Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Rednap Vs OBill

harry has won damages for the raid on his house. It was "unlawfull" OB did not have a valid search warrant. He won £1,000 . Mind you why bother geting such a silly thing as a seach warrant when you can phone up the Sun and make sure you get your picture in the paper !!

Comments

• not a lot though, you think he would have got a lot more than that.
  • in the grand scheme of things a £1,000 is nothing compared to what his family and the press specualtion he had to go through
  • Why were the press present?..
  • Beacause The City of London OB told them to be there !!!!

Positive policing dont ur know
  • personally i think it was a stitch by the FA as there was a lot of backing for him to get the England job, once the raid happened it darkened and put him out of the race for the job
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]personally i think it was a stitch by the FA as there was a lot of backing for him to get the England job, once the raid happened it darkened and put him out of the race for the job

On jobs like these the papers have contacts inside the Old Bill who get a nice little retainer plus bonuses for giving good tip offs to the press on anything involving anyone in the public eye. That's probably how The Sun got the name of the alleged killer in the Jimmy Mizen case way before anyone else had it.
  • £1000 or £1 million its not how much harry will probably give it to charity anyway just proved that ob were incompetant again
  • Hope he gives the 1k to Charity
  • He's proved his point and been vindicated.

And drawn huge media attention to undesirable & unnecessary police tactics.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's proved his point and been vindicated.

And drawn huge media attention to undesirable & unnecessary police tactics.

Why was it a wrongful search?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2008
    But isn't the more telling thing that he only got 25% of his legal costs back? Having applied for warrants myself in the past there are a host of things that you can mess up on that can come back to bite you on the backside, many of them not under your control. In cases like these it's whether the defendent gets full costs that's the thing i.e. in the opinion of the court they were 100% right to apply for the warrant and search his house but someone didn't "dot all the I's", etc.

On the other thing, well, how many times has Harry used his own press contacts to his own advantage???
  • [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]But isn't the more telling thing that he only got 25% of his legal costs back? Having applied for warrants myself in the past there are are host of things that you can mess up on that can come back to bite you on the backside, many of them not under your control. In cases like these it's whether the defendent gets full costs that's the thing i.e. in the opinion of the court they were 100% right to apply for the warrant and search his house but someone didn't "dot all the I's", etc.

On the other thing, well, how many times has Harry used his own press contacts to his own advantage???

Oh come on now, I can't see a nice chirpy cockney like 'Arry using the press for his own advantage.....
  • Exactly Ormiston. He does it all the time, whether he wants to unsettle a player at another club, or put pressure on the Board or get his excuses in first, etc, etc. Few better in the game than Arry for playing the press so bit of a case of "pot, kettle, black" IMO.