Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will these two be our centre backs at Bury?

Comments

• So is there any difference in having a "sleeve" on your right or left arm?
  • Saw patrick after the game, seems to like being around, definitely think he will stay, unfortunately dont think tex will
  • No

I think Patrick will stay, but no way will Tex still be here, he's far to good to play in the 3rd division, and when we signed him I'm sure there was an agreement that if we were relegated we wouldn't stand in his way. He probably wouldn't have signed without such a clause

• I sponsored PB5's home kit last season, and have had the true pleasure and privilege to meet him. He is indeed a great guy - very likeable, respectful and modest. In other circumstances he could be a fixture and a firm favourite for the next ten years but I fear that as soon as he is fit once more his performances will draw much interest from outside.
  • Weird that these two have never played together, and are out having dinner together. Shows that the togetherness of the squad is strong
  • After yesterday would be happy to see Konsa play at Bury.

Johnson's close ball control from passes was awful yesterday. He did manage a couple of interceptions and a bit of organization to defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

I really like Bauer. Seems like his morals are straight and his 'banter' on Twitter with the other players puts him in a really good light.

Potential to be a fans favourite if he stays fit and I think he knows it.

He was responding to questions in the "Comments" section of the first Facebook Live video from training. Also remember he turned up in the away end last year at...Rotherham maybe? As you said, he seems to like being around and seems like a very nice, down to earth young man.

I think Tex could be a fan favorite if he stays as well. He was loved at Standard, remember him live tweeting their cup final as though he were still a part of the team.

Personally think both are far too good for this division and if you'd asked me in May I'd have said we won't keep either. Would love to be wrong. Even if one or both do depart, hoping they'll do so on loan on the off chance we get promoted they could come back.
    He joined the fans behind the stand at Colchester at half time. Signed all autographs and posed for selfies. Came across as a very decent bloke.
  • Both are very good and I'll be delighted if we keep both. Very disappointed if we lose either.
  • PB will stay, Tex will go
  • I reckon Bauer is every bit as good as Tex. hope they both stay.
  • Johnson and Lennon at Bury, unless another centre back is signed. Jorge will be off, Bauer and Diarra not fit, Konsa not yet.
  • If we somehow managed to keep both of those this season we'd be laughing
  • If we have both then we won't be conceding many goals this season. I'd also fancy them to score a fair few between them at set pieces.
  • If we somehow managed to keep both of those this seasonwe'd be laughing they'll have been injured for most of it , to happen

• shirty5 said:

Johnson and Lennon at Bury, unless another centre back is signed. Jorge will be off, Bauer and Diarra not fit, Konsa not yet.

Diarra has a stress fracture of the foot and Lennon a groin injury so both likely to be out for 6 weeks.

Konsa looked much more assured than Johnson yesterday. Sounds like Bauer could be fit by then.
  • A load of 'ifs' but if they both stayed, if they got to play within a consistent back 5 (including keeper) over this season and if we got promoted, then I honestly believe they could be one of the best pairing in the Championship.

Absolute beasts and superb footballers.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Tex leaves I'm sure we'll bring in at least one extra CB

Johnson may have been shocking last season after he returned, but can surely do a job for us this season?
  • If Tex leaves I'm sure we'll bring in at least one extra CB

Johnson may have been shocking last season after he returned, but can surely do a job for us this season?

Not if the Colchester game was anything to go by
  • I think Terell Thomas and Ezri Konsa will get some game time during the Season. Both Class defenders.
  • I hope so, Bauer has got banter on Twitter mullers Watt every now and then.
  • wmcf123 said:

If Tex leaves I'm sure we'll bring in at least one extra CB

...or his passing and general demeanour yesterday
  • dickplumb said:

I think Terell Thomas and Ezri Konsa will get some game time during the Season. Both Class defenders.

I thought they both looked excellent yesterday. Thomas has a real turn of pace on him, too.
  • wmcf123 said:

Hardly anyone that day covered themselves in glory...

wmcf123 said:

Maybe Slade can motivate him? Does Roger really want to leave football as that guy who used to be decent, but gave up for the last 5 years of his career?
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Maybe Slade can motivate him? Does Roger really want to leave football as that guy who used to be decent, but gave up for the last 5 years of his career?
    At another club maybe RJ would be ok at league one level. However I feel that certain players in this squad have that same toxicity as many okish players in that squad before the Powell rebuild.

Maybe it's unfair, but to me Johnson, Ba, Bergdich and Ceballos just have the smell of failure and negativity wafting around them. I just want them gone and a new set of enthusiastic Slade players in.
  • I admire the optimism That Johnson will become decent this year; I don't share it, I'm afraid . Bar the good couple of games when he first joined in feb 2015, he has been awful
  • wmcf123 said:

I admire the optimism That Johnson will become decent this year; I don't share it, I'm afraid . Bar the good couple of games when he first joined in feb 2015, he has been awful

I'm not saying he will be decent, but he should be able to do a job in the 3rd division IF he wants it

wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

At another club maybe RJ would be ok at league one level. However I feel that certain players in this squad have that same toxicity as many okish players in that squad before the Powell rebuild.

Maybe it's unfair, but to me Johnson, Ba, Bergdich and Ceballos just have the smell of failure and negativity wafting around them. I just want them gone and a new set of enthusiastic Slade players in.
    Sadly that may be true