Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• once scum always scum
  • "Police clashed with around 200 football fans in west London after Chelsea's defeat in the Champions League final."

They weren't "football fans" they were wankers looking for an excuse to start trouble.

Would have probably had the same in Manchester if the result had gone the other way!
  • wankers can be football fans you know, most of them support Chelsea...

:)
  • Good old Chelsea, glad you didnt let your club and accept defeat graciously
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Good old Chelsea, glad you didnt let your club and accept defeat graciously

As I said above do you think it would have been any different in Manchester if the result had gone the other way?
  • There was a Chelsea fan on my train home last night trying to start trouble with anyone smaller than him who even looked at him the wrong way.

I was forced to step in for the safety of my fellow passengers.

24 carat TWAT!
  • Have to say it's almost certainly idiots looking for a bit of trouble under the banner of a football fan- as much as i don't like Chelsea and a lot of their "fans" the vast vast majority would just have gone home if they were out at all

Also, lets be honest- the media are always looking for this type of story- 12 arrests thats all amongst an event that many people had been drinking at for the best part of 6 hours....
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Good old Chelsea, glad you didnt let your club and accept defeat graciously

As I said above do you think it would have been any different in Manchester if the result had gone the other way?

The result had nothing to do with the trouble, it started after the screen broke down after only 8 minutes, it would have kicked off if Rangers were 3-0 up or 0-3 down
  • I think he means that Manure fans might have rioted last night if Chelsea won...
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]I think he means that Manure fans might have rioted last night if Chelsea won...

oh yeah.....my bad!
  • Sponsored links:

• So as soon as someone starts making trouble they automatically stop being a football fan? Sorry I don't buy it.
  • The Media love it dont they.

A top sports jurno for The daily Mirror (he is dead now) wrote a long article about the footie hooligans and a match report on the Hungary V England game in 1981 (we won 3 v 1 ) . This was very very clever as he was pissed out of his tree and shacked up with 2 whores inhis hotal room at the time. married guy etc etc etc. I know because we were in same hotel and it was pointed out to him at lunch next day what a prick he was. Some even took pics of him and sent letters to a rival paper but not one word was said. the media love to kick the dirt but not at each other.
  • I dont think there would have been trouble in Manchester Barn Door, there are certain elements in all clubs, but Chelsea have this element as well as like clubs such as Millwall that people want to attach them with these clubs so they can have a fight or a riot, i bet there were certain people in SW6 last night that would have kicked off regardles if Chelsea would have won or lost
  • I was in Munich for Englands 5-1 win against Germany, 2 days before the game.
    We must have been offered money at least 2-3 times by journo's and camera crews to start a fight or pose for pictures as such.
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I dont think there would have been trouble in Manchester Barn Door, there are certain elements in all clubs, but Chelsea have this element as well as like clubs such as Millwall that people want to attach them with these clubs so they can have a fight or a riot, i bet there were certain people in SW6 last night that would have kicked off regardles if Chelsea would have won or lost

I agree WIWLB, they would have probably kicked off anyway hence my objection that they are referred to as "football fans" when all they really do is use football as an excuse to have a row.

I would have thought that Man U would also attract it's fair share of undesirables however I take you point.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]So as soon as someone starts making trouble they automatically stop being a football fan? Sorry I don't buy it.

What I'm saying is that the sort that started the trouble are there to start trouble. Not because they love football or Chelsea

Do you think any of those invovled last night give a toss how what they did would reflect on Chelsea or football in general?
  • They are just herberts who want to create a name for themselves and dont stop to think about the club, the same lot who would start trouble in pubs after England get knocked out of tournaments, i bet they are all on the phone to their mates bragging about what they done last night, the worst thing to do is give them the media exposure they crave
  • when drunk a lot of people don't give a toss, and when sober a lot don't either, whether that means they are a real fan or not I'm not sure, but if they wear a shirt and or attend matches..
  • so i take it you are justifying there actions last night then razil
  • edited May 2008
    No not all, I hate all the hooliganism - stuff against police, attacking other innocent fans, or arranged 'meets'.

We aren't cavemen are we? Innocents nearly always get hurt either directly or indirectly. It forces the police to use intimidation tactics on fans which I also detest, is scary for kids and adults, and is just plain wrong.

Just my opinion but I think there is no justification for any kind of hooligan violence.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2008
    what people seem to forget is there would have probably been 12 arrests in the same area for general drunken idiocy after the pubs stop servin, no matter if there was a game or not, just if your in a football shirt then it must surely be football violence, you get 'banged up' for the night rather than just seperated from the trouble.

I'm not sayin its a good thing but its a fact large amount of people drinkin = trouble
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Just my opinion but I think there is no justification for any kind of hooligan violence.

Totally agree which is why I find some of your comments about "real fans" strange.

I'm a Football fan and I go beacuse I love my club and Ilove the game. I resent being labled in the same way as someone who goes with the soul intention of starting trouble.
  • I take your point and agree they aren't 'proper' fans, however cos someone is a thug doesn't mean they aren't a football fan. These people are part of the game unfortunately you can't separate them out from it. That's all I mean.
  • Problem is, if you look at their history then Chelsea fans have form when it comes to kicking-off and I've always seen them as a top-flight Millwall. You only need to browse through the crime section at your local Waterstone's to see evidence of the HH elite.

Having said that, Chelsea seem to have been in a state of transition from the late 90's, given the number of plastics that have attached themselves to the club, much to the fury of the 'old school'. Although last night's trouble was caused by shirt-wearing chavs so this was hardly an organised riot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Media love it dont they.

A top sports jurno for The daily Mirror (he is dead now) wrote a long article about the footie hooligans and a match report on the Hungary V England game in 1981 (we won 3 v 1 ) . This was very very clever as he was pissed out of his tree and shacked up with 2 whores inhis hotal room at the time. married guy etc etc etc. I know because we were in same hotel and it was pointed out to him at lunch next day what a prick he was. Some even took pics of him and sent letters to a rival paper but not one word was said. the media love to kick the dirt but not at each other.

They never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
  • according to friends of mine that were there there was no riot, these arrests were centered around someone being run over a story that seems to have been missed by many.

And before anyone says these people aren't real fans they are but would not pay £1200 to travel to russia.

What real evidence is there of "riots" one picture of old bill by the station? Not exactly the same as rangers last week is it?
  • "And before anyone says these people aren't real fans they are but would not pay £1200 to travel to russia"

Still no excuse carl, I would sell my house to pay to go and see Charlton in the FA Cup final, let alone the CL final. They are armchair lightweights of the first order...
  • thats utter bull shit, if you have kids and a mortgage and other more important things in life then football takes a back burner.

Family holiday or champions league final??

i love charlton but i wouldn't lose a family over it