Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

** Chris Solly - New 3 Year Extension**

on OS

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Great news and some stability... hopefully in his knees too...
  • He's only five foot three...
  • Nice one Chris, let's hope the knee holds out.
  • Excellent news.

Glad to read Slade's comments on the deal too.
  • Good news, and slightly unexpected after all the rumours about him getting pushed out a few months ago.

Only 25, I imagine that if it wasn't for his knees, a much higher placed club would have snapped him up
  • Presumably a reduced wage contract?
  • this indicates to me that his knee(s) are not beyond near full repair .. I can't imagine that he's got a new deal on the grounds of sentiment
  • Feels like he's been around forever but he's actually played less games than Jackson.
    Wasn't one of his first games against Slade's Orient, when he ran the length of the pitch to tuck home a back post cross?
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent news.
  • Valley11 said:

Feels like he's been around forever but he's actually played less games than Jackson.
    Wasn't one of his first games against Slade's Orient, when he ran the length of the pitch to tuck home a back post cross?

that was on the telly .. made by Wagstaff ? .. or was it ?
  • Was never going to gillongham
  • Great news
  • Good news, and slightly unexpected after all the rumours about him getting pushed out a few months ago.

Only 25, I imagine that if it wasn't for his knees, a much higher placed club would have snapped him up

Same situation as we had with Rufus, I'm sad for him and the career he could have achieved, BUT it's the only reason we could have kept either for as long as we have/did.

• Great news, but...

How many would be moaning about giving a 3 year contract to someone with his injury record, if it wasn't Chris Solly?
  • Goes to show what influence Slade is having.
  • so pleased, was starting to get worried they was going to let him go and the end of the season for nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep reading about new medical advances where knee cartilage can be regrown.
  • Great news, but...

How many would be moaning about giving a 3 year contract to someone with his injury record, if it wasn't Chris Solly?

A half fit silly is better than most of the tripe we bring in, hopefully the new fitness team can help with those knees

• edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

So much for KM trying to get rid of him more untruths by people just wanting to make trouble

or they did try to get rid of his because of his wages and then they have sat down and agreed new terms!
  • Wasn't at his best last year, and maybe never will be back to that....but you know what, it doesn't matter. We need people like Chris to stick with us, showing some persistance and loyalty. (on both sides)
  • colin1961 said:

So much for KM trying to get rid of him more untruths by people just wanting to make trouble

You saying he wasn't offered to Gillingham in January?
  • Off_it said:

Presumably a reduced wage contract?

Extended rather than new contract might suggest it's the same other than the length it runs to?
  • Great news. Top quality player who is easily too good for league one.

• Great news