Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Just in from work and watching the men's road race. Come on Team GB!

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Do they usually allow knobheads to run on the road next to the bikes ?
  • Some of the blokes running next to the cyclists are right menaces!
  • shine166 said:

Do they usually allow knobheads to run on the road next to the bikes ?

Yes it's generally quite common. These lot are pushing it a bit mind.
  • Two of the three leaders are off their bikes. Oops! Only a dozen or so km to go.
  • Adam Peaty has just broken the world record for 100m breaststroke in the swimming heats.
  • Boardman called the carnage of the descent all day.
  • Gutted for the polish fella
  • French gymnast has broken his leg doing the vault. We were watching it live on the tv and had a collective wince as the bottom of his leg wobbled around
  • Bloody hell - that gymnast leg break makes David Busst's look like a paper cut.
  • Terrible crash by the Dutch girl on the descent of the final hill in the road race.
  • Sponsored links:

• That looked nasty.
  • Hope she's okay, proper stack that.
  • ....reckon our Lizzie may have a medal shout after all
  • Sorry thought she was in that chasing pack, watching with sound off having me Barnet cut
  • That crash was a shocker. Didn't look good as she was still in the same position when the American rode past her.

Great race tho.
  • CatAddick said:

French gymnast has broken his leg doing the vault. We were watching it live on the tv and had a collective wince as the bottom of his leg wobbled around

And they dropped the stretcher putting him into the ambulance!
  • They couldn't afford a roof for the diving competition, hopefully they done need one.

The worst thing about that crash was she wasn't moving after doing a flip over. Really bad looking and a similar section of the course to Nibali and Thonas yesterday, hope she gets away with not too much worse than the double collar bone break Nibali caught but I'm afraid it may be a bit worse. Good luck.
  • Women's Volleyball is dead

Long live Women's Synchronised Diving
  • Women's Volleyball is dead

Long live Women's Synchronised Diving

Haha their bodies are unreal
  • CatAddick said:

French gymnast has broken his leg doing the vault. We were watching it live on the tv and had a collective wince as the bottom of his leg wobbled around

They also dropped the stretcher when carrying him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    The Dutch cycling federation has tweeted that Van Vleuten is okay and on way to hospital. Tweets basically say she is shocked but conscious and with the federation's doctor.

• That cycling crash was sickening, fingers crossed for her.
  • Think they could generally improve the appeal of fencing, my first recommendation would be to swap the foils for real swords
  • Must stop watching. Only watched 2 events properly - mens gymnastics yesterday and womens cycling today; people keep hurting themselves and I'm wondering if it's me...
  • They couldn't afford a roof for the diving competition, hopefully they done need one.

The quality of construction of the diving platform looks pretty bad. Doubt it'll fall down or anything, but you can see gaps in the panels, bits that haven't been painted or filled properly, or bits that aren't level/square. I'm sure I can see some rust in one spot too. Looks like it's been put together by an enthusiastic, but not overly talented DIYer.

• Such a shame Kruse couldnt win that fencing match... Used to do the sport myself about 10 years ago and god it was a killer, you'd be sweating buckets within a few seconds
  • No idea really what was happening with the foil business. You hit the bigger first and then because he's done some beat the blade nonsense he gets the point?

Anyway, back to the much more understandable synchronised diving.
  • Think they could generally improve the appeal of fencing, my first recommendation would be to swap the foils for real swords