Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Match Ticket Offers

If, like me, you are not renewing but plan to pick and choose games to attend then I think there will be plenty of offers throughout the season and it makes sense to attend these games so as to a) save some money but more importantly b) deny the regime as much income as possible. Hopefully too CARD will target these games where there will be a greater attendance.

It seems to have slipped under the radar that there is already an offer available for the opening two league games. Season ticket holders can purchase up to two tickets for both games at a flat rate £10 for adults. That means that a seat in the middle blocks of the East Stand that should be £26 are just £10. So not just saving yourself £16 but, if you were going anyway, denying the regime £16. It makes sense if you are only going occasionally to target games where there are offers available. So, if you are going, get a season ticket holder to buy your tickets and help but a dent in the regimes income.

Comments

• This would be a great thing to blast all over social media as both good content and a way to "grow their database."
  • Got a link?
  • I don't think they usually advertise this kind of offer online, Season tickets holders had an email though,

"BUY TWO EXTRA TICKETS FOR OUR OPENING TWO HOME LEAGUE GAMES FOR JUST £10 EACH

As a valued season ticket holder for the 2016/17 campaign, you can purchase an additional two tickets for just £10 each for both of our opening two home league fixtures.

So why not invite a couple of family members or friends to join you at The Valley for the matches against Northampton Town and Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, August 13th and Tuesday, August 16th respectively?

To buy your tickets, simply go online and log into your account to take advantage of this exclusive offer.

As well as this, we have today launched our brand new calendar tool which allows you to sync a number of calendars, including first team fixtures, direct to the calendar on your phone, tablet or desktop computer.

This will also allow you to keep up-to-date with ticket on-sale dates, special events at The Valley, club offers plus U18 and U21 fixtures too.

Synchronise your chosen events to any calendar platform including iPhone Calendar, Android, Google, Windows Live, Outlook and many more."
  • Thanks Rob7Lee

It's not clear whether that means that the ST holder has to buy 4tix for 40 quid (2x2 games), or whether they can just buy one for a tenner.

Anybody know?

• I'm not sure who you are referring to there. Hopefully, not me.
  • I would say I've got my feelers out in all the local schools but I'm afraid that I will be confronted by the Internet interceptors.
  • Yet when I try to get a ticket for my missus to the Shrewsbury game its coming up £23 despite me having a season ticket?

Do I have to get a ticket for both Northampton AND Shrewsbury?
  • If anyone ever has spare allocations I'd be keen to pay £30 for a couple of seats, the extra cash can either go in your pocket or the CARD fund
  • edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

So you're boycotting, but now you want season ticket holders to buy you cheap seats!

Jeez, you couldn't make it up!

He's not boycotting though is he Al he's still going to attend matches but is promoting the lesser of two evils. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

RedChaser said:

Essex_Al said:

So you're boycotting, but now you want season ticket holders to buy you cheap seats!

He's not boycotting though is he Al he's still going to attend matches but is promoting the lesser or two evils. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Yes, I understand that, but my point is that many of the protesters who have 'dug out' other fans for buying a season ticket are now happy for those same fans that have taken grief on here to buy them cheap tickets!
    Hang on I don't think he's suggesting approaching random ST holders is he? How does that work? Surely you would ask friends or family who respect your stance and if they tell you to poke it they're not good friends are they. Remember we still have one thing in common,we're all Charlton fans at the end of the day.!
  • Yet when I try to get a ticket for my missus to the Shrewsbury game its coming up £23 despite me having a season ticket?

Soon to be married.

Soon to be divorced if you put her through 2 lots of hell.

Soon to be married.

Am away for Northampton so I'd be buying at ticket for £10 for that game and £10 for the Shrewsbury game as even seeing just the one match I'd save £3
  • edited July 2016

Yet when I try to get a ticket for my missus to the Shrewsbury game its coming up £23 despite me having a season ticket?

Soon to be married.

Am away for Northampton so I'd be buying at ticket for £10 for that game and £10 for the Shrewsbury game as even seeing just the one match I'd save £3
    If you have to buy for both games then you could sell me the Nothampton one - that way I would be giving you the money and not the club! - sort of.
  • So.... Back to my question

Can you just buy one at a tenner?
    Or you need to buy 4?

Wording is unclear

Soon to be married.

If you have to buy for both games then you could sell me the Nothampton one - that way I would be giving you the money and not the club! - sort of.
    How much would you be willing to pay?
  • edited July 2016
    There is always the possibility that boycotters might take advantage of the non-transferable season tickets of friends who cannot attend particular games. I wish to make clear that this is not something I would advocate because it is against the rules. Having just checked though I note season ticket holders can exchange it for a paper ticket prior to the game if they wish to give it to someone they know - although for the life of me why would you bother?
  • Sponsored links:

• redsek said:

There is always the possibility that boycotters might take advantage of the non-transferable season tickets of friends who cannot attend particular games. I wish to make clear that this is not something I would advocate because it is against the rules.

That's standard practise, protest or no protest
  • I have three season tickets, would be more than happy to get some tickets for £10 if you want to PM me. West Lower.
  • shine166 said:

redsek said:

There is always the possibility that boycotters might take advantage of the non-transferable season tickets of friends who cannot attend particular games. I wish to make clear that this is not something I would advocate because it is against the rules.

That's standard practise, protest or no protest
    I know. I guess what I mean is that the only circumstances I see myself going to a home game is when I get the offer of a season ticket not being used. Foreign fields for me this season.
  • Essex_Al said:

I fancy Shrewsbury Al, can you sort me out mate?
  • Essex_Al said:

You can f**k right off mate!

Oh alright, £20 to you! :wink:
  • robroy said:

I have three season tickets, would be more than happy to get some tickets for £10 if you want to PM me. West Lower.

Brown nose!
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

You can f**k right off mate!

Oh alright, £20 to you! :wink:
    I'll keep you sweet in the future!
  • I don't know any season ticket holders as no one I know renewed!
  • Rob7Lee said:

I don't think they usually advertise this kind of offer online, Season tickets holders had an email though,

To buy your tickets, simply go online and log into your account to take advantage of this exclusive offer.

As well as this, we have today launched our brand new calendar tool which allows you to sync a number of calendars, including first team fixtures, direct to the calendar on your phone, tablet or desktop computer.

This will also allow you to keep up-to-date with ticket on-sale dates, special events at The Valley, club offers plus U18 and U21 fixtures too.

Synchronise your chosen events to any calendar platform including iPhone Calendar, Android, Google, Windows Live, Outlook and many more. If you don't have a phone tablet or desktop computer you can feck right off.

"

Fixed this.