • As Swisdom says, less fans in Beckenham than in Crayford/Barnehurst. This way Daisy can go and watch the games and only have to take two bodyguards rather than the usual four.
  • Credit where credit is due, I think this is a great idea and honestly my thoughts are in no way biased by the fact I could then watch them from my bedroom window! Millwall Lionesses have played their last couple of seasons. I have one of their match balls which ended in my garden.
  • Nearer to me in Lee, but as I don't now have a season ticket I won't be allowed in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

The pitch at Meridian is top quality. They should play there.

You beat me to it!
  • When I watched the U21s at VCD you did not have to show your Season ticket. The same may be true at Beckenham.
  • seth plum said:

Nearer to me in Lee, but as I don't now have a season ticket I won't be allowed in.

You can by a season ticket for my garage and watch it from there for £300, will even chuck in a cup of tea occasionally.
    And what about the 14 chips?
  • ^ For £300 you can have 15.
  • It'll probably be mainly under 18s anyway as most of those over that age are in the first team matchday squads.
  • dickplumb said:

When I watched the U21s at VCD you did not have to show your Season ticket. The same may be true at Beckenham.

I hope so. Mind you Cojones has been filming me at protests so I might be blacklisted by him.
  • 3 miles from Selhurst, 10 miles from The Valley

Closer to me.
  • Any news from Hudds on today's match?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Any news from Hudds on today's match?

Huddersfield Town ‏@htafcdotcom 2h2 hours ago
    UPDATE 21' #htafc U23s 0-1 @CAFCofficial: the visitors take the lead from the penalty spot, with striker Ahearne-Grant converting (DTS)

Huddersfield Town ‏@htafcdotcom 48m48 minutes ago
    FULL TIME: #htafc U23s 1-1 @CAFCofficial. Striker @RekeilPyke's equaliser gives the young Terriers a share of the spoils today (DTS)
  • Didnt someone mention on the RKC match thread that Ahearne Grant shouldnt be allowed near a penalty again?
  • edited August 2016
    The SMT could improve their communication with fans by telling us the starting line up of a match that kicked off four hours ago. Hope RCC impressed as we desperately need pace in CM. I wonder if RS attended?
  • Didnt someone mention on the RKC match thread that Ahearne Grant shouldnt be allowed near a penalty again?

Didn't you mention you were supposed to be on your honeymoon and you wouldn't be checking CL?
  • Glad KAG scored the pen.

Like falling off a bike you need to get right back on.

As it was away and on a Sunday I guess we had no press team there (working on the Shrews programme I guess) so if Hudds don't tweet the teams we won't know until Jason Euell gets back tomorrow.
  • At Home to Forest today at Sparrows Lane (according to OS but you might want to check before travelling) 2.00pm KO

Lennon set to play according to Cawley in the SLP
  • dickplumb said:

Cawley and the OS are saying it is at the training ground. KO 2pm. I will post one of my brilliant match reports. Kevin Nolan eat your heart out.

Look forward to live updates Ridmidland style ; - )

And check the spelling of the names of all the trialists!
  • should use somewhere like Badgers in Middle Park Ave

not a chance Greenwich Borough and Cray Valley PM play there pitch would never hold up, presuming thats is why not a VCD anymore due to Erith Town sharing this year with them.