Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Disappointing but good luck to him. Not an offer he could refuse.
  • Options
    100k?
  • Options
    Meh!
  • Options

Really not bothered at all about this one

tend to agree, the size of the squad is a little concerning but the loss of Harriot, meh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he would have torn up this league. Shame we've let him go, but overall I don't think it's a bad move for all parties concerned - Reading get a useful squad player; we don't lose out massively except where depth is getting worrying; a lot of fans are ambivalent towards him; he gets to stay in the Championship; ... hopefully we'll spend some dosh.

Other than that last point being unlikely - not the worst transfer ever to have happened.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

He was an ok player. What gets me more is it's simply another player out. I know we wanted a new improved squad but let's try to have a squad first not 7 or 8 players

Couldn't agree more
  • Options
    Can't exactly call him leaving a loss
  • Options
    No big deal him going,
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Good luck Callum.
    I know your close friend Jason Cousins has departed and it probably feels a bit strange for you at Charlton now.
    Best wishes to your young family, and I hope you have an injury free time and enjoy success at Reading.

*Jordan
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Played all the pre season games and now gone. Thin squad again. Midfield is worrying this season and Rusty needs to issue that problem quickly
  • Options
    I'm not overly disappointed, he's flattered to deceive for us most of the time. There are other players we have who'd of put in front of him in the team/squad.

I think we are starting to see this seasons plans. We'll end up with a good 1st 11 but minimal behind that. Slade is therefore going lo look for versitle players who can cover more than 1 position. He'll bring in a few more who can cover full back and centre mid and maybe even wide.

Expect a core of 17-18 players the rest will be youngsters.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the kevin lisbie of this era. Could've been a great player for us if he'd had a bit of confidence and not been pissed about not been given a run of games, played out of position etc.

Good luck, Callum.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

Good luck Callum.
    I know your close friend Jason Cousins has departed and it probably feels a bit strange for you at Charlton now.
    Best wishes to your young family, and I hope you have an injury free time and enjoy success at Reading.

*Jordan
    oops fixed
  • Options
    Won't be missed, however good luck Callum.
  • Options
    Think he could have been really effective for us this season. Hard to know if it's a good deal for us without knowing the fee so all I can say is that our squad is weakened, again.
  • Options
    Slade knew Callum could be an asset at this level, he knew what he did for Colchester, hence why he played him in all 3 friendlies. He suits this league a lot more than the Championship. It will be a loss, not because he's a world beater but because with partnerships at this level he's an asset.

Good luck to him at Reading, the 1 in 2 out continues for us!
  • Options
    If we can't get behind teams with good interplay, then we now seemingly only have Lookman and possibly Holmes who can beat a man one on one.
    Losing Harriott, who was capable of beating a man, weakens us in my view.
  • Options
    Good luck Callum.